• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Cowboys in Oxnard

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve seen little to convince me that he’s more than “just a guy”.
a mobile backup is nice. As long as the whole team knows they are not a starter. They are capable of moving chains for a game or so. When passing struggles.

Either have a mobile backup, or a Back up that is waiting in the wind to take over the team. (good enough to start)

Right now this guy is having issues unsurplanting Rush just as a backup.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least we fixed the Kicker problem LOL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a mobile backup is nice. As long as the whole team knows they are not a starter. They are capable of moving chains for a game or so. When passing struggles.

Either have a mobile backup, or a Back up that is waiting in the wind to take over the team. (good enough to start)

Right now this guy is having issues unsurplanting Rush just as a backup.
Yeah it would definitely be Rush at this point. I think they will spend the next year trying to develop him though. It does underline the stupidity of never drafting a QB

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it would definitely be Rush at this point. I think they will spend the next year trying to develop him though. It does underline the stupidity of never drafting a QB
when are you thinking?
Obviously they would use early picks on players to help the offense. (I wish we did more on defense)
What round are you thinking to use on flyers for QBs? 3rd? 4th?

Think we will end up like in the 90's (before the cap) we will have to buy a Back up, if we take that spot seriously.
Lance is the 1st effort I have seen in a long time we spent on back up QB. Before that. Dak was supposed to be the back up we put effort into acquiring.

Sooo.... a 4th?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams throw 72 INTs & the Cowboys with zero TDs & only up by 6.
These are the games in the reg. season we deserve to lose!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when are you thinking?
Obviously they would use early picks on players to help the offense. (I wish we did more on defense)

Think we will end up like in the 90's (before the cap) we will have to buy a Back up, if we take that spot seriously.
Lance is the 1st effort I have seen in a long time we spent on back up QB. Before that. Dak was supposed to be the back up we put effort into acquiring.

Sooo.... a 4th?
3rd or 4th. Dak, Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins...there are plenty of mid round guys who ended up being max contract guys. There are late round guys like Brady and undrafted like Romo that work out well. Once every 3-4 years would work for me

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when are you thinking?

Sooo.... a 4th?
There were a lot of guys out there that'll be working at Wendy's one day soon lol

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was a weak ass penalty.
Sorry he got hurt.
but what was the foul?
Also why was the flag thrown a day after the play (after he saw he wasnt getting up)

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well our 4 min defense is showing up. Will they give it away? (can we blame Dak)LOL

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see our defense is in midseason form.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost twice today. This game which didn’t mean much, of course.

And my town lost this bad boy. We’ve had him forever. At least as long as I’ve been alive maybe less five years. The Hawaiian Mars.

IMG_0702.jpeg

Off to the aviation museum in Victoria. And the 2nd one in its navy blue is off to Arizona. The end of an era. The Philippine Mars.

IMG_0704.jpeg

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been really excited about Beebe, but he got his ass whipped all day long

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning preseason games doesn't matter and we had no major injuries so I call it a successful game 1. After the past few weeks I don't think there is any chance Edoga was starting week 1 so right now he is a backup and doesn't look like he will be out too long so no biggie.

Our "1st team" OL looked pretty good and Rush had that one great throw and Rico looked really good. I just don't see how Zeke holds him off by the end of the year for the starting job. The other OL who came in seemed to struggle. Guys like Waletzko and Ball just shouldn't even be practice squad players at this point. Grab veterans or some other young guys who look like they may have a chance to step up if needed. I don't know why people keep propping them up but they just stink. I know it wasn't many plays but Guyton looked great. I don't remember seeing the rookie OL Thomas. I'm assuming he played?

I thought our DTs did OK on running downs and I thought the DEs did well on running downs. Mazi still doesn't look strong enough to do the job the right way as a FT player but he had an excellent recognition and quick move out on that screen to make a tackle which was nice to see on an otherwise kind of blah night. Baby steps, I'll take a little improvement each week. I thought Rogers looked pretty stout in the middle. But, absolutely no pass rush at all from the entire DL. Other than a nice move by Toney on the play where we got the sack (I think he would have gotten the sack himself if we weren't blitzing) none of those guys put any pressure on or looked like they have a chance to win one on one. I thought against the run Kneeland was great in his limited time. The first play of the game he fought off his block and moved laterally to make the stop for a minimal gain. Was good to see Golston at DE where he is obviously a much better fit and he had a nice play against the run too. I thought Fehoko also was OK on run downs and seemed to lineup up and down the line. I'm glad to see Zimmer is playing Golston at DE and not DT. I thought the LBers were active but Liufau really got taken right out of the hole and was the reason we gave up that big 14 yard gain and on a 3rd down play Overshown got totally wiped out to set up what would have been an easy 1st down but and Kneeland again came down and made the play. I thought Overshown had a couple other plays though where he did a good job including the coverage play where he rode the TE through his area into the end zone on what could have been an interception by Bell. Like clockwork and regardless of which DC is there we completely lost contain on that 4th and 1 where Stetson had the keeper around the left end. Fehoko was on the end and may have had responsibility but based on how they played it, it looked to me like it was Juanyeh Thomas who did and just took himself out of the play by moving inside after the snap and following the ball fake. It wouldn't be a Cowboy/Rams game if we didn't give up at least one of those.

I thought Lance had some nice plays but still just looks like a guy who has no touch on the ball and just waits and fires it. One of the most important things of last nights game was seeing what we had in Lance and building up his confidence. They did a good job of this on his first play of the game where instead of running the ball on 1st and 10 they threw a quick out which was easy to complete and got him started going in the right direction. Then when it mattered more McCarthy or Schottenheimer (whomever was calling the plays last night) shit the bed on that 4th and 1 from around the 3. You just want to get this kid confidence and instead of calling a QB sneak and likely following it up with an easy TD they try that fade/out route which is a very hard throw since the WR is running away from the QB with a defender in between for a guy who just throws line drives and they end up with nothing. I think the thoughts of Lance would be much different today if they just went for the easy 1st down there. Honestly, I'm not sure this guy is ever going to be an NFL QB if he can't start realizing it isn't about throwing a football like a baseball and works on putting some air under the ball sometimes, but damn is he fast. If the only goal was winning the game we could have scrambled him 5 or 6 times and would have had more success which is what we likely would do if he ever plays in a regular season game. I still think his NFL position is wild cat QB on short yardage and inside the 3.

I thought the DBs played fair. I'm not going to give them too much credit for the interceptions that landed right in their hands while they were just sitting there, but you have to give them some credit for them. The coverage was hit and miss. I thought Scott was horrible in coverage, missed the tackle that led to a short crossing route being a huge gain and also had that late hit penalty. Obviously the personal foul on the Rams last drive was a horrible call and probably is why the Rams won, but it didn't really matter much whether we won or lost and I'd rather the refs err on the side of safety in a preseason game so it wasn't a big deal. All in all I thought our guys did some good things and some showed themselves to be NFL players.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning preseason games doesn't matter and we had no major injuries so I call it a successful game 1. After the past few weeks I don't think there is any chance Edoga was starting week 1 so right now he is a backup and doesn't look like he will be out too long so no biggie.

Our "1st team" OL looked pretty good and Rush had that one great throw and Rico looked really good. I just don't see how Zeke holds him off by the end of the year for the starting job. The other OL who came in seemed to struggle. Guys like Waletzko and Ball just shouldn't even be practice squad players at this point. Grab veterans or some other young guys who look like they may have a chance to step up if needed. I don't know why people keep propping them up but they just stink. I know it wasn't many plays but Guyton looked great. I don't remember seeing the rookie OL Thomas. I'm assuming he played?

I thought our DTs did OK on running downs and I thought the DEs did well on running downs. Mazi still doesn't look strong enough to do the job the right way as a FT player but he had an excellent recognition and quick move out on that screen to make a tackle which was nice to see on an otherwise kind of blah night. Baby steps, I'll take a little improvement each week. I thought Rogers looked pretty stout in the middle. But, absolutely no pass rush at all from the entire DL. Other than a nice move by Toney on the play where we got the sack (I think he would have gotten the sack himself if we weren't blitzing) none of those guys put any pressure on or looked like they have a chance to win one on one. I thought against the run Kneeland was great in his limited time. The first play of the game he fought off his block and moved laterally to make the stop for a minimal gain. Was good to see Golston at DE where he is obviously a much better fit and he had a nice play against the run too. I thought Fehoko also was OK on run downs and seemed to lineup up and down the line. I'm glad to see Zimmer is playing Golston at DE and not DT. I thought the LBers were active but Liufau really got taken right out of the hole and was the reason we gave up that big 14 yard gain and on a 3rd down play Overshown got totally wiped out to set up what would have been an easy 1st down but and Kneeland again came down and made the play. I thought Overshown had a couple other plays though where he did a good job including the coverage play where he rode the TE through his area into the end zone on what could have been an interception by Bell. Like clockwork and regardless of which DC is there we completely lost contain on that 4th and 1 where Stetson had the keeper around the left end. Fehoko was on the end and may have had responsibility but based on how they played it, it looked to me like it was Juanyeh Thomas who did and just took himself out of the play by moving inside after the snap and following the ball fake. It wouldn't be a Cowboy/Rams game if we didn't give up at least one of those.

