• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 New England Patriots Roster

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they want to see it gone, it's important to take away the one target zone defensive players have. Look we get it players are getting hurt and that sucks but it's tackle football. Do I suspect it will be eliminated yes. Do I think it should be? No!
.... and you're are for bringing back horse collars? What about blind side blocks?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they want to see it gone, it's important to take away the one target zone defensive players have. Look we get it players are getting hurt and that sucks but it's tackle football. Do I suspect it will be eliminated yes. Do I think it should be? No!
"The NFL isn’t the only league that has dealt with the scourge of hip-drop tackles. This type of takedown became a major problem in the National Rugby League in Australia and New Zealand. "

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The NFL isn’t the only league that has dealt with the scourge of hip-drop tackles. This type of takedown became a major problem in the National Rugby League in Australia and New Zealand. "
Ok thanks?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No where did I say or imply that. Jesus Man...
I wasn't implying you said anything. The "?" denotes a question, but I can see my wording was confusing. If you don't want to eliminate hip drops, then you might think horse collars s/b be part of the game simply due to the two types of tackles being referred to as "cousins". I added the blindside block because that was taken away within the past two seasons.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't implying you said anything. The "?" denotes a question, but I can see my wording was confusing. If you don't want to eliminate hip drops, then you might think horse collars s/b be part of the game simply due to the two types of tackles being referred to as "cousins". I added the blindside block because that was taken away within the past two seasons.
So some writer coins a phrase "Cousins" and America buy's it hook,line and sinker? Is the tackle more dangerous than the standard wrap em up tackles? I am sure it is. The down side is the standard wrap em up tackles are often broken and additional yardage is gained. It seems the league constantly eliminates aspects of the defensive game which always benefits the offense.

Football is a dangerous game we all know, the players all know it. The league keeps making changes that are beneficial solely to the offense. It is making or attempting to make the game more and more one sided. As I stated I am sure the league will eliminate it, which makes me wonder what next will the take from the defense?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive players that use the hip throw tackle are trying to injure the opposing player.

There is no place for that mentality in sports.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some writer coins a phrase "Cousins" and America buy's it hook,line and sinker? Is the tackle more dangerous than the standard wrap em up tackles? I am sure it is. The down side is the standard wrap em up tackles are often broken and additional yardage is gained. It seems the league constantly eliminates aspects of the defensive game which always benefits the offense.

Football is a dangerous game we all know, the players all know it. The league keeps making changes that are beneficial solely to the offense. It is making or attempting to make the game more and more one sided. As I stated I am sure the league will eliminate it, which makes me wonder what next will the take from the defense?
I agree with your take on most of what you say here.

I personally think the hip drop tackle has much reason to be banned.
Please also consider that Most players do not use it yet.
It can also be used by linebackers and some safeties to either safely tackle or injure.
Referees would be unlikely to tell the difference

If this tackle becomes more popular, it could become an even much bigger problem.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this tackle becomes more popular, it could become an even much bigger problem.
If it affects revenue, the owners will tell the Rules and Competition Committees to go fry their asses in peanut oil. There will a point where the proiduct on the field is not worth the price of admission. NFL Football is the Colosseum Games of today. No swords or spears and everyone stays home and no one watches on TV.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it affects revenue, the owners will tell the Rules and Competition Committees to go fry their asses in peanut oil. There will a point where the proiduct on the field is not worth the price of admission. NFL Football is the Colosseum Games of today. No swords or spears and everyone stays home and no one watches on TV.
There are still plenty of "swords and spears" in NFL play today.
We don't need MMA moves in the NFL.

You were in Korea? Ever play "combat football?"
Made "the Longest Yard" look like knitting club.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. I'm just saying that someone invests $7B for a football team and he will not look very kindly on some shmuck who's never played the game, making decisions that will affect his return on investment.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still plenty of "swords and spears" in NFL play today.

You were in Korea? Ever play "combat football?"
Made "the Longest Yard" look like knitting club.
Combat football I can one up yeah.

At Ft. Irwin we played Combat Football at night until a full bird made us stop. We would take Glow Sticks and crack em and attach them to our uniforms Team Red and Team Blue. The ball we tape yellow or orange glow stick too and commence to playing combat football. After a few broken ankles, shoulders and concussions the medics complained and the games got shit canned.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Combat football I can one up yeah.

At Ft. Irwin we played Combat Football at night until a full bird made us stop. We would take Glow Sticks and crack em and attach them to our uniforms Team Red and Team Blue. The ball we tape yellow or orange glow stick too and commence to playing combat football. After a few broken ankles, shoulders and concussions the medics complained and the games got shit canned.
What else are you going to do at Irwin? Play catch with rattlesnakes?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else are you going to do at Irwin? Play catch with rattlesnakes?
Yeah we use to catch side winders and tie para cord to their tails and hang the from the mess tent doors. Make noobs low crawl under them and we would just walk around and enter through the exit. Chased Coyotes with HUMVEEs etc

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only because he's leading the league in plays on the field...

This was BB's master plan all along. Totally suck ass on offense so his newly drafted punter can get lots of real time reps in.

Next season he's going to turn the offense back on.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems this belongs on stupid news. If he were that valuable they wouldn't even consider putting him on the PS.
Their loss is our gain.
ST's were weak last night and this guy is a very good ST'er.
6 teams claimed him. We got him because of our record.
He played on more ST snaps thsan any other player.