• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Cowboys in Oxnard

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't watch but looking at the box score, Lance didn't help himself.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is definitely a highlight. Ha. He made some plays. 5 INTs though was rough. One was the last play of the game. Another was stolen from the WR. Still just inconsistent

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance did a lot of good things IMO. Lots of talent, 400+ total yards. A couple of picks at the end were forced throws because it was the end of the hand and a couple of picks the WR could have caught the ball or at least broke it up. He still is inaccurate, but I could absolutely see him being a starter in a couple of years. Just needs reps he's only 24

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is definitely a highlight. Ha. He made some plays. 5 INTs though was rough. One was the last play of the game. Another was stolen from the WR. Still just inconsistent
That's right. When I look at a young player, I know up front there are going to be mistakes. Troy Aikmans first year numbers were absolutely terrible. Lance made a lot of mistakes but he also made some DAMN plays. It's easier to clean up mistakes than to increase a players talent level

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance did a lot of good things IMO. Lots of talent, 400+ total yards. A couple of picks at the end were forced throws because it was the end of the hand and a couple of picks the WR could have caught the ball or at least broke it up. He still is inaccurate, but I could absolutely see him being a starter in a couple of years. Just needs reps he's only 24
I don't see him in this league. Far too inaccurate IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him in this league. Far too inaccurate IMO.
Horrible accuracy and horrible ability to read a defense combine for a horrible QB. He just is not an NFL starter. It's mind boggling this is still being argued

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible accuracy and horrible ability to read a defense combine for a horrible QB. He just is not an NFL starter. It's mind boggling this is still being argued
Horrible is pretty strong. He's not ready yet. This is one where you are right for the present, but I think you'll be wrong in a few years.
The kid threw the ball 50 times. That's not the game plan we would ever use of he really had to play(again, not ready yet). He needs to throw it 25-30, run it 7-8 to be effective. He started forcing the ball late and no he isn't ready for that. But horrible is way over the top. Horrible would be Dak's first half against Green Bay in a home playoff game. One bad game won't prevent Dak from being the highest paid player in the history of the game soon

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duce is our best. We in trouble.
Coming into this season, I didn't think there was any way Deuce should be anything but a practice squad RB for us this year. After looking explosive in the preseason last year he just was tackled so easily in the real games and not just tackled, but stopped dead in his tracks or knocked backwards way too easily. He is too small to pass protect. Doesn't run down on kickoffs or punts. Contrary to the idea of him being a slot receiver that I keep hearing, he is a small target and is going to get passes thrown over his head or outside of his catch radius more often than other players IMO. So I didn't really give him a chance this year and him making a few nice moves in the preseason against guys who won't play for NFL defenses when the real games start wasn't going to sway me.

BUT, what I saw different in him this preseason was the straight forward aggressiveness and more strength or at least running harder. He hit holes faster, he pushed the piles, he powered through a small hole and the next thing I knew he had a 4 yard gain where it looked like it was clogged at the LOS. If he can combine that with the speed and quickness everyone knows he has, I think he can come in for a series or two a game and give the offense a spark. I now not only want him to make the 53 and think he will make the 53, but I will be disappointed if he doesn't. My problem is still that I want Freeman on the team as our power back and I think it's one or the other. Dowdle should IMO be our starter (for now at least) and is a lock for the 53 and Freeman can help on STs and as a short yardage back and inside the 5 where we need it most. I like the idea of using a FB more and Luepke is also a good STs player and the fact that he didn't really play in the preseason and that Jerry told us how involved he will be probably means he is on the team. So that leaves us with Zeke. There is no way this team cuts Zeke IMO. He is the guy Jerry told us would make everything better after ignoring the 7 or 8 good free agent RBs this offseason and who Jerry said could still be a starter in this league. So that means Freeman or Deuce isn't making it. STs would make Freeman the guy but knowing how this front office operates I'm guessing it's Deuce and since he doesn't play STs I worry if he will even be active on game day to get a chance to show how exciting he can be if given a chance. I really think with a power OL and Dowdle, Freeman, Deuce and Luepke we might be ok at RB. But, my head tells me it's going to be Zeke at the top. A slow, less powerful, less elusive, less effective Zeke.

Diggs and Bland weren't playing STs. With Bland out, Scott or Mukuamu or whomever gets his roster spot for the first half of the season will play STs. Maybe that secures a spot for Deuce since it may not be imperative that our last RB plays on punt and kickoff coverage teams. Maybe with Edoga out a month we go with one less OL and keep 5 RBs? Maybe we cut Luepke and keep Spann-Ford or Hendershot (good STs guy) as an H-Back? Maybe we trade for or pickup a RB who isn't currently on our roster. A lot of moving parts right now. Will be interesting to see what they decide on Tuesday. Either way, I was impressed with Deuce this preseason and hope that if he is cut, that he ends up on our PS and gets a chance at some point during the year..