• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 Western Conference Finals: 1) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers (Bubble Rematch)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you are not switching teams frequently then im cool with it. I'm even ok with players fans
Even the switchers and front runners are allowed to do it...but of course we get to give them shit for it

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just sports. People are allowed to root for whoever they want however they want. And people are allowed to trash talk them if they want too.
Lol kinda like I get certain individuals trying to give me a hard time about following the Chiefs even though I've followed them as long as I've watched football? Nah, can't be like that...:heh:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all just words so you can use them how you like but I came to my Giants and White Sox fandom organically and legitimately. I prefer the Giants but I still root for the Sox. No one cares about your judgements.
Looks to me catching up on my missed posts that people do care. Swell job showing me you don’t care by revealing a little baseball guilty conscience before telling me you don’t care. Sports are a community. You don’t bail on your community or split allegiances with communities. In order to do this you’ve likely crafted in your mind a pecking order in which if they met in the WS what you would do and who you would root for. You’ve already decided to root against one of your divided allegiances in that spot. If you’re not rooting for your team in a championship spot how is that your team?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player fans? Yuck. Name on the front is always more important than the name on the back. Violation

Lol im with you but I know quiet a few Lebron fans where they just root for whatever team he is on so guess you can say I got used to those type of fans

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me catching up on my missed posts that people do care. Swell job showing me you don’t care by revealing a little baseball guilty conscience before telling me you don’t care. Sports are a community. You don’t bail on your community or split allegiances with communities. In order to do this you’ve likely crafted in your mind a pecking order in which if they met in the WS what you would do and who you would root for. You’ve already decided to root against one of your divided allegiances in that spot. If you’re not rooting for your team in a championship spot how is that your team?
Bail on your community LOL. I moved out of Chicago when I was 9. I moved to SF 35 years ago. Talk shit all you want, means less than nothing to me.

And honestly I don't think it's possible to see the Sox and Giants face each other in the WS. If they do I'll deal with it. It's just sports, funbags. People don't all have to look at it the way you do.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player fans? Yuck. Name on the front is always more important than the name on the back. Violation
A rooting for laundry guy, fairly normal.

I root for my teams but some players I also like to see do well, unless it hurts my team. The Warriors are out. I'm a big LeBron fan, so in deciding who to root for among the remaining 4 teams I'm rooting Lakers. Heat a close second because Butler + underdog. It's just sports.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Die hard Dallas Cowboys fan before Jerry Jones. Nothing or no one could have made me continue rooting for them after he took over. And that includes the Switzer years. Everyone root for who you want.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he ain't an NBA fan anymore, why's he even here...?
We had bulls season tickets from 2005-2018. Have always been a Jimmy Butler fan from back when he was here as Jimmy G Buckets and the G stands for gets. He plays the game the right way, like his dad did. Right now its whoever plays the lakers, but its really whoever plays whatever team lebron was on.

This league has lost it with the mega deals and is getting as bad as a 50 million dollar a year quarterback before he proves anything in the NFL.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had bulls season tickets from 2005-2018. Have always been a Jimmy Butler fan from back when he was here as Jimmy G Buckets and the G stands for gets. He plays the game the right way, like his dad did. Right now its whoever plays the lakers, but its really whoever plays whatever team lebron was on.

This league has lost it with the mega deals and is getting as bad as a 50 million dollar a year quarterback before he proves anything in the NFL.
So you're just here to complain then. Got it...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bail on your community LOL. I moved out of Chicago when I was 9. I moved to SF 35 years ago. Talk shit all you want, means less than nothing to me.

And honestly I don't think it's possible to see the Sox and Giants face each other in the WS. If they do I'll deal with it. It's just sports, funbags. People don't all have to look at it the way you do.

Yep. I was born in Phoenix and I am literally the only person in my family, both immediate and extended, that isn't a Suns fan or ASU fan. When I decided the teams I was a fan of (at 8) we had been living in California for 3 years. I saw the Lakers and USC and despite the best efforts of my family...those were my teams and I've never looked back.

Love at first sight of sorts. lol

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, I get it about the contracts to a point. But you also have to understand that the guys who get that kind of money, still don't get paid anywhere near what they are actually worth to the team and the league.

The guys making that kind of money are the reason there are butts in seats and the team is playing on national tv.

Austin Reaves and Rui Hachimura are great stories for the Lakers...but Lebron and AD are why people show up to the games and why they are on national tv a lot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be clear, there are two different “player fans”. Root for a player that you like and that root for the team like you have been following them forever. Perfectly fine but then acting like this is your team. This is some youngster shit.
The other player fan still has their team but if their team is out they will root for that player to succeed.

That’s what I do with Lebron. I was watching him ball in H.S. Got his autograph at Applebee’s while he was still a junior. The team he is on has no factor and if they win it means nothing to me.

Lebron vs Cavs? I am cussing him out

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be clear, there are two different “player fans”. Root for a player that you like and that root for the team like you have been following them forever. Perfectly fine but then acting like this is your team. This is some youngster shit.
The other player fan still has their team but if their team is out they will root for that player to succeed.

That’s what I do with Lebron. I was watching him ball in H.S. Got his autograph at Applebee’s while he was still a junior. The team he is on has no factor and if they win it means nothing to me.

Lebron vs Cavs? I am cussing him out
Like I was a couple of nights ago when he was clanking all them treys ..?

Pretty sure the neighbors thought I lost my mind...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I was a couple of nights ago when he was clanking all them treys ..?

Pretty sure the neighbors thought I lost my mind...

I don't even mind him shooting them all that much, but he's got to be smarter about when he does and how often. When it comes to shooting 3's, Lakers tv analyst Stu Lantz always says "Let success be your guide. If the 3 is falling, keep shooting. If it's not...stop shooting it".

Too often, Lebron keeps shooting it and it leads him to shooting it late in close games.

I get that some of it is him trying to rest for a possession or 2 (dude is 38 after all)...but he should do that more like Joker does when he stays at the top of the key, directs the offense and passes to cutters.