• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Lions regular season game thread

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They started strong. They have moments where they look really good. I do wonder what this team looks like with Mosely and CJGJ healthy
True, out 5 starters will kill any defense

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense still looking good, penalty killed last drive, but they had been moving the ball.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant believe the Center did not snap it there.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall the offense is moving the ball fine. Drives have been killed by penalties. I think we are going to start to see some points pile up. It all comes down to handling a scrambling QB.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is nice to see some pressure from the dline. I am not sure if it is just a good game for them, or if there has been actual scheme changes from AG.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching and stupidity is killing this team. Seriously 4th and 13 and we make not 1 not 2 but 3 mistakes on the same play. First of All, what the holy hell is AG doing calling press coverage on 4th and a mile? All fucking seaon on 3rd and 5 and DBs are 10-15 yards back but on 4th and a mile he thinks that is the time for press coverage. Second, Hutch is great but plays dumb a lot. Jumps offside when that is 1 thing you absolutely cant do. Alsd refuses to seal the edge. That is always first priority against a running QB. That should be checkbox number 1 on every play. Still cant fucking do it. Third,. Jerry Jacobs does not seem to even try any more.

AG needs to go. 2 fucking guys to stop and he cant come up with a scheme to do it. Ben Johnson is an average OC with some a bunch creativity but too often is very predictable. We had 5 possessions in Q3 and 4 of them started with 2 runs up the middle vs 8 and 9 guy fronts. Still refuses to make defenses pay for doing that. A little tired of Campbell's decisions too. Goff is a turnover machine although the fumble was on Glasgow. Penalties have been getting worse too.

This team will not not win a single playoff game if we even make it there. Every remaining team can beat us, The Dallas game will be a blowout.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 2 yard passes when down 2 scores in the 4th will get it done.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th and 24 and the Bears DC does not call press coverage. I wonder what he could have been thinking.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I can watch any more Lions football this year. Someone let me know if the schemes and play calling change. Otherwise I am not wasting any more time.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching and stupidity is killing this team. Seriously 4th and 13 and we make not 1 not 2 but 3 mistakes on the same play. First of All, what the holy hell is AG doing calling press coverage on 4th and a mile? All fucking seaon on 3rd and 5 and DBs are 10-15 yards back but on 4th and a mile he thinks that is the time for press coverage. Second, Hutch is great but plays dumb a lot. Jumps offside when that is 1 thing you absolutely cant do. Alsd refuses to seal the edge. That is always first priority against a running QB. That should be checkbox number 1 on every play. Still cant fucking do it. Third,. Jerry Jacobs does not seem to even try any more.

AG needs to go. 2 fucking guys to stop and he cant come up with a scheme to do it. Ben Johnson is an average OC with some a bunch creativity but too often is very predictable. We had 5 possessions in Q3 and 4 of them started with 2 runs up the middle vs 8 and 9 guy fronts. Still refuses to make defenses pay for doing that. A little tired of Campbell's decisions too. Goff is a turnover machine although the fumble was on Glasgow. Penalties have been getting worse too.

This team will not not win a single playoff game if we even make it there. Every remaining team can beat us, The Dallas game will be a blowout.
Lions out-executed and outcoached in all-around team loss to Bears

Thanks for confirming Jeff. Not that anyone will listen. Holmes need to break off his foot in somebodies ass. This is like 5 poor performances in 6 games.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the Lions started poorly and ended great. This year, they start pretty good and are fading as the season progresses. The Lions needed a wake up call that they answered. Today, it was as if they hit the snooze alarm at halftime, or maybe just turned the alarm off.

I’m still hoping for the ship to get back on track. It’s not a turnaround, but a righting. The Lions can’t rely on the rest of the NFC North to choke their opportunities away, especially since we handed them hope.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Is The End Impeachment GIF by FX Networks

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions out-executed and outcoached in all-around team loss to Bears

Thanks for confirming Jeff. Not that anyone will listen. Holmes need to break off his foot in somebodies ass. This is like 5 poor performances in 6 games.
I honestly thought after a few weeks of playing like they did that the issues would be coached out. It has been a rough stretch. I maintain hope that the Lions start playing like the early season. It does look like it is not so much Lions are falling apart, but that teams have figured out a lot of what made them great early.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you told me before the season started that they were guaranteed to be 9-7 or better and at the very worst they would be fighting for the playoffs on the last game of the season I would have probably called this season a mild disappointment. But now that would be a catastrophe. They have a 2 game lead on the division with 4 games to play. I doubt it, but if both of both Vikes and Packers blow it, they could have a 3 game lead with 4 games to play. I believe 2 full games up on the wildcard as well, and right now NFC North is looking at sending 3 teams to the playoffs. If you told me that part before the season started I would consider the season a success.

But that's hard to swallow as average as the Lions look right now.