• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 Lions official draft thread

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am split. Love the Campbell pick, I had said a while ago I would be happy with him at 18.

Hate the Gibbs pick, and adding the third rounder in the trade back feels like we lost that trade twice

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mazi too.
This is getting really bad. Worst draft in a while. Do get me wrong the players are good but this was a big missed opportunity. They better hit home runs on the 3 second round picks.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am split. Love the Campbell pick, I had said a while ago I would be happy with him at 18.

Hate the Gibbs pick, and adding the third rounder in the trade back feels like we lost that trade twice
Second rounder. We have the 3rd pick tomorrow ion addition to our 48 and 55

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will hope for Branch at 34
I will keep drafting safeties with all our remaining picks if it finally gets Brady Breeze off the roster

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second rounder. We have the 3rd pick tomorrow ion addition to our 48 and 55
We don’t have third or fourth rounders after dropping back from 6 to 12.

But we’ve covered the least valuable positions now.

Just have to give me my kicker now and we’re all set.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least with 3 picks tomorrow we are in position to capitalize on our second round drafting prowess.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I still like a ton for tomorrow and beyond.

Will Levis - QB
Jalin Hyatt - WR
Josh Downs - WR
Jayden Reed - WR
Joey Porter Jr - CB
Cam Smith - CB
Clark Phillips III - CB *** I love him.
Trenton Simpson - LB
Drew Sanders - LB
O'Cyrus Torrence - OG
The DT/DE from Northwestern, I'm not trying to remember his scrabble ass name unless we draft him.
A bunch of TE's all look like an upgrade.

I'm getting the feeling today though that they may value players differently from me.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely hate both picks, gibbs could have easily been there at 18 and campbell at 34, still no corner when we had all but 1 to choose from, still no DT. Holmes reading headlines and thought he was smartest man in room and shit the bed. We could have come out of these first 2 days with 5 day one starters and that is out the window now

D for round 1

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then take a back in the 3rd round....12th overall is ridiculous.

I don't belong in the 'running backs don't matter' camp. They absolutely do matter. They don't last as long, but the quality matters a lot.

The way I see this off-season so far.

(1) They dramatically improved the CB position. I don't want to hear beyond this year. You can't sign everybody to long term contracts all at once.
(2) They've dramatically improved the RB position. Both are excellent receivers out of the backfield. We don't even need Swift. Trade him for a 7th.
(3) Now they've theoretically improved the LB position. I don't know. You guys are pretty sharp when it comes to scouting the college players. I'm betting you're right on this one.

That's a pretty damn good off-season right there, and we still have a few picks left.

Quit being such victims all the time. Fuck.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best grade I've seen so far is a C- which is where I put them, like the Campbell pick, hate the Gibbs pick. Don't care how many people compare him to Jamal Charles.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t watch the draft, but kept up with what was going on via CBS Sports online. Seeing six becoming a trade back after Witherspoon was off the board, I was happy with seeing another 2nd round pick. Then seeing an RB taken at twelve, I was disappointed. Later, driving home and listening to the local sports radio station (they’re a Vikings station) all their analysts had the same take; Gibbs is going to be a nightmare to face twice a year.

I wanted to see strengthening the defense in Round 1. Perhaps if the Lions can keep the offense on the field longer, extend drives, control clock, then they gave me what I wanted. I’m happy to find out my initial reaction was wrong (again).

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't belong in the 'running backs don't matter' camp. They absolutely do matter. They don't last as long, but the quality matters a lot.

(1) They dramatically improved the CB position. I don't want to hear beyond this year. You can't sign everybody to long term contracts all at once.
(2) They've dramatically improved the RB position. Both are excellent receivers out of the backfield. We don't even need Swift. Trade him for a 7th.
(3) Now they've theoretically improved the LB position. I don't know. You guys are pretty sharp when it comes to scouting the college players. I'm betting you're right on this one.

That's a pretty damn good off-season right there, and we still have a few picks left.

Look at you Mr. Glass half full. :dhd:

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the value chart (whatever that is worth), the Lions came out ahead on the trade, but I agree, giving up the 3rd for a 5th makes it a little less impressive. That's without talking about who was taken.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is a victim? We are talking about the draft. Lions took a huge reach at 12, the majority of fans and pundits agree. And when you have an OLine like the Lions do, I don't see the point in investing your top draft pick in a RB, period. As for the rest, never said otherwise, not sure what that has to do with the swing and miss at #12.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the value chart (whatever that is worth), the Lions came out ahead on the trade, but I agree, giving up the 3rd for a 5th makes it a little less impressive. That's without talking about who was taken.

I am guessing we trade Swift for a mid round pick.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at the disparity it feels like we got completely ripped off.
Arizona trades #3 & #105 (4th) for #12 & #33 (2nd) & 2024 1st round & 2024 3rd round
Detroit trades #6 & #81(3rd) for #12 & #34 (2nd) & #168 (5th)

Their pick was 3 slots ahead of us and both teams got #12 as compensation. But they gave up a 4th where we gave up a 3rd in additional picks. They got back a higher 2nd, but essentially the same pick. The difference for those 3 slots was we got a 5th and they got first andc3rd next year. I don't carexwhat the value chart says, that feels like we got played. Truth might be that Houston was the one that got played, but still hard not to feel taken advantage of.