• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 NBA Finals: Heat vs. Nuggets

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey welcome to the NBA board you just discovered when the team gets to the NBA Finals.
Fair enough. I've been on this board many times over the years but never posted. My team never gave me any thing to post about. Football has always been my passion but I've always hoped the Nuggets would turn the corner. Not sure it matters that I only posted when my team made the Finals but thank you for the warm welcome.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I've been on this board many times over the years but never posted. My team never gave me any thing to post about. Football has always been my passion but I've always hoped the Nuggets would turn the corner. Not sure it matters that I only posted when my team made the Finals but thank you for the warm welcome.
You’re mighty welcome. You can leave your Alabama football sweatshirt in the corner and you can hang your Duke basketball hat on the rack. What can I get ya to drink?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP could hurt ya. He’s not just a spot up shooter. He moves around a ton and has made himself a lively cutter without the basketball.
Yeah thats why i would put Gabe on him if they opt for a bigger body on Murray. Weakest defenders (Strus, Herro, and Dunc) should all be on Gordon

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He literally demanded a trade from Minnesota. Won't argue that his Miami days solidified his HOF case but back in the day he was a pure problem child.

He was never a problem child. Jimmy has been Jimmy from day 1. He's the same guy now in Miami as he was in Chicago. The dude works hard and wants his teammates to work hard too. It's very MJ and Kobe like. The problem child narrative came from people talking to sources who didn't actually want to work at the level that's required to win which is the level he expects from everyone when he's out there on the court.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just humor that clown. Embiid lover boy that’s praying for justification with a Jokic loss.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you like to sit in the corner and watch? :eyebrows:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was never a problem child. Jimmy has been Jimmy from day 1. He's the same guy now in Miami as he was in Chicago. The dude works hard and wants his teammates to work hard too. It's very MJ and Kobe like. The problem child narrative came from people talking to sources who didn't actually want to work at the level that's required to win which is the level he expects from everyone when he's out there on the court.
An actual HOFer and former teammate Pau Gasol even once said that some of Jimmy’s comments with the Bulls should have been kept indoors.

Again, great player for the Heat but his ego is 100 percent the reason he’s played for so many teams. Through the Miami bias on the board there is literally no evidence to dispute that.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you like to sit in the corner and watch? :eyebrows:

Yes. It's a form of entertainment. I enjoy reading other perspectives and opinions. If you don't have something useful to say, just listen and learn. Nothing wrong with that. I find that there are some on this forum that might do well to follow that mantra.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you're understanding my point lol. Miami doesn't give a shit about Gordon and would LOVE if Malone decided to give Gordon more attempts than his standard 10 shots per game.

I understand what you're saying. But I don't think the Nuggets will change things up like that and give Gordon more 3 attempts per game.

Of course the Heat would love it if the Nuggets did that. And that's why it's a bad idea for Denver.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello there!!!!
Hey DJ, good to hear from you. I visit this page periodically - but it feels more like a Lakers homepage pretty often so I don’t comment often.

Speaking of the Lakers, maybe I’m wrong but I kind of felt like there was mutual respect between the Lakers and Nuggets players during their series. Of course it’s completion at the highest levels, so there are going to be moments of competitive juices flowing. But LeBron giving Murray a thumbs up after a tough shot he made and another time Jokic helping up a Lakers player after a foul, I thought those were signs of respect.

Reactions: DJ

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other overlooked stat - Jokic is 10-2 in his career against Bam Adebayo. And Miami literally has no other big to draw that assignment…

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone’s setting themselves up for two L’s in the same postseason.
I'm ok either way.you, like your boyfriend WiggityWack, think one title will erase YEARS of mediocrity. Not to mention your hatred for successful franchises, of course... :pound:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey DJ, good to hear from you. I visit this page periodically - but it feels more like a Lakers homepage pretty often so I don’t comment often.

Speaking of the Lakers, maybe I’m wrong but I kind of felt like there was mutual respect between the Lakers and Nuggets players during their series. Of course it’s completion at the highest levels, so there are going to be moments of competitive juices flowing. But LeBron giving Murray a thumbs up after a tough shot he made and another time Jokic helping up a Lakers player after a foul, I thought those were signs of respect.
More Nuggets fans coming out of the woodwork with truth bombs. Love to see it. :clap:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or perhaps it's Heat knuckleheads not living in reality.

Well, let's see...

The experts picked the Bucks...several here picked the Heat.

The experts picked the Celtics...several here picked the Heat.

How did those 2 work out?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SpringStein is a good egg and no frontrunner.....he usually hangs out in the Broncos forum.