• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how that makes sense?!?!? That only brings back 5.7 million in trade value. Wait 10 days and you can get $27 million of value back in a trade. Why are you trading Herro for only 5.7 mil of value?!?!? Weird. What am I not seeing?
Reports from people that don’t know how salaries, trades, etc. work. They have more options if they wait

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that’s how I’m reading it too.

My point is he keeps moving the goalposts.

Not sure what move he thinks they can make to get them to contender status.

One day he says he wants to play for chips, the next chips don’t define his legacy.

Shit or get off the pot.

Just ask for a trade or suffer in silence.

He keeps moving the goalpost and this hasn’t just been recently. He does seem like he wants to stay in Portland but his comments at times can be very confusing. I don’t blame him, I would be confused with this FO as well

Exactly. Both Dame and the Blazers are sending mixed messages.

The Blazers cut off all trade inquiries about Dame, which would seem to indicate they are committing to Dame.

But they keep their #3 pick after Dame has said he doesn't want to play with guys who are 2-3 years away.

For Dame, he needs to decide which is more important...winning a ring or being Reggie Miller. Then, live with that decision. Right now, it seems like every time he speaks, he's contradicting what he said the last time he spoke. Also, is he recruiting anyone? Portland isn't exactly a "destination city", so he should probably be on the phone trying to convince guys that Portland is a good place to play.

Obviously, it's early in the off-season and trades, FA signings, etc. are still to come, so things can change pretty quickly...but it seems like both sides are afraid to just make a decision and start acting on it.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He keeps moving the goalpost and this hasn’t just been recently. He does seem like he wants to stay in Portland but his comments at times can be very confusing. I don’t blame him, I would be confused with this FO as well

I'm not confused at all. He wants the front office to put the franchise in position to compete for championships with veteran players. He's not worried about any perceived impact to his legacy, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to be in the thick of it.

He's loyal and wants the team to have a chance while he's still near the top of his game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Both Dame and the Blazers are sending mixed messages.

The Blazers cut off all trade inquiries about Dame, which would seem to indicate they are committing to Dame.

But they keep their #3 pick after Dame has said he doesn't want to play with guys who are 2-3 years away.

For Dame, he needs to decide which is more important...winning a ring or being Reggie Miller. Then, live with that decision. Right now, it seems like every time he speaks, he's contradicting what he said the last time he spoke. Also, is he recruiting anyone? Portland isn't exactly a "destination city", so he should probably be on the phone trying to convince guys that Portland is a good place to play.

Obviously, it's early in the off-season and trades, FA signings, etc. are still to come, so things can change pretty quickly...but it seems like both sides are afraid to just make a decision and start acting on it.

Tough to put that big of a trade together in 10 minutes, since any team trading to #3 needs to know if Scoot is available. Now they have plenty of time to put something together before the new league season starts.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how that makes sense?!?!? That only brings back 5.7 million in trade value. Wait 10 days and you can get $27 million of value back in a trade. Why are you trading Herro for only 5.7 mil of value?!?!? Weird. What am I not seeing?

That would only make sense if they are trying to bring their tax burden down.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would only make sense if they are trying to bring their tax burden down.
Which doesn’t make sense. Jimmy Butler doesn’t have many years left at his peak and Pat Riley is almost dead.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which doesn’t make sense. Jimmy Butler doesn’t have many years left at his peak and Pat Riley is almost dead.

All depends on who the player is you're getting in return. If it's an emerging potential star for $6M, why pad the deal with expiring contracts? Of course, the other team needs to have cap space to absorb that contract, so your trade partners would be narrowed down considerably.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not confused at all. He wants the front office to put the franchise in position to compete for championships with veteran players. He's not worried about any perceived impact to his legacy, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to be in the thick of it.

He's loyal and wants the team to have a chance while he's still near the top of his game.
This is the part that is bs bc he will make comments like he doesn’t care and others where he is trying too hard. He’s known for a couple years from the moves Portland has made they aren’t competing. He is very loyal but he is also very naive

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the part that is bs bc he will make comments like he doesn’t care and others where he is trying too hard. He’s known for a couple years from the moves Portland has made they aren’t competing. He is very loyal but he is also very naive

He is trying to use his influence to change that direction without having to threaten to leave (which he doesn't want to do). Could he have pushed harder sooner? Sure.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to put that big of a trade together in 10 minutes, since any team trading to #3 needs to know if Scoot is available. Now they have plenty of time to put something together before the new league season starts.

I agree. As I said in my post, it's early in the off-season and things can change quickly.

But it's also pretty undeniable that both sides have been acting like a couple who wants to break up, but neither one can quite bring themselves to end the relationship.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recently learned Ms Monica McNutt has ass....

Damn.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Blazers have flat out said they are keeping Scoot.

Now what?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very real possibility for sure, as they can overpay him and he'd be a perfect fit (plus playing for Mike Brown) and wouldn't have to uproot his family.
Yeah definitely would be an interesting option for SAC that makes sense for a lot of reasons. They need defense a 4 next to Sabonis. It seems like a good fit and close to home

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Blazers have flat out said they are keeping Scoot.

Now what?

What about Simons and Sharpe. Who is playing the 3 out of all these guys? How many of these guys can thrive off ball? Someone has to go