• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 New England Patriots Roster

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Leaf was great in College.
Rick Mirer was great in College.
JaMarcus Russell was great in College.
Matt Leinart was great in College.
Johnny Manziel was great in College.
Brady Quinn was great in College.
Mitchell Trubisky was great in College.
Heath Shuler was great in College.
Vince Young
Joey Harrington
Tim Couch
David Klingler - once threw 11 touchdowns as well as 730 passing yards (both records) in a college game

etc. etc. etc.....

I couldn’t tell you a single thing about whatever any of those QB’s walked into. Coaching… teammates etc. And I don’t really care about any of them. Mac was fucked as soon as McDaniels left. The Patriots organization as a whole did nothing to better the offense around him. We had a good defense last year. Yet the 1st 3 picks went to defense. I’m glad we got Gonzalez. But Jesus.. do something to help the offense out.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those inside…. Like Fat Pat and Judge? Even Coach B doesn’t know much about offenses. What the fuck do they know? I’d be looking for outside advice too.
I haven't heard anyone on defense seeking outside advice, and yet how is the defense doing?

Holding the opponents to 10 points or less in how many games now?

And the Pats lose to INT's in the redzone.

Jones "Dan, what should I do?"
Orlovsky "Throw to your first read whether he is double or triple covered. No, hold on to the ball and wait for your first read to get open. No..Wait...Just throw it to someone. Or run. No. Throw."

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny Moss only came in because TB 12 took less , TB throws for 50 TD's and BB gets rid of him a season and half later. Nice winning with 5'9 receivers.

Selective memory right there. Let me remind you that Moss was bitching about his contract quite regularly to the media and he was becoming a distraction. I remember thinking at the time that he had to go and then he was gone.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Jesus.. do something to help the offense out.
2021, 4 of 7 draft picks were offense.
2022, 7 0f 10 including the first two. (I don't trust Bills WR drafting but I was surprised he drafted the fastest WR...Tiny hands though)
2023, 7 of the first 10 with 3 OL and 2 WR's. Consensus is that it takes 2-3 years for an OLineman to make the Jump from College to NFL. So, will the Oline be solid moving forward?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021, 4 of 7 draft picks were offense.
2022, 7 0f 10 including the first two. (I don't trust Bills WR drafting but I was surprised he drafted the fastest WR...Tiny hands though)
2023, 7 of the first 10 with 3 OL and 2 WR's. Consensus is that it takes 2-3 years for an OLineman to make the Jump from College to NFL. So, will the Oline be solid moving forward?
And this is why I think we need to win the FA WR battle. Evans, Ridley or Higgins IMO would be be a win. The IMO even though we drafted O Line heavy and they do take time with the depth at QB land a LT then get your QB with next pick.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why I think we need to win the FA WR battle. Evans, Ridley or Higgins IMO would be be a win. The IMO even though we drafted O Line heavy and they do take time with the depth at QB land a LT then get your QB with next pick.

Our offense sucks so terribly bad that I don’t even know how you begin to identify the weakest links and then address it in FA or via the draft. It’s like the whole bloody thing needs to be rebuilt.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense sucks so terribly bad that I don’t even know how you begin to identify the weakest links and then address it in FA or via the draft. It’s like the whole bloody thing needs to be rebuilt.
Well IMO as I stated win the FA WR war, land at least one legit #1.

If we commit to a rebuild it has to be understood it's not a one year process. There is value in trading down a few times, it can land more pick in this and next years draft. The lowest I think we should move down is between 20 and 25 and I feel like we could do this twice. With the first pick move to 9 to 12 plus the other teams selection this and next year, at 9 ro 12 move to 20 to 25, get more picks. Then grab best QB

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anyone on defense seeking outside advice, and yet how is the defense doing?

Well no shit! Maybe because our head coach who doesn’t know anything about offense is a defensive guru. Maybe it’s because our defensive coordinator is in talks for head coaching jobs. We are good on that side of the ball.

So you wouldn’t talk to someone else with knowledge about your job if your company put 2 tards (Fat Pat and Judge) as your supervisors? Damn right you would.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no shit! Maybe because our head coach who doesn’t know anything about offense is a defensive guru. Maybe it’s because our defensive coordinator is in talks for head coaching jobs. We are good on that side of the ball.

So you wouldn’t talk to someone else with knowledge about your job if your company put 2 tards (Fat Pat and Judge) as your supervisors? Damn right you would.
Not if I wanted to find another job!

Do you think him going outside the organization at every turn is gaining him any value on the open market or even a a trade?
Do you think any other organization is going to say "Good for him! Lets bring him in!"
Hell no.

Every other organization out there is saying "He won't listen to arguably the best coach in history, he won't listen to anybody."

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if I wanted to find another job!

Do you think him going outside the organization at every turn is gaining him any value on the open market or even a a trade?
Do you think any other organization is going to say "Good for him! Lets bring him in!"
Hell no.

Every other organization out there is saying "He won't listen to arguably the best coach in history, he won't listen to anybody."

Did the greatest coach in history do Mac any favors bringing in who he did to coach Mac? He deliberately screwed him over because he was a Kraft pick and not his. I can’t blame Jones for trying anything… listening to anyone who’s trying to offer advice and help him. It shows he cares about his job. If he wasn’t trying to do his best he would have just listened to Fat Pat and Judge and learn nothing.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you can’t fucking read… look at his stats.. he’s gotten worse as the years gone on. So, he is not improving as a player. He’s regressing.

Double Derp for your dumb ass.
The highlight of the Chargers game was a 71 yard punt in the rain for Barringer.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the greatest coach in history do Mac any favors bringing in who he did to coach Mac?
B'OB? Most people were seriously excited about this move. Ecstatic even.
He deliberately screwed him over
Bullshit
because he was a Kraft pick and not his.
Got proof?
I can’t blame Jones for trying anything… listening to anyone who’s trying to offer advice and help him. It shows he cares about his job. If he wasn’t trying to do his best he would have just listened to Fat Pat and Judge and learn nothing.
If he's taking advice from outside the organization...
1) It shows HE don't buy into their coaching. This means HE will never succeed within the program. Regardless of if the program is the best or not, if it is being led on the field by someone who does not buy in, it's doomed for failure.
2) HE is getting advice from someone that does not know the program so therefore HE will be getting advice that is counter to what the coaches want to do. Did Kosar buy into the Walsh West Coast offense? No. Deberg and Montana did and look at the results.
3) He's been told not to, and he's getting paid not to.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Walsh? None.
Cool. Now lets try Bill Belichick.

Bill Walsh, by the way drafted 5 QB's.
Montana who needs no explanation after taking over from Steve Deberg.

1981, Rd 12, Joe Adams. Played 0 games.
1982, Rd 9, Bryan Clark, played 1 game.
1985, Rd 6, Scott Barry, 0 games
1987, Rd 10, John Paye, 0 games.