• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 10 easiest nonconference schedules of 2012

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice facts. However, just because you're a better bad teams doesn't change the fact that you are in fact a bad team. Which was my original point.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice facts. However, just because you're a better bad teams doesn't change the fact that you are in fact a bad team. Which was my original point.

Agreed. Oregon and TT have joke schedules. You also have to consider some games are tough for some teams and not for others. Syracuse would be a tough game for Kentucky but not a tough game for a top 25 team for example.

I would say 80-90% of the teams play at least 2-3 wimpy teams OOC on their schedule.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas State is one of the best non automatic qualifying teams the past season and will be one of the best this year. The Sun Belt was one of the better non aq conferemces last year. Maybe pay attention before throwing out stupid statements when you are oblivious.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas State is actually a very solid team, they're also much better than anyone on Texas Tech's, Indiana's, Mississippi State's or Colorado's schedules.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas State is one of the best non automatic qualifying teams the past season and will be one of the best this year. The Sun Belt was one of the better non aq conferemces last year. Maybe pay attention before throwing out stupid statements when you are oblivious.

Yeah I know all about Arky St, thanks though. Wake me when they beat someone worth talking about...they got beat handly by Illinois last year, not the mark of a solid team.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, refer to my statement about polishing shit. The other conferences in contention for that prize are the Mac, WAC, cusa, and the mwc. Stiff competition right? So please, stop with the stupid statements.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no aq teams other than Boise State and TCU have consistently beaten big schools. So if that is your arguement, it is a pretty stupid one. Last year a solid San Diego State team lost to ULL (Sun Belt). For you to expect teams other than the ones that have been picked up by bigger comferences to consistently beat the bigger schools than you are in dream land. It isn't polishing a turd, it is point blank the best of the rest. They may pull off an upsett every 5 years or so, but even then things will have to go near perfect. As far as playing a smaller school, better Arky State than a FCS school.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why are you hating on mid-majors? They are Notre Dames brotherin. Shouldn't you of all people have respect for them?

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no aq teams other than Boise State and TCU have consistently beaten big schools. So if that is your arguement, it is a pretty stupid one. Last year a solid San Diego State team lost to ULL (Sun Belt). For you to expect teams other than the ones that have been picked up by bigger comferences to consistently beat the bigger schools than you are in dream land. It isn't polishing a turd, it is point blank the best of the rest. They may pull off an upsett every 5 years or so, but even then things will have to go near perfect. As far as playing a smaller school, better Arky State than a FCS school.

Are you actually sure about what we're arguing? Your paragraph goes all over the place. My argument is all the non aqs not already joining an aq conference this year are second rate football teams that are easy pickings for big time programs. Upsets happen, but when bigger schools choose any mid major they are expected to and a huge percentage of the time do whip up on them. Whether you play arky st or new Mexico, neither of those teams are playing with a full deck of cards. So, theyre all bad but you can try to present a positive twist all you want.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why are you hating on mid-majors? They are Notre Dames brotherin. Shouldn't you of all people have respect for them?

Troll attempt failed, better luck next time.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you actually sure about what we're arguing? Your paragraph goes all over the place. My argument is all the non aqs not already joining an aq conference this year are second rate football teams that are easy pickings for big time programs. Upsets happen, but when bigger schools choose any mid major they are expected to and a huge percentage of the time do whip up on them. Whether you play arky st or new Mexico, neither of those teams are playing with a full deck of cards. So, theyre all bad but you can try to present a positive twist all you want.

believe it or not there is a major difference between the two

Arkansas State is a team with talent, while they don't completely have enough to beat a top team that's focused, if you're not focused they will beat you. Meanwhile New Mexico on the other hand you could sleepwalk and still beat them 42-0.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Boise. It is two completely different things. Playing Arky State, there is an off chance you can get upsett. When you play New Mexico, you can spot them 21 points and still win by 30+ points.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arkansas State is a team with talent, while they don't completely have enough to beat a top team that's focused, if you're not focused they will beat you. Meanwhile New Mexico on the other hand you could sleepwalk and still beat them 42-0.

i hope this doesn't bite me in the ass but i would like to save this comment for when Nebraska beats them this year and everyone says that they are shitty competition.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope this doesn't bite me in the ass but i would like to save this comment for when Nebraska beats them this year and everyone says that they are shitty competition.

If Nebraska plays Arky State there is no shame in playing them. You can't play top 10 opponents every week. If you play a respectable non-aq it isn't a big deal. Shouldn't be a benchmark win, but it is better than an FCS opponent.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well until the Lane Kiffen era, Tennessee was one of those teams that had never played an FCS team before the split. I think UT-Martin was our first FCS team. However, due to scheduling difficulties today, it is almost impossible for a team to not have one.

Notice most of the easier OOC schedules were teams that moved conferences because they had to drop some of their tough OOC teams due to the move.

Oregon gets more flak because they are the only top 10 team on that list to have such a poor OOC schedule I suppose. They do have my Vols next year (although I am not sure if we can qualify as a quality OOC opponent after our play the last few years).

Arkansas State is a decent OOC opponent but Oregon should roll over them, especially since Arkansas State has to travel halfway around the country. I just didn't get how the OP had Oregon or some of the other squads behind Georgia and Tennessee when both have at least one quality OOC game on their schedule.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also note that South Alabama, Texas State, UT San Antonio, and UMass are no longer FCS teams although they are FCS quality competition unfortunately. So if you see a team with an FCS team and then one of those 4, they are getting away with it.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there? I don't see it, Arky St has beaten one team from an AQ conference since '05, and that victory was not in the past couple seasons. They did almost beat IU two years ago, so I guess they're dangerous :lol:. Certainly shouldn't be the highlight of anyone's OOC schedule.

New Mexico has beat more AQ teams since '05, fyi. Double the amount. :heh: So, there's not much of a difference between a solid midmajor and a crappy one in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't mention

(N)Northern Illinois
(H)Iowa State
(H)UNI
(H)Central Michigan

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm in the minority, but I honestly feel it's to the team's advantage to have an easy non con schedule. Without exhibition games you need a cupcake to start the season. Then a couple of games against some better opponents, ones you should beat and finally 1 decent team, that you will be a small favorite against. Gives you the best chance to move up in the ratings, gives the team the confidence it needs in conference games, and keeps the alums happy.