• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Simons and Sharpe. Who is playing the 3 out of all these guys? How many of these guys can thrive off ball? Someone has to go
Yeah, the GM is being very direct about his desire to keep Dame and Scoot.

The other 2 are trade bait.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah definitely would be an interesting option for SAC that makes sense for a lot of reasons. They need defense a 4 next to Sabonis. It seems like a good fit and close to home
Kind of contradicts our take that he's only worth 3/65 or whatever and only to one team. Sacramento is probably offering 4/100 or more, needs to be a big overpay to get him to bail.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of contradicts our take that he's only worth 3/65 or whatever and only to one team. Sacramento is probably offering 4/100 or more, needs to be a big overpay to get him to bail.
I think what he is worth is someones’ own opinion but I do think $25M is an overpay but looking at SAC closer I think they would be a great fit ON PAPER and worth the overpay. So make it two teams lol and most importantly they can overpay

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Both Dame and the Blazers are sending mixed messages.

The Blazers cut off all trade inquiries about Dame, which would seem to indicate they are committing to Dame.

But they keep their #3 pick after Dame has said he doesn't want to play with guys who are 2-3 years away.

For Dame, he needs to decide which is more important...winning a ring or being Reggie Miller. Then, live with that decision. Right now, it seems like every time he speaks, he's contradicting what he said the last time he spoke. Also, is he recruiting anyone? Portland isn't exactly a "destination city", so he should probably be on the phone trying to convince guys that Portland is a good place to play.

Obviously, it's early in the off-season and trades, FA signings, etc. are still to come, so things can change pretty quickly...but it seems like both sides are afraid to just make a decision and start acting on it.
Absolutely.

…..and as of now, Portland has made it clear they aren’t looking to deal Scoot.

He’s in their future plans.

Not sure what Simons and Sharpe can fetch.

Maybe a guy like John Collins?

* 3rd team would need to take Dejountee, Bogdonavic or Simons *

Is that enough for Dame?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he is worth is someones’ own opinion but I do think $25M is an overpay but looking at SAC closer I think they would be a great fit ON PAPER and worth the overpay. So make it two teams lol and most importantly they can overpay
I imagine he's worth that to more teams but only SAC would have a real shot for the reasons we mentioned

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Noel, Klutch hasn’t lost their clients any big money that I can recall.

He would not have opted out if he didn’t know their was a deal to be had.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Noel, Klutch hasn’t lost their clients any big money that I can recall.

He would not have opted out if he didn’t know their was a deal to be had.
Well, he would have opted out anyway even if he re-signs with the Ws, to go from a 1 year $27 mil deal to something like 3/65-70

I still think staying until Steph's contract is done in 3 years is most likely but Sacto is a real possibility. It's just amusing seeing all the 'Draymond sucks and only the Warriors want him' talk get flushed.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
……and they can overpay him.

Kings have a chance to add a real impact player….or 2.

I have my eye on Kuzma.

Should have happened years ago for Buddy and he is on Fox and Sabonis’ age timeline.

But, Dray and others are certainly in the mix.

By offloading Holmes and the 24th overall selection, the Kings now project to have a minimum of $33.5 million in cap space. They could get up to $35.6 million if they waive the non-guaranteed salary of PJ Dozier and decline the team option of Kessler Edwards. Not only do they not need to worry about trading an important player for salary matching purposes, but they could acquire a much more expensive player earning north of $20 million.

The Kings could pursue one of the top free-agent forwards this summer, such as Khris Middleton, Jerami Grant, or Kyle Kuzma. If there is a player they prefer to target in a trade, they can move up to two first-round picks this summer as incentives. For example, OG Anunoby is a player they’ve been linked to this summer (who the Kings could’ve matched in a trade for Holmes alone starting in July). The Kings probably have a better chance at acquiring such a player now since the opposing team wouldn’t have to take back any money.

Acquiring a player like Anunoby, who is on a team-friendly contract, might be the ideal move for the Kings now. That would leave a significant amount of cap space to pursue another player and potentially use toward renegotiating and extending Sabonis. They’d also have the $7.7 million room mid-level exception to pursue another rotation player.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
……and they can overpay him.

Kings have a chance to add a real impact player….or 2.

I have my eye on Kuzma.

Should have happened years ago for Buddy and he is on Fox and Sabonis’ age timeline.

But, Dray and others are certainly in the mix.

By offloading Holmes and the 24th overall selection, the Kings now project to have a minimum of $33.5 million in cap space. They could get up to $35.6 million if they waive the non-guaranteed salary of PJ Dozier and decline the team option of Kessler Edwards. Not only do they not need to worry about trading an important player for salary matching purposes, but they could acquire a much more expensive player earning north of $20 million.

The Kings could pursue one of the top free-agent forwards this summer, such as Khris Middleton, Jerami Grant, or Kyle Kuzma. If there is a player they prefer to target in a trade, they can move up to two first-round picks this summer as incentives. For example, OG Anunoby is a player they’ve been linked to this summer (who the Kings could’ve matched in a trade for Holmes alone starting in July). The Kings probably have a better chance at acquiring such a player now since the opposing team wouldn’t have to take back any money.

Acquiring a player like Anunoby, who is on a team-friendly contract, might be the ideal move for the Kings now. That would leave a significant amount of cap space to pursue another player and potentially use toward renegotiating and extending Sabonis. They’d also have the $7.7 million room mid-level exception to pursue another rotation player.
Kings are a good young team on the rise with a good coach, Draymond is certainly thinking about it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are a good young team on the rise with a good coach, Draymond is certainly thinking about it.
It’s good leverage, if nothing else.

But, they most certainly have a realistic chance to get him if the Dubs start pinching pennies.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s good leverage, if nothing else.

But, they most certainly have a realistic chance to get him if the Dubs start pinching pennies.
Yup. Dubs probably thought they could get it done for 3/65 but I bet that number is rising now.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @Mecca thoughts on the guy the Thunder moved up for? Don’t know much about him but sounds like next to Wemby he is thought of as the best perimeter defender in the draft. Presti is stacking up guys like that. The Bertans contract honestly doesn’t bother me since it’s only 2 years left and we have cap space.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @Mecca thoughts on the guy the Thunder moved up for? Don’t know much about him but sounds like next to Wemby he is thought of as the best perimeter defender in the draft. Presti is stacking up guys like that. The Bertans contract honestly doesn’t bother me since it’s only 2 years left and we have cap space.
As standalone picks, like them a lot.

But, what is the plan here?

Way to many guards vying for roster spots, especially if Micic is really coming over this summer.

Trade gotta be incoming, no?

Guys like Waters, who cares if they get cut.

But, are you taking all Joe’s minutes to give to Black and Vasilije ?

Because, there is no putting the toothpaste back in the tube with Santa Clara J Wiill.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As standalone picks, like them a lot.

But, what is the plan here?

Way to many guards vying for roster spots, especially if Micic is really coming over this summer.

Trade gotta be incoming, no?

Guys like Waters, who cares if they get cut.

But, are you taking all Joe’s minutes to give to Black and Vasilije ?

Because, there is no putting the toothpaste back in the tube with Santa Clara J Wiill.
I think this means we are not going to see the build accelerate preseason. Presti is happy to let it play out and let these guys show what they can do while Chet develops. Trades have to be coming though.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this means we are not going to see the build accelerate preseason. Presti is happy to let it play out and let these guys show what they can do while Chet develops. Trades have to be coming though.
Yeah.

I mean, you have like 21 guys, including Micic, and only 15 spots.

If I was a betting woman, I’d say Saric, Tre Mann, Wiggins, Waters are gone.

Dort could get traded if they decided to start J Dub with Giddey and SGA.

But, what’s the rush?

I would keep Dort, unless I got a great offer.

You can never have too many lockdown, perimeter defenders.

But, what will you do with Poku?

Gonna keep him, Dieng and Chet?

I really want them to get a legit starting 5 like Capela.

Okongwu works too.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus for most of his career large groups have claimed he is just a product of the Warriors system. I am sure he would love to prove a point on that front as well