• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free Agency and Trades

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to admit...........

Massachusetts is not friendly to professional athletes.

Jakobi Meyers signed with the Raiders because BB would not up the deal to 3/$45M so than Jakobi could have the same take home pay.
Zero state income tax in Nevada. 38% in MA with recently passed "Millionaires Tax". Per Greg Bedard.

Note: Meyers and Lazard have pissed off other WRs because they both signed $11M per year deals and set a much lower