• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 New England Patriots Roster

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Brady decide to play defense? Sure didn't look like that against Atlanta
The defense made sure Atlanta stopped scoring about the same time the offense decided to start scoring.

But the way you talk, it's Tom's doing.

The TEAM never gave up.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a good plan. Just keep on playing, keep a core or decent players and rebuild completely from there. Could take a couple of more years.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense made sure Atlanta stopped scoring about the same time the offense decided to start scoring.

But the way you talk, it's Tom's doing.

The TEAM never gave up.
No that's not the way I talk. Point was early on it was "The Rams" and defense and film I suspect. The ATL game TB12 and the offense won that game IMO and a lot of our SBs were b/c of a highly effcient offense run by TB12. All I was implying was that once TB12 figured things out it seemed more of wins were based on what he did not BB

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots signed FA Matt Wright PK yesterday. Wonder if it's just to get Ryland to concentrate more or if BB is seriously considering a change.

Wright, 27, has spent time with Pittsburgh, Detroit, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Carolina, San Francisco and Atlanta. The 5-foot-11, 174-pounder, originally signed with Pittsburgh as a rookie free agent out of UCF on April, 29, 2019 before being released at the end of training camp. Wright was signed to the Pittsburgh practice squad on Nov. 30, 2020 and was elevated to the active roster for three games. After going to training camp in 2021 with Detroit, he joined Jacksonville and played in 14 games. Wright played with both Kansas City and Pittsburgh in 2022. He was signed by Kansas City to the practice squad on Jan. 6, 2023 and was released on Jan. 30, 2023. Wright spent time with Carolina, San Francisco and Atlanta in 2023. He was released by the Atlanta practice squad on Nov. 28, 2023. Overall, Wright has played in 23 regular season games and is 40-of-46 on field goals and 35-of-37 on extra points.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career reminds me of a Jonny Cash song.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I was implying was that once TB12 figured things out it seemed more of wins were based on what he did not BB
Like bringing in Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, LaGarrette Blount, Danny Amendola, Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, Patrick Chung, Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, Chris Long, Jason McCourty, Cordarrelle Patterson....

Tom did all that?
And here I thought he wanted Brown, Sanu and that Cleveland pot head..

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like bringing in Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, LaGarrette Blount, Danny Amendola, Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, Patrick Chung, Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, Chris Long, Jason McCourty, Cordarrelle Patterson....

Tom did all that?
Okay it feels to me you want to be contrarian. The course of FA you add and lose players all the time, if you are losing and not adding where does that leave you? I still believe that early on the defenses carried the team later on the offense mainly TB12, it's my opinion, I never stated it as fact it's subjective.

It's also time for me to let it go, this is going nowhere.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tom did all that?
Excellent counter point. TB was great. BB has mostly been great. Neither walked on water.

Baseball has a made up stat called WAR - Wins above replacement. Both BB and TB would score very high in that metric. Do we need to debate what those numbers would be? I think each of us could assess things differently.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent counter point. TB was great. BB has mostly been great. Neither walked on water.

Baseball has a made up stat called WAR - Wins above replacement. Both BB and TB would score very high in that metric. Do we need to debate what those numbers would be? I think each of us could assess things differently.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay it feels to me you want to be contrarian.
Thinking Think GIF by Adam Lambert

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots signed FA Matt Wright PK yesterday. Wonder if it's just to get Ryland to concentrate more or if BB is seriously considering a change.

Wright, 27, has spent time with Pittsburgh, Detroit, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Carolina, San Francisco and Atlanta. The 5-foot-11, 174-pounder, originally signed with Pittsburgh as a rookie free agent out of UCF on April, 29, 2019 before being released at the end of training camp. Wright was signed to the Pittsburgh practice squad on Nov. 30, 2020 and was elevated to the active roster for three games. After going to training camp in 2021 with Detroit, he joined Jacksonville and played in 14 games. Wright played with both Kansas City and Pittsburgh in 2022. He was signed by Kansas City to the practice squad on Jan. 6, 2023 and was released on Jan. 30, 2023. Wright spent time with Carolina, San Francisco and Atlanta in 2023. He was released by the Atlanta practice squad on Nov. 28, 2023. Overall, Wright has played in 23 regular season games and is 40-of-46 on field goals and 35-of-37 on extra points.

I guess I don't understand the point in this. It's not like winning any games moving forward is going to help us in any way so why not let the rookie work out whatever's ailing him? I could see adding a kicker in the offseason for camp competition but not now. I don't care if the kid misses every attempt from here on out on as long as he's either an ass kicker next season or replaced next season.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't understand the point in this. It's not like winning any games moving forward is going to help us in any way so why not let the rookie work out whatever's ailing him? I could see adding a kicker in the offseason for camp competition but not now. I don't care if the kid misses every attempt from here on out on as long as he's either an ass kicker next season or replaced next season.
And start Cunningham!

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read.

Punter gets an A?

I thought some had him as a wasted pick?

IMG_3123.jpeg

He’s the 14th ranked punter. Fantastic! He’s 2nd in the league in total punts. Do you think that plays into the amount of kicks inside the 20??
He’s 9 feet per punt from being dead last in the league. Thank god for those 3 extra yards he gets us! What a savior! Every game I have to pinch myself because our punter is average. Can’t even count how many times I’ve yelled “What a great punt!” Damn glad we drafted him!

Derp.

Last edited:

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 347554

He’s the 14th ranked punter. Fantastic! He’s 2nd in the league in total punts. Do you think that plays into the amount of kicks inside the 20??
He’s 9 feet per punt from being dead last in the league. Thank god for those 3 extra yards he gets us! What a savior! Every game I have to pinch myself because our punter is average. Can’t even count how many times I’ve yelled “What a great punt!” Damn glad we drafted him!

Derp.

Bryce is a rookie and has improved steadily as the season has progressed. His stats are being dragged down by early season rookie stuff. He's a rookie and we have him locked in for the foreseeable future and can focus on other shit. There's no reason to believe he will not continue to steadily improve. I liked the pick then and still do now.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce is a rookie and has improved steadily as the season has progressed. His stats are being dragged down by early season rookie stuff. He's a rookie and we have him locked in for the foreseeable future and can focus on other shit. There's no reason to believe he will not continue to steadily improve. I liked the pick then and still do now.

Good for you

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce is a rookie and has improved steadily as the season has progressed.

Not true at all. He’s actually gotten worse as the season has progressed.

Inside the 20 yard line:
1st 5 games he had 16
Last 6 games he has 9

Touch Backs:
1st 7 games he had 1
Last 4 games he has 4

So… nice try. He’s average at best right now.