• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Cowboys in Oxnard

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big positive yesterday was the play of some guys we knew nothing about in a pro game. Guyton played great, Overshown, Kneeland and Carson all did very well, Stephens and Cropper had moments, all those kids look like they can play

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big positive yesterday was the play of some guys we knew nothing about in a pro game. Guyton played great, Overshown, Kneeland and Carson all did very well, Stephens and Cropper had moments, all those kids look like they can play
Overshown looked explosive. Incredible quickness on one of the tackles he made. Asim Richards I have liked since day one. Richards I think can be a quality reserve and he is going to help send Ball to a different teams practice squad. Or maybe out of the NFL entirely.

Guyton is kind of a scary looking dude. The size and power looking good. On one block he destroyed the Rams defender and took out his teammate. Guyton moves very well for a guy that huge. I see serious potential

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell that Guyton wants to maul and get nasty with people. He got a little Erik Williams in him when it comes to nastiness. I like what I am seeing so far with Guyton.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell that Guyton wants to maul and get nasty with people. He got a little Erik Williams in him when it comes to nastiness. I like what I am seeing so far with Guyton.
Yeah the Cowboys can pick em when it comes to OL.
I am way past fired up about Overshown. I know he isn't Micah, but he has some of that in him. He jumps out with explosiveness whenever he is on the field

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch one play.

1st preseason games are box scores only.
Interesting. I look at it the opposite way. I don't care about the box score. I want to see how guys look in those limited, somewhat meaningless snaps.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought our DTs did OK on running downs and I thought the DEs did well on running downs. Mazi still doesn't look strong enough to do the job the right way as a FT player but he had an excellent recognition and quick move out on that screen to make a tackle which was nice to see on an otherwise kind of blah night. Baby steps, I'll take a little improvement each week.
Kinda how I saw Mazi as well. He was OK. The screen was one example… and there were a few more where he simply did his job and took on double teams. There were a couple of plays where he got overpowered but all in all it was a marked improvement from what we saw out of him last season. Give me incremental improvement. All we can ask.
I thought Lance had some nice plays but still just looks like a guy who has no touch on the ball and just waits and fires it. One of the most important things of last nights game was seeing what we had in Lance and building up his confidence. They did a good job of this on his first play of the game where instead of running the ball on 1st and 10 they threw a quick out which was easy to complete and got him started going in the right direction... I still think his NFL position is wild cat QB on short yardage and inside the 3.
Plenty to pick on but his footwork is a mess and has a lot to do with those “over throws”. This far along in his career you would think that has been stressed to a point where he either “gets it” or not. Probably right about him as a wildcat option. He definitely has the speed for it.

All in all I thought our guys did some good things and some showed themselves to be NFL players.
Agreed...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know...you should be columnist or something.
Trying to make him famous. I remember back in the day there was Blackie, Galloway, Fisher, Bayless and Gosselin. Some good writers in that group, hard to believe the worst of the bunch(except Fisher) ended up the most famous for being a pretend Cowboys fan

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies to Ball I saw his PFF grade a little earlier and went back and watched some of him specifically. I definitely was including him as part of the problem on plays where his side was blown up but it wasn’t actually him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it’s hard to imagine the refs missed this 4 times in 2 minutes. Yes these are 4 different plays

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcmath was terrible. He dropped two easy passes in a row. The last one was an easy first down in the red zone. You can't do that an expect to make a team. Lance was throwing to his first read, not surveying the field. I will give him a pass. He needs more reps. Rush is who we thought he was nice pass then an awful one stopping a drive. The ND linebacker's MO in college was getting taken out of a play too often. But it is just his first NFL game and he looked quicker than I thought he was. Overall, Not a bad, but I wish the refs would atleast wait till the first regular season game to make a horrible game changing call. One last one, I suffered watching the Rams feed and that Coach cam is going to have me watching less games if it continues. Annoying as hell, and went on forever. The camera stayed on the coaches instead of play on the field. Hope just an experiment.
I’m the last person to defend Rush, but On the incomplete throw into the end zone Rush was drilled when he threw it and I think there was some miscommunication between him and Brooks. Brooks literally just ran out of the back of the end zone and kept going. I suspect Rush expected him to curl or something? also maybe he thought the other receiver (I don’t remember who it was) was going to run an out instead of cutting in.

It did seem odd he threw it where he did. I’m not sure which he was targeting. Or maybe he just wanted to air mail it to avoid a sack and got hit. It was a weird play and I watched it a couple times because I couldn’t figure it out and also because I was trying to see what went wrong on the protection. the DL stunted and Bass and I think Waletzko recognized it and switched men seamlessly, but then Bass just seemingly whiffed on his guy

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Real good against the run.
nice to see him hold his run gaps & I did like the fact as a young guy he held containment instead of beelining for the Qb & allowing him outside.
Nice 1st game to build on.