• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 Western Conference Finals: 1) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers (Bubble Rematch)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the response.

Been a long time since I've been in downtown Cleveland and was never that familiar with things.

The only place I can think of for @redseat is Little Italy. Assuming it's still around. Guessing that it is.
still around. Not too far from downtown but likely could find something much closer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if people want to give you a hard time for having 2 teams?

So be it.

I called myself an Orioles and Nationals fan for many years.

I am a Washington sports fan. Have been all my life.

But the Nats didn’t exist when I was coming up, so I rooted for the next closest team which was the Orioles. Starting following the Nats too when they moved from Montreal.

That is as organic as it gets.

Now?

I barely follow baseball anymore. If one of my teams gets close I will pay attention. But not so much when they aren’t.

So if someone wants to call me a bandwagon Nats/O’s fan?

I would own that and they would be correct in calling me a bandwagoner even though I have rooted for those teams as long as I could.
I guess in a sense that would make me a bandwagon Tribe fan. Baseball kind of bores me so if I don't care who wins I wont watch.......and when the Tribe has no shot to compete I don't watch that much of their games as I don't really care if they win or lose.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sometimes they will use it to try and rip the team who is playing but might get low ratings. But I guess as you say not sure why a fan of those teams would care.

If it's Denver and Miami in the Finals we have already seen fans talk about the ratings but I know if I was a fan of one of those teams I'd watch every second.....and wouldn't care who else was watching.

I don't even think the NBA cares as much as fans think......the networks care, of course.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sometimes they will use it to try and rip the team who is playing but might get low ratings. But I guess as you say not sure why a fan of those teams would care.

If it's Denver and Miami in the Finals we have already seen fans talk about the ratings but I know if I was a fan of one of those teams I'd watch every second.....and wouldn't care who else was watching.

I don't even think the NBA cares as much as fans think......the networks care, of course.
Yep networks care but espn still won't make adjustment om what they talk about on their nba shows from October-April so good for them

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I was born in Phoenix and I am literally the only person in my family, both immediate and extended, that isn't a Suns fan or ASU fan. When I decided the teams I was a fan of (at 8) we had been living in California for 3 years. I saw the Lakers and USC and despite the best efforts of my family...those were my teams and I've never looked back.

Love at first sight of sorts. lol
Not sure when you were born, but I can say when I lived there in the mid-late 80s I didn't know many people who were born in Phoenix. Even the kids at my HS. Might not have been any parents at the time born there who I knew.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I was born in Phoenix and I am literally the only person in my family, both immediate and extended, that isn't a Suns fan or ASU fan. When I decided the teams I was a fan of (at 8) we had been living in California for 3 years. I saw the Lakers and USC and despite the best efforts of my family...those were my teams and I've never looked back.

Love at first sight of sorts. lol
Waiting for you and BlackAdam to tell us a story about the days of black and white TV.....

LOL.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for you and BlackAdam to tell us a story about the days of black and white TV.....

LOL.
Animation Wtf GIF by Pierrad
eff you steve austin GIF by WWE

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Murray gotta wait to say he’s going to win the final until they’re a win away from winning the final lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL.

Funny story about that.

For years my sister wanted her own tv in her bedroom. Finally, for Christmas one year, my parents got her one. At that time, the smaller tv's that you would have in a kids bedroom were only available in black and white.

Well, I spent that next year seeing how much she enjoyed her tv (and hearing about it) and decided that it would be nice to have one in my room, so that's what I asked for.

It just so happened that was the 1st year they had tv's that size available in color. lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny story about that.

For years my sister wanted her own tv in her bedroom. Finally, for Christmas one year, my parents got her one. At that time, the smaller tv's that you would have in a kids bedroom were only available in black and white.

Well, I spent that next year seeing how much she enjoyed her tv (and hearing about it) and decided that it would be nice to have one in my room, so that's what I asked for.

It just so happened that was the 1st year they had tv's that size available in color. lol
My grandpa once said the only reason he had kids was so they could change the channel.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I get it about the contracts to a point. But you also have to understand that the guys who get that kind of money, still don't get paid anywhere near what they are actually worth to the team and the league.

The guys making that kind of money are the reason there are butts in seats and the team is playing on national tv.

Austin Reaves and Rui Hachimura are great stories for the Lakers...but Lebron and AD are why people show up to the games and why they are on national tv a lot.
well the reasons for max contracts included making it so each team would have a superstar. This go play with my buddy shit is a joke. When you pay two guys a million dollars for one 3 hour game, believe me, its alot of money. You say they are the reason there are butts in the seats, well, without the team, there is no opportunity to make a half a million dollars to play a basketball game. There is no opportunity for the 100 million dollar shoe deal side hustles. Then they cant even play back to back games and want the season reduced so there is always one night off between games? Go to a smaller market and decide they dont feel like playing so its a scheduled rest?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the reasons for max contracts included making it so each team would have a superstar. This go play with my buddy shit is a joke. When you pay two guys a million dollars for one 3 hour game, believe me, its alot of money. You say they are the reason there are butts in the seats, well, without the team, there is no opportunity to make a half a million dollars to play a basketball game. There is no opportunity for the 100 million dollar shoe deal side hustles. Then they cant even play back to back games and want the season reduced so there is always one night off between games? Go to a smaller market and decide they dont feel like playing so its a scheduled rest?

And without top players there is no one in the seats, no tv and no league.

Sports is no different than any other profession. The top producers are the top earners.

And why move the goalposts from complaining about the money they make to playing with their friends and "scheduled rests".

Seems like you're just fishing for something to bitch about.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves to talk to talk but you haven’t won anything yet. Haven’t even been to a Finals. Don’t poke the bear

Last edited: