• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 survivor pool strategy

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland teams are looking like the best options to me for Week 1.

Both favored at home, neither playing a divisional rival, both facing below average QBs

I'm leaning Washington, in hopes Baltimore presents a few slam dunks later in the season

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland teams are looking like the best options to me for Week 1.

Both favored at home, neither playing a divisional rival, both facing below average QBs

I'm leaning Washington, in hopes Baltimore presents a few slam dunks later in the season

Yeah. Following around Arizona, Carolina and Houston is probably good strategy

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Following around Arizona, Carolina and Houston is probably good strategy

Don't follow Carolina!!! they going to win at least 7 games this season... the other 2... sure, they might not win 7 games combined...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins have the weakest opponent in the league.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't follow Carolina!!! they going to win at least 7 games this season... the other 2... sure, they might not win 7 games combined...
I smell an avi bet...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I need a dumb bet with someone. What do you want to make it??? Make it anything I will agree.
I wasn't referring to me. I just figured someone would call you crazy and it would escalate into that. I would put a couple bucks of v cash on it, although my stash has dwindled.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't referring to me. I just figured someone would call you crazy and it would escalate into that. I would put a couple bucks of v cash on it, although my stash has dwindled.

I’ll let you make the craziest bet you can make

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whew, Cards made it interesting!

week 2 favorites, not a ton I like to choose from:
- Dallas get the undefeated Jets in the Big D, Zach Wilson crashes back down to Earth, figuratively and literally. Could go easy route and take the Boys
- Bills hosting Raiders, i think they are going to come out fired up and Raiders will still have Jimmy G as their QB
- Philly gets Vikes on TNF

those are the top ones that fit my preferred criteria of 1) non-divisional 2) home team 3) vegas favorites. some others I like but most likely won't have the stones to choose after seeing a lot of surprise performances in week 1 forcing my hand to play it safe:
- SF hosting Rams, should be a slam dunk 49ers W, but man, I thought Seattle would stick it to the Rams last week
- Saints at Carolina, think it is still safe to target the rookie QBs as long as they aren't playing each other (HOU v IND this week)
- KC at Jags, no way SB champs start out 0-2.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whew, Cards made it interesting!

week 2 favorites, not a ton I like to choose from:
- Dallas get the undefeated Jets in the Big D, Zach Wilson crashes back down to Earth, figuratively and literally. Could go easy route and take the Boys
- Bills hosting Raiders, i think they are going to come out fired up and Raiders will still have Jimmy G as their QB
- Philly gets Vikes on TNF

those are the top ones that fit my preferred criteria of 1) non-divisional 2) home team 3) vegas favorites. some others I like but most likely won't have the stones to choose after seeing a lot of surprise performances in week 1 forcing my hand to play it safe:
- SF hosting Rams, should be a slam dunk 49ers W, but man, I thought Seattle would stick it to the Rams last week
- Saints at Carolina, think it is still safe to target the rookie QBs as long as they aren't playing each other (HOU v IND this week)
- KC at Jags, no way SB champs start out 0-2.....
Agree with Saints and 49ers. idk Jags didn't exactly play well last game and they have a talented team. I don't see KC as a safe pick this week

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Saints and 49ers. idk Jags didn't exactly play well last game and they have a talented team. I don't see KC as a safe pick this week

think I want to save Saints for when they play the Panthers at home, big advantage against a rookie QB

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking ahead to Week 3 I like:

KC vs CHI
DAL vs ARI

possibly JAX vs HOU

At this point, I am not worried about selecting the best teams early. Just trying to take the easiest path. I am only considering these two options and maybe JAX.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking ahead to Week 3 I like:

KC vs CHI
DAL vs ARI

possibly JAX vs HOU

At this point, I am not worried about selecting the best teams early. Just trying to take the easiest path. I am only considering these two options and maybe JAX.

yup, I took Dallas vs Jets for week 2, keep it simple!
5/6 of my favorite picks this week won, Saints over Panthers tonight to go 6/6

in addition to KC vs Bears, I really like the following:
- 49ers at home vs Giants on TNF - early indications are that Barkley ankle injury will keep him out of the game on the short week. Stafford was rolling and dicing up the SF D for a good part of that game yesterday and they still felt in control the entire time. Dan Jones does not play mistake free football and I think it is a requirement to beat SF right now
- Miami at home vs Broncos - Much like the Cards, Russ has DEN finding ways to lose instead finding ways to win, Miami D looks good last night in Boston.
- Seattle at home vs Panthers - still think targeting the rookie QBs is a solid strategy, especially when they have to play on the road. let's see if Mr #1 Overall can throw for over 200yds in a game before we get worried about CAR winning on the road

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup, I took Dallas vs Jets for week 2, keep it simple!
5/6 of my favorite picks this week won, Saints over Panthers tonight to go 6/6

in addition to KC vs Bears, I really like the following:
- 49ers at home vs Giants on TNF - early indications are that Barkley ankle injury will keep him out of the game on the short week. Stafford was rolling and dicing up the SF D for a good part of that game yesterday and they still felt in control the entire time. Dan Jones does not play mistake free football and I think it is a requirement to beat SF right now
- Miami at home vs Broncos - Much like the Cards, Russ has DEN finding ways to lose instead finding ways to win, Miami D looks good last night in Boston.
- Seattle at home vs Panthers - still think targeting the rookie QBs is a solid strategy, especially when they have to play on the road. let's see if Mr #1 Overall can throw for over 200yds in a game before we get worried about CAR winning on the road
Yeah those are some nice options too. I took San Fran this week.

We will see more from Carolina tonight vs a tough NO defense but Carolina looked bad in week one.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle at home vs Panthers - still think targeting the rookie QBs is a solid strategy,
Heard Dalton will be the starter.

Been taking some risks by staying away from the heavy hitters. (Took the Commanders, then Saints.)
Actually picked the Patriots for week 3 over the Jets. (You know Hoody likes to wreak havoc on young opposing QB.)
:billb:
Gutsy. Maybe more nutsy?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck my life fml GIF