• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 New England Patriots Roster

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to know the facts that led to this outcome. Something credible that indicated it was absolutely an accident?
Maybe he picked up the wrong bag before leaving?

Seriously though, who cares? The laws allows you to own weapons. Maybe he uses the guns to shoot rabbits? Maybe dementia is the defense, but he’s too young for that.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he picked up the wrong bag before leaving?

Seriously though, who cares? The laws allows you to own weapons. Maybe he uses the guns to shoot rabbits? Maybe dementia is the defense, but he’s too young for that.
I agree with that as a reason for owning weapons, the law allows it and I'm fine with them used within the law. I was referring to the part where he committed a pretty significant felony and they discounted it to almost nothing more than a few publicity appearances.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that as a reason for owning weapons, the law allows it and I'm fine with them used within the law. I was referring to the part where he committed a pretty significant felony and they discounted it to almost nothing more than a few publicity appearances.
The only plausible explanation I can create...other than a donation to someone's campaign fund...is that he more than one in piece of luggage, some for checked baggage, declared one contains firearms, and another for carry on with spare skivvies in case his checked baggage is lost. But he carried the wrong duffel.

Lost baggage has happened to a lot of us. Spare skivvies and a tooth brush can be a godsend the way airlines are these days.

I am not saying this is what happened. It's just the only reason I could concoct that would justify all charges dropped.

Other than, of course, a large charitable contribution.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to know the facts that led to this outcome. Something credible that indicated it was absolutely an accident?

Others have posted about this in the past. While I find it incredible, apparently people bringing loaded weapons through security is apparently somewhat common. Something like 6,000 attempts per year and the excuse is regularly that they forget they had them. That appears to be what the DA is saying about Jack. They cannot prove that he intentionally tried to bring them through security.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Others have posted about this in the past. While I find it incredible, apparently people bringing loaded weapons through security is apparently somewhat common. Something like 6,000 attempts per year and the excuse is regularly that they forget they had them. That appears to be what the DA is saying about Jack. They cannot prove that he intentionally tried to bring them through security.
So less than 1% of all domestic flights?

For me and it's just my opinion so it really only holds value to me. 1. Not knowing you have loaded weapons in your bag is bullshit. I don't see how you can't tell that, especially with the size restrictions on carry on's. 2. If you didn't know or forgot, you are irresponsible gun owner and your permits should be suspended and re-certification courses must be completed. Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law, that's how I feel. I think the DA had a chance to make a stand and set an example but because of who he was they chose to turn a blind eye.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots CB Jack Jones had the charges against him dropped in a gun case that took place earlier this offseason.
Jones was arrested at Logan Airport in June for possession of a concealed weapon, possession of ammunition without an ID card, unlawful possession of a firearm, carrying a loaded firearm, and possession of a large-capacity feeding device. According to MassLive’s Chris Mason, Jones had the charges dropped in exchange for one year of pre-trial probation and 48 hours of community service. Whether or not he will face any disciplinary action from the league is to be determined, but he appears to be on track to play in Week 1.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots CB Jack Jones had the charges against him dropped in a gun case that took place earlier this offseason.
Jones was arrested at Logan Airport in June for possession of a concealed weapon, possession of ammunition without an ID card, unlawful possession of a firearm, carrying a loaded firearm, and possession of a large-capacity feeding device. According to MassLive’s Chris Mason, Jones had the charges dropped in exchange for one year of pre-trial probation and 48 hours of community service. Whether or not he will face any disciplinary action from the league is to be determined, but he appears to be on track to play in Week 1.
Ahh it's good to be famous

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say I didn't see this coming.

But I wonder...is this our judicial system at work?
Or our banking system?

According to google Jones falls in line with everybody else that has attempted to bring a gun through security.

Violating this law is a misdemeanor offense punishable by up to $1000 in fines and up to six months in the county jail—although judges have the latitude to impose summary probation as an alternative to jail time depending on the circumstances.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to google Jones falls in line with everybody else that has attempted to bring a gun through security.

Violating this law is a misdemeanor offense punishable by up to $1000 in fines and up to six months in the county jail—although judges have the latitude to impose summary probation as an alternative to jail time depending on the circumstances.
I'm surprised.
Not that Joneses punishment seems light, but that it is seemingly equally light.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised.
Not that Joneses punishment seems light, but that it is seemingly equally light.

That's where I'm at. Shocking that it seems to be "no big deal" but if everybody else is getting off light then Jones should too.

This isn't a "fame/money" thing as some are suggesting. It's simply the way these situations appear to be handled by the courts.

Wondering how the NFL is going to handle it though. I'm guessing two games. Preferably the weeks of the Commanders and Colts. :)