• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Lions regular season game thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the radio the Lions are the only team to ever score 20+ points ten games in a row, without throwing an INT.

Much respect to Goff’s decision making ability.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props on the win...and it appears that your D has improved vastly...very nice early season win

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that was fun!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor is a probably above league average Tackle, he was allowed to blatantly hold several times tonight, lined up AT LEAST a full yard further in the backfield than the rules are supposed to allow, AND false started almost every snap. And Hutchinson still came away looking like one of the best players on the field tonight. If the game gets called fairly he probably had 3 sacks tonight. But we got the win, so rather than being upset about it, we can instead be excited for future games being ref'd better. Houston also had one that would have been a sack against probably 28 other QBs.

Thinking maybe we should be playing Gibbs in some slot WR, Deebo type roles for the next 5 weeks at minimum. Nobody getting open downfield. St.Brown drew a lot of attention, but the guys behind him didn't do much.
Marv looked terrible. dropped 2 passes and didnt get open much. Reynolds looked the same except for that 1 big play late. Why Raymond was not in the whole game is a mystery. Also Greene should have seen some action to take the top off the defense. KC just put everyone on the LOS and smothered all the short stuff.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the radio the Lions are the only team to ever score 20+ points ten games in a row, without throwing an INT.

Much respect to Goff’s decision making ability.
The play calling and gameplan on offense was not good. Johnson better step it up. So much for being considered for a HC job. That was brutal.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense won the game for us. Offense barely squeeked by with the run game finally wearing down KCs defense. The pass game needs a bit more variety. Those WR screens are not fooling anyone and 2 of them almost ended up pick 6s.

Very impressed with the D. Didnt like that we played so much zone though. I am glad to see they are using Pascal at DT. He was a beast even though the stat sheet didnt show it. The rookies played outstanding as well and make a huge difference on this D.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marv looked terrible. dropped 2 passes and didnt get open much. Reynolds looked the same except for that 1 big play late. Why Raymond was not in the whole game is a mystery. Also Greene should have seen some action to take the top off the defense. KC just put everyone on the LOS and smothered all the short stuff.
Also had the fumble which I though might be a back breaker. It looked like he was benched after the drop deep in our zone.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense won the game for us. Offense barely squeeked by with the run game finally wearing down KCs defense. The pass game needs a bit more variety. Those WR screens are not fooling anyone and 2 of them almost ended up pick 6s.

Very impressed with the D. Didnt like that we played so much zone though. I am glad to see they are using Pascal at DT. He was a beast even though the stat sheet didnt show it. The rookies played outstanding as well and make a huge difference on this D.
I applaud the Lions for moving away from Marvin Jones. If Chuegs had done same for Toney game would be ugly.

Some play calling issues, but still showed adjustment. I think you are overly critical here.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We abandoned run game while making good yards. BJ was getting too cute, when we went back to it and hard we scored. We truly have a thunder and lightning combo and need to use them as such. Officiating was ass, multiple holds clear and on an island not called on hutch, nor the trip kick to his damn gut, next series monty gets trucked, defender trips over him as he is rolling and they call that tripping?! WTF?!

Our D is still suspect. I have said from the day they dropped the secondary coach it should have been Glenn, dont like him or his schemes. Time will tell but I feel he may be the weak link that stops us from reaching our full potential

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is pretty pedestrian without Hill, Watkins and Kelcie............................ehhh???

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice start for the Lions getting a W and ending their opening game streak. D looked better while the O looked clunky at best. At least the refs no calls let the game play for both sides.

The most impressive part is how well recently drafted players are working out. The top four from this year’s draft all contributed. That’s the type of result rarely seen around the Lions board.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applaud the Lions for moving away from Marvin Jones. If Chuegs had done same for Toney game would be ugly.

Some play calling issues, but still showed adjustment. I think you are overly critical here.
Not just here. Pretty much everywhere, LOL

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We abandoned run game while making good yards. BJ was getting too cute, when we went back to it and hard we scored. We truly have a thunder and lightning combo and need to use them as such. Officiating was ass, multiple holds clear and on an island not called on hutch, nor the trip kick to his damn gut, next series monty gets trucked, defender trips over him as he is rolling and they call that tripping?! WTF?!

Our D is still suspect. I have said from the day they dropped the secondary coach it should have been Glenn, dont like him or his schemes. Time will tell but I feel he may be the weak link that stops us from reaching our full potential
I thought the D did well considering it was a road game. Also they had scored the same amount of points as the offense until our final score. I get what you are saying though. KC drops made it look better than it was.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the D did well considering it was a road game. Also they had scored the same amount of points as the offense until our final score. I get what you are saying though. KC drops made it look better than it was.
We looked better, but the scheme was not great, that man over zone thing was being destroyed by mahomes, on scrambles and passing, it was no kelce and the drops, as well as some amazing plays by defenders, that damn diving pass breakup by campbell brought me out of my chair! and cj was everywhere, if the refs did not let the LT line up illegally and jump his own snap count until the last drive hutch would have had at least 2 sacks.

I love our players, dont love the scheme

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sun 1PM ET vs Sea on Fox.

Hopefully we get ahead early and just run them into the ground. Dont want it to be like last week.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions lost to them last year which kept them out of the playoffs. I'm sure Dan Campbell will remind them of this. They have a score to settle.

I feel good about this game. Ford Field will be loud as hell.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel good about this game. Ford Field will be loud as hell.
It better be loud for the Lions. I was at the Thanksgiving game last year. Might as well have been in Buffalo for as loud as the fans in the stands were cheering for the Bills. Very disheartening.

And if they won that home game, they would have edged out Seattle to go to the playoffs.

It’s about time the fans became the Lions’ home advantage. Every home game should be a W, regardless of the opponent. It’s what good teams are expected to do.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Paschal once again is hurt after showing some potential.

I hope he eventually can put together a healthy stretch, on potential only Hutchinson and McNeil are higher on that dline.