• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus for most of his career large groups have claimed he is just a product of the Warriors system. I am sure he would love to prove a point on that front as well
It'll be interesting some of the reactions here if he does leave. I love the guy and to me that means no more titles on this run. But many here have said he sucks, so I guess they will say the Ws won't miss him? The real interesting ones will be the actual Warrior fans who don't like him like @Robotech . Will he be pleased?

@tlance if Dray does leave, unless the Ws sign or trade for a replacement that probably puts Kuminga in the starting lineup.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he would have opted out anyway even if he re-signs with the Ws, to go from a 1 year $27 mil deal to something like 3/65-70

I still think staying until Steph's contract is done in 3 years is most likely but Sacto is a real possibility. It's just amusing seeing all the 'Draymond sucks and only the Warriors want him' talk get flushed.
I think its likely Poole was dealt to open up contract space for Draymond. Even if in the short term its not tangible, it is for next year. I think you have to keep the team together.

I think that Draymond becomes more volatile outside of GS.

I would love him on the Cavs since they NEED someone that has some toughness and attitude even if his skills are not what they once were.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its likely Poole was dealt to open up contract space for Draymond. Even if in the short term its not tangible, it is for next year. I think you have to keep the team together.
Agreed and also, if they kept Poole around Draymond probably leaves for sure not even for $ reasons...those 2 couldn't be expected to play together anymore.
I think that Draymond becomes more volatile outside of GS.
Depends on the coaching situation, and if they are winning, and the media market...he's not a kid anymore, he's not really all that 'volatile' now
I would love him on the Cavs since they NEED someone that has some toughness and attitude even if his skills are not what they once were.
He'd be a great fit there but to me it's Sacto or the Warriors. Big factors being the coach and not having to move his family. His skills that matter (defense, toughness, distributing) are as good as ever. He doesn't score as much as he used to for sure.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowe post chimed in on this topic today.

Here is how I see the situation….

Kawhi and PG are extension eligible.

Clippers don’t want to give either a full 4 year max, they want a 2 + 1 or some salary protections.

If either/both agree, super.

If not, deuces.

But, the Knicks rumor was cap.

They called the Clippers and the Clippers said no.

Ballmer just built that Arena.

Can’t open it up with a shit roster.

They have zero control of their picks.

So, I don’t see a full scale tear down.

That’s why they turned down Portland.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he’s lying.

But, probably not.

At least another year of this shit is likely.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clippers don’t want to give either a full 4 year max, they want a 2 + 1 or some salary protections.

If not, deuces.

if Portland offer them #3 and they turned it down that is a pretty clear indication he is not being dealt unless there is some crazy offer someone makes.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Portland offer them #3 and they turned it down that is a pretty clear indication he is not being dealt unless there is some crazy offer someone makes.
I would have replaced PG13 with Scoot in a heartbeat

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

I mean, you have like 21 guys, including Micic, and only 15 spots.

If I was a betting woman, I’d say Saric, Tre Mann, Wiggins, Waters are gone.

Dort could get traded if they decided to start J Dub with Giddey and SGA.

But, what’s the rush?

I would keep Dort, unless I got a great offer.

You can never have too many lockdown, perimeter defenders.

But, what will you do with Poku?

Gonna keep him, Dieng and Chet?

I really want them to get a legit starting 5 like Capela.

Okongwu works too.
Out of the ones you mentioned to be gone I hope Wiggins sticks. He has the across the board skills to play in this league. I used to be high on Robinson Earle but I don’t think he can hang with this team. Poku is interesting, he showed flashes lasy year before he got hurt. Presti reached a bit for him so it will be interesting to see how far he takes it with him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blazers' attempt to send the No. 3 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft to the Clippers in a trade for George didn't get anywhere, according to Yahoo Sports' Jake Fischer. The Knicks had contact with the Clippers about a possible George trade, according to SNY's Ian Begley. New York is likely out of luck with George and Kawhi Leonard expected to return for a fifth season as Clippers' teammates.

For all the mounting noise about Paul George’s trade candidacy in Los Angeles, don’t expect the Clippers to part with the eight-time All-Star. Portland has indeed registered interest in creating a package around the No. 3 pick for George, sources said, but those talks did not gain any traction with Los Angeles. There has certainly been talk of New York’s interest in acquiring George should the Clippers truly make him available, but Los Angeles has the intention to continue bolstering its roster around George and Kawhi Leonard — as evidenced by the team’s attempt to bring Brogdon into the fold.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he’s lying.

But, probably not.

At least another year of this shit is likely.

I don't get it.

In their 4 years with the Clips...

Kawhi has played in 159 of a possible 328 games (less than half) and 26 playoff games.

PG hasn't been much better playing 189 of a possible 328 games and 32 playoff games.

Do they think these 2 are suddenly going to put together a healthy regular season and playoffs?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it.

Kawhi has played in 159 of a possible 328 games (less than half) and 26 playoff games.

PG hasn't been much better playing 189 of a possible 328 games and 32 playoff games.

Do they think these 2 are suddenly going to put together a healthy regular season and playoffs?
No, they couldn’t possibly believe that.

But, they are kinda fucked because OKC owns their picks.

What does Ballmer gain by blowing it up?

Giving OKC even better players?

Sure, they would have had Scoot.

But, He isn’t putting asses in the seats of that billion dollar development that Ballmer mostly paid for out of his own pockets.

I think both those guys would get traded in a second if they could bring back near comparable talent.

But, whose giving up good players for these broken toys that are up for extensions?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they couldn’t possibly believe that.

But, they are kinda fucked because OKC owns their picks.

What does Ballmer gain by blowing it up?

Giving OKC even better players?

Sure, they would have had Scoot.

But, He isn’t putting asses in the seats of that billion dollar development that Ballmer mostly paid for out of his own pockets.

I think both those guys would get traded in a second if they could bring back near comparable talent.

But, whose giving up good players for these broken toys that are up for extensions?

Yeah, I forgot about OKC having their picks.

Getting Scoot would have been a good return for PG, but they would have to build around Scoot, and Kawhi, despite how great he is when he can play, isn't likely to get the kind of return they need for that.

That's a tough spot to be in.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If not, deuces.

Does Ballmer not realize that Scoot Henderson will sell tickets? Blow it up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it.

its not likely- but if it does happen its def a top 5 combo 1-2 combo in the league- maybe #1. When they have no picks and no incentive to rebuild and a ton of money its easy to see why they would try again.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Blazers have flat out said they are keeping Scoot.

Now what?

Dame out,

While Dame can play off the ball, he is best suited to having the ball in his hands.