• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Lions regular season game thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starters still being in and trying to score is the most annoying part of this game.

All you can accomplish is getting guys hurt.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy, DeVonte Smith, Jayson Waddle.... Jameson Williams.

Jamo was as good as any of them in college, how the fuck is he an absolute zero in the NFL?
Because he does not know how to catch a football. I was laughing my ass off watching him drop ball after ball today. Maybe he will figure it out next year. I would rather have Green out there.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anzelone is ridicuolously overrated. I dont give a shit about stats. He makes a ton of misreads. Our LBs got exposed today.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad they took some deep shots at the end of the game. Guys are wide open deep. Goff is the checkdown king. He needs to step up in the pocket more. He is not outrunning anyone outside. Give that shit up.

Also Gibbs got going finally so that should be good going forward. Hulu had a decent day too.

What happened to ben Johnson's super terrific offense? Those short passes only work against shitty defenses. They better open the passing game up more or teams are going to be on the LOS and we wont even be able to run.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad they took some deep shots at the end of the game. Guys are wide open deep. Goff is the checkdown king. He needs to step up in the pocket more. He is not outrunning anyone outside. Give that shit up.
I don't agree here. Going into the game he lead the league in completions over 20 yards. He throws deep when the oline tries some of that fancy blocking I hear so much about.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree here. Going into the game he lead the league in completions over 20 yards. He throws deep when the oline tries some of that fancy blocking I hear so much about.
It was still all underneath and comeback routes. Good defense wont respect that. If nothing changes we will get crushed by the Cowboys the same way we did today. Luckily the rest of the schedule is not overly difficult and we should win most of those games.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was still all underneath and comeback routes. Good defense wont respect that.
This take is outside of reality. Many of them came on play action or flea flicker when the defense bit, so much to criticize it feels weird to target one of the few non issues.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This take is outside of reality. Many of them came on play action or flea flicker when the defense bit, so much to criticize it feels weird to target one of the few non issues.
True. We had some nice trick plays but those are exceptions and will not be consistent week to week.

Notice how close to the LOS Baltimore was. They shut most everything down. Other teams stupidly tried to play straight up and got burned. This offense is stoppable if teams see what happened today. I think the genius's offence is in trouble going forward. If I can see it you can bet NFL DCs are figuring it out.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough sledding today, should be interesting. This whole team is built on the running game. Even the passing game mostly revolves around play action. Today not only are we missing our RB1, but also missing both starting guards, who are the key to running game. Gibbs was never drafted to be a pound it up the middle or get short yardage kind of player, and Craig Reynolds isn't probably any better. The key to this game IMO is if those 2 guys can be effective enough to at least make the Ravens respect play action.
Wrong on it being interesting. And wrong on the running game being key. I made those statements under the assumption that we would play football today. The Lions could have played 12 vs 11 today on both sides of the ball and we still would have lost.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he does not know how to catch a football. I was laughing my ass off watching him drop ball after ball today. Maybe he will figure it out next year. I would rather have Green out there.
I admit I laughed when the ball hit him in the face. And the game was already over, so it didn't really matter. But can we get a fucking call for once? The refs let them tackle him and hold his arms down a full step or two before the ball even got there.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is why I always had cautious optimism, but never confidence. We all knew Glenn is a trash DC, but God damn!
The defense has basicly the same players as last year, and it's still what has carried us to this winning record. Gotta give Glenn credit for that.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit I laughed when the ball hit him in the face. And the game was already over, so it didn't really matter. But can we get a fucking call for once? The refs let them tackle him and hold his arms down a full step or two before the ball even got there.
The refs sucked again. Thankfully it was not a close game so it didnt matter. Sewell got called for holding for putting his elbow on the guys shoulder. TW3 got called for illegal contact when he barely put a hand on the guy and the offensive player initiated the contact too. Reynolds got tackled on a play and no call.

Also the NFL needs to crack down on OT moving before the snap. WTF is going on with that. It is a false start and now they decided this year they are not calling it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense has basicly the same players as last year, and it's still what has carried us to this winning record. Gotta give Glenn credit for that.
He missed the obvious today. Running QB you rush 4 seal the edges and blitz up the middle. Let the crappy WRs beat you but not the running QB. That should be priority number 1. Instead we got no blitzes in the first half just let him run all over the place and do whatever the fuck he wanted. We will lose to any team with a mobile QB if he does not figure that out.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else, this should quell 'the best team in the NFL' talk.

No team needs to hear that shit.