I thought Lance had some nice plays but still just looks like a guy who has no touch on the ball and just waits and fires it. One of the most important things of last nights game was seeing what we had in Lance and building up his confidence. They did a good job of this on his first play of the game where instead of running the ball on 1st and 10 they threw a quick out which was easy to complete and got him started going in the right direction. Then when it mattered more McCarthy or Schottenheimer (whomever was calling the plays last night) shit the bed on that 4th and 1 from around the 3. You just want to get this kid confidence and instead of calling a QB sneak and likely following it up with an easy TD they try that fade/out route which is a very hard throw since the WR is running away from the QB with a defender in between for a guy who just throws line drives and they end up with nothing. I think the thoughts of Lance would be much different today if they just went for the easy 1st down there. Honestly, I'm not sure this guy is ever going to be an NFL QB if he can't start realizing it isn't about throwing a football like a baseball and works on putting some air under the ball sometimes, but damn is he fast. If the only goal was winning the game we could have scrambled him 5 or 6 times and would have had more success which is what we likely would do if he ever plays in a regular season game. I still think his NFL position is wild cat QB on short yardage and inside the 3.

I thought the DBs played fair. I'm not going to give them too much credit for the interceptions that landed right in their hands while they were just sitting there, but you have to give them some credit for them. The coverage was hit and miss. I thought Scott was horrible in coverage, missed the tackle that led to a short crossing route being a huge gain and also had that late hit penalty. Obviously the personal foul on the Rams last drive was a horrible call and probably is why the Rams won, but it didn't really matter much whether we won or lost and I'd rather the refs err on the side of safety in a preseason game so it wasn't a big deal. All in all I thought our guys did some good things and some showed themselves to be NFL players.
A lot of good points. I agree that they made a terrible 4th down call. Let Lance run read option or just run a sneak like the one he had 4 yards on.
Jerry needs to get off his lazy ass and bring in some help at DT. I'm tired up about our 1st defense, when everyone is there we should be really good. Nice depth at LB and DB as well. We could be really good with a little more interior DL.
I also thought a lot of young WR's flashed. Good to see.
Very concerned about RB past Dowdle

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beebe was average at center but did great in limited snaps at guard. Cowboys might look at removing Zach's salary next season

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I give my normal middle finger to the refs after that terrible call . These aholes screw us over even in pre season

The injury to edoga hopefully keeps him out. He is a turnstile . I want the rookie playing. I want to see what he has. What I noticed about the rookie he is massive

Bell has a nice showing at safety. I think he is a lock.. Kneeland looked good in run defense. These fools need to trade for another RB.

Trey Lance proved nothing either way. The best thing Lance did was not turn the ball over.

Overshown made a few nice plays.

Ball and Walemtko look like injury prone busts. Maybe Waletzko makes the practice squad.

The defensive tackles got moved way too easy..

I think it is safe to say the sack numbers will be down.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mcmath was terrible. He dropped two easy passes in a row. The last one was an easy first down in the red zone. You can't do that an expect to make a team. Lance was throwing to his first read, not surveying the field. I will give him a pass. He needs more reps. Rush is who we thought he was nice pass then an awful one stopping a drive. The ND linebacker's MO in college was getting taken out of a play too often. But it is just his first NFL game and he looked quicker than I thought he was. Overall, Not a bad, but I wish the refs would atleast wait till the first regular season game to make a horrible game changing call. One last one, I suffered watching the Rams feed and that Coach cam is going to have me watching less games if it continues. Annoying as hell, and went on forever. The camera stayed on the coaches instead of play on the field. Hope just an experiment.