• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Cowboys in Oxnard

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming into this season, I didn't think there was any way Deuce should be anything but a practice squad RB for us this year. After looking explosive in the preseason last year he just was tackled so easily in the real games and not just tackled, but stopped dead in his tracks or knocked backwards way too easily. He is too small to pass protect. Doesn't run down on kickoffs or punts. Contrary to the idea of him being a slot receiver that I keep hearing, he is a small target and is going to get passes thrown over his head or outside of his catch radius more often than other players IMO. So I didn't really give him a chance this year and him making a few nice moves in the preseason against guys who won't play for NFL defenses when the real games start wasn't going to sway me.

BUT, what I saw different in him this preseason was the straight forward aggressiveness and more strength or at least running harder. He hit holes faster, he pushed the piles, he powered through a small hole and the next thing I knew he had a 4 yard gain where it looked like it was clogged at the LOS. If he can combine that with the speed and quickness everyone knows he has, I think he can come in for a series or two a game and give the offense a spark. I now not only want him to make the 53 and think he will make the 53, but I will be disappointed if he doesn't. My problem is still that I want Freeman on the team as our power back and I think it's one or the other. Dowdle should IMO be our starter (for now at least) and is a lock for the 53 and Freeman can help on STs and as a short yardage back and inside the 5 where we need it most. I like the idea of using a FB more and Luepke is also a good STs player and the fact that he didn't really play in the preseason and that Jerry told us how involved he will be probably means he is on the team. So that leaves us with Zeke. There is no way this team cuts Zeke IMO. He is the guy Jerry told us would make everything better after ignoring the 7 or 8 good free agent RBs this offseason and who Jerry said could still be a starter in this league. So that means Freeman or Deuce isn't making it. STs would make Freeman the guy but knowing how this front office operates I'm guessing it's Deuce and since he doesn't play STs I worry if he will even be active on game day to get a chance to show how exciting he can be if given a chance. I really think with a power OL and Dowdle, Freeman, Deuce and Luepke we might be ok at RB. But, my head tells me it's going to be Zeke at the top. A slow, less powerful, less elusive, less effective Zeke.

Diggs and Bland weren't playing STs. With Bland out, Scott or Mukuamu or whomever gets his roster spot for the first half of the season will play STs. Maybe that secures a spot for Deuce since it may not be imperative that our last RB plays on punt and kickoff coverage teams. Maybe with Edoga out a month we go with one less OL and keep 5 RBs? Maybe we cut Luepke and keep Spann-Ford or Hendershot (good STs guy) as an H-Back? Maybe we trade for or pickup a RB who isn't currently on our roster. A lot of moving parts right now. Will be interesting to see what they decide on Tuesday. Either way, I was impressed with Deuce this preseason and hope that if he is cut, that he ends up on our PS and gets a chance at some point during the year..
He has had 14 carries for 84 yards for a 6.0 average. Not shabby but how much of that was against #1 defense?

I didn't watch games in pre only first half first game. But I do remember him last year as you described. Not sure you can get more power like you described outta him but I will go with your gut instead of mine as you clearly have had more exposure than I.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had 14 carries for 84 yards for a 6.0 average. Not shabby but how much of that was against #1 defense?

I didn't watch games in pre only first half first game. But I do remember him last year as you described. Not sure you can get more power like you described outta him but I will go with your gut instead of mine as you clearly have had more exposure than I.
There's always a flip side. It's not like he had Lamb and Ferguson to throw to either. There's no way he should throw the ball 50 times either way

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's bashing Vaughn

agenda post
Vaughn could have the same type of season Pollard had 2 years ago if they use him in the same way they used Pollard. He should lead the team in carries, but keep it to around 230-240 carries. He would have 1000 yards and 8-10 TD's

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaughn could have the same type of season Pollard had 2 years ago if they use him in the same way they used Pollard. He should lead the team in carries, but keep it to around 230-240 carries. He would have 1000 yards and 8-10 TD's
well looking at last year's stats tells you nothing other than running out the clock stats more than anything

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckiest team ever with that pick. If they had missed, you are right they would have been set back for years.
not sure Purdy has 100% arrived just yet
teams are a house of cards if the wrong dudes miss large amounts of time.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure Purdy has 100% arrived just yet
teams are a house of cards if the wrong dudes miss large amounts of time.
I still say that CMC is the engine that makes that offense go. Take him out of the equation and let’s see how successful Purdy is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s not that I think he got a lot stronger in one offseason, it’s more that I think he is running harder and more aggressively. maybe more confident or something or just comfortable with the offense.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say that CMC is the engine that makes that offense go. Take him out of the equation and let’s see how successful Purdy is.
sure seems this way to me.

I heard on the flag ship this week that CMS had 29 carries against Dallas over the last two playoff games and his largest single carry of the 29 was 8 yards.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bland injury sucks Carson going to get thrown in the fire . Beebe did not play so he likely starts.

I hope Deuce and Flournoy make the 53. Asim Richards is a solid player. I don't see them putting Richards on the practice squad

Lance is not an accurate thrower of the football at this point. I have doubts about him. 5 picks is terrible

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bland injury sucks Carson going to get thrown in the fire . Beebe did not play so he likely starts.

I hope Deuce and Flournoy make the 53. Asim Richards is a solid player. I don't see them putting Richards on the practice squad

Lance is not an accurate thrower of the football at this point. I have doubts about him. 5 picks is terrible
yeah. His highlight reel is pretty much just him running.