• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 New England Patriots Roster

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the 1st of August, the Patriots have brought in no less tha n15 OL for tryouts.

None were signed.

BB signed two elders, Reiff and Anderson.

He traded for Lowe and Wheatly.

Does that say that not a single tryout was equal or better than the four guys that are presently on the roster? Lowe and Wheatly have been like saloon doors.

The Patriots are running a 3 TE offense 58% of the time. That limits the WRs to two and that lets the defense easily double team them. Mac has no targets unless one of te TEs doesn't have a defender to block and can slip out into the vacant area in front of him. Hence Mac has four yard pass if (1) he can throw the ball to the TE without hitting his shoelaces or (2) doesn't through a popcorn ball four feet over his head.

Bill signed JC Jackson who is not a finesse CB. He's ball hawk and has made his mark being able to defend a pass or intercept it. He's not a cover corner like Gonzalez Gilmore or Revis whocan run with a WR and fight him for the ball.

Johnathan Jones was taken off IR and is practicing in limited fashion.

NOTE: JC Tore up his knee and said yesterday that he's not 100%. He's still expected to be playing against the Saints. Jones had a severe high ankle sprain and is not expected to play until the team flies to LV.

PROBLEM? OL has not improved and one can only hope they can slow down a less than stellar NO defensive line and allow Mac time to find a WR. Shawn Wade and Jalen Mills will most likely be the starters at CB with Azizi Hearn in the slot. There is a possibility that Bill will start JC in Wade's spot.

Next week, from all matchups Ameer Speed, at 6'3" would be the best match against Devonte Adams if JJ can't play, with over the top help from Dugger (6'2"). Bill's game plan has to be stop jacobs from running the ball down their throats and do not allow Adams to win the game.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a golf outing yesterday. Kind of a client thing.
Spent the afternoon at work on the golf course.

Man, I wish I could have retired at 33.

I don't know. You give me retirement at the age of 33 and Jamie's money and I might find myself at the very least in some trouble.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears released Claypool..................would he be any improvement anywhere???

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 318587

If it were me..........................

#14 + #117 Trade to HOU for #12 for OTs Soronski or Broderick. Otherwise the Jets will grab either at #13

Otherwise

#14 Sam LaPorta TE Iowa
#47 Anton Harrison OT OK
#77 Julius Brents CB Kan St

Beyond that hard to say who will be available.

That's a really huge reach for LaPorta

I like him, 100 plus catches and he was thrown a TE screen 10 times last year. That and he's a YAC TE like Gronk.

I stated that BB might move up to get a OT, not a TE.

View attachment 318614

Scouting report on LaPorta. A TE who can't block.... no thank you

I’m quick to jump on @BigKen when he is wrong. I will acknowledge him when he nails it too. He was big on Sam LaPorta and I remember him talking him up. I was quick to shoot it down. LaPorta has been incredible so far this year. Good job Kenny.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m quick to jump on @BigKen when he is wrong. I will acknowledge him when he nails it too. He was big on Sam LaPorta and I remember him talking him up. I was quick to shoot it down. LaPorta has been incredible so far this year. Good job Kenny.
Even us blind squirrels can find a nut once in a while.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew I should have be paying more attention to my news feed. I totally mussed the notice that hell froze over.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we basically have him for free...so...lets use him.
He looked pretty good today for not being 100%.

Adrian Phillips missed two easy tackles. Looks like age has caught up.

This defense will be fine in 2024. Got about eight guys on IR. Get those pieces healed and rejoin with the guys that are out there now and concentrate on fixing the offense.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked pretty good today for not being 100%.

Adrian Phillips missed two easy tackles. Looks like age has caught up.

This defense will be fine in 2024. Got about eight guys on IR. Get those pieces healed and rejoin with the guys that are out there now and concentrate on fixing the offense.
So...we're on to 2024?