• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Cowboys in Oxnard

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Beebe will be good for the running game. This guy can block and move anybody that gets in front of him.
Agree totally... and Hoffman looks good. Waletzko seems a solid back up for a game or two as well. Ball is a waste of time.

I think it's becoming somewhat clear IF we get the line play in the run game, our offense is going to be top 5 if not top 3.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like after last year's needs based bust of a draft, the club has another excellent group of young players coming in. Great news, but also frustrating. When you draft at this level, if the Cowboys had a competent Owner, they would be the envy of the league. If Jerry would just grab Stephen up, retire to the party bus, and leave running the Franchise to McClay, we would start winning Super Bowls again. But then, we have been singing that sad tune for decades around here

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like after last year's needs based bust of a draft, the club has another excellent group of young players coming in. Great news, but also frustrating. When you draft at this level, if the Cowboys had a competent Owner, they would be the envy of the league. If Jerry would just grab Stephen up, retire to the party bus, and leave running the Franchise to McClay, we would start winning Super Bowls again. But then, we have been singing that sad tune for decades around here
new year

shit....the stars all aligned for the Rangers.

new year

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ssaw this...extremely early and very small sample size BUT

Tyler Guyton is the highest-graded offensive tackle from the 24 class after two PS games. Out of all the tackles to play in the preseason, Guyton ranks 9th (80.6)

per PFF

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ssaw this...extremely early and very small sample size BUT

Tyler Guyton is the highest-graded offensive tackle from the 24 class after two PS games. Out of all the tackles to play in the preseason, Guyton ranks 9th (80.6)

per PFF
Guyton and Beebe playing well...TSmith, Martin and Steele on the way...could be worse

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure I agree this is where they will play him, but it wouldn’t be so horrible to see some big DTs in front of some of our speedy LBers on obvious run downs from time to time

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure I agree this is the they will play him, but it wouldn’t be so horrible to see some big DTs in front of some of our speedy LBers on obvious run downs from time to time
Zimmer used two fatties quite often in Minnesota. He wanted to stop the run

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer used two fatties quite often in Minnesota. He wanted to stop the run
Zimmer is certainly old school. He wants to stop the run. There are yards to be had if pressure is slowed in the air. Mike will blitz and Kendricks, Clark, Overshown, Liufau look strong. Harvey Jr seemed active Saturday night.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer is certainly old school. He wants to stop the run. There are yards to be had if pressure is slowed in the air. Mike will blitz and Kendricks, Clark, Overshown, Liufau look strong. Harvey Jr seemed active Saturday night.
I thought Harvey Jr looked good as well. He might take the 5th LB job

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the run defense will be much better. Kendric and Overshown going to be very active. The secondary is one of the best in the NFL. Kneeland is going to be a major run stopper. Zimmer will find a way to get pressure on QBs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the run defense will be much better. Kendric and Overshown going to be very active. The secondary is one of the best in the NFL. Kneeland is going to be a major run stopper. Zimmer will find a way to get pressure on QBs.
I think even with the exact same roster the run defense would be better because Zimmer isn't going to run the stupid base set that Quinn did (sorry to be a broken record on the topic). How can you expect to stop the run when you play two LBers on run downs and one of them is really a DB and the other is inexperienced and when you play DEs as DTs?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think even with the exact same roster the run defense would be better because Zimmer isn't going to run the stupid base set that Quinn did (sorry to be a broken record on the topic). How can you expect to stop the run when you play two LBers on run downs and one of them is really a DB and the other is inexperienced and when you play DEs as DTs?
Never magnified more than when Green Bay ran through our defense like they had Earl Campbell in his prime

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the run defense will be much better. Kendric and Overshown going to be very active.
I look forward to seeing Overshown play. I don't recall his preseason last year. I remember him at Texas...very active player. I do know what I saw last Saturday. I saw guy with all kinds of hair coming from his helmet flying around. He seemed very comfortable with his reads and first step.

Getting pretty excited.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo.
If Lamb was indeed presented with a contract of 33M Per knowing Jefferson stands at 35M per and Chase will get more than 33 per.

who you backing if this is the stand off.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to seeing Overshown play. I don't recall his preseason last year. I remember him at Texas...very active player. I do know what I saw last Saturday. I saw guy with all kinds of hair coming from his helmet flying around. He seemed very comfortable with his reads and first step.

Getting pretty excited.
He was awesome last preseason and in practice. Quinn revamped the defense just because of Overshown. That's why after he went down they went ahead and moved Bell into the LB role they had him in. They had no other LB that could move like him so Quinn went with a smaller fast guy. And it worked till Diggs went down put a strain on the back half of the D. If this kid stays healthy I think he will be an absolute star

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo.
If Lamb was indeed presented with a contract of 33M Per knowing Jefferson stands at 35M per and Chase will get more than 33 per.

who you backing if this is the stand off.
Personally, Lamb. The Cowboys could have had him at 33 months ago but Jerry did what Jerry does and now, as with Dak, Jerry has ZERO leverage. It's Jerry's fault he is in this mess. And as much as I've said don't give Dak $65 million per, I'm totally on his side in this. He has done nothing wrong, it's 100% on Jerry and Stephen

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was awesome last preseason and in practice. Quinn revamped the defense just because of Overshown. That's why after he went down they went ahead and moved Bell into the LB role they had him in. They had no other LB that could move like him so Quinn went with a smaller fast guy. And it worked till Diggs went down put a strain on the back half of the D. If this kid stays healthy I think he will be an absolute star
i'd be good with star.

kinda makes me glad Quinn isn't the Dallas head coach. Dan was living large with Parsons on his roster.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, Lamb. The Cowboys could have had him at 33 months ago but Jerry did what Jerry does and now, as with Dak, Jerry has ZERO leverage. It's Jerry's fault he is in this mess. And as much as I've said don't give Dak $65 million per, I'm totally on his side in this. He has done nothing wrong, it's 100% on Jerry and Stephen
so regardless pay the man

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so regardless pay the man
I think in Lamb and Parsons case, 100%. They are great players and deserve the money. My beef with Dak os not about Dak, its about the QB pay in general. Dak could make nearly as much as those two combined and I just don't know how you make that work, though they are drafting so well they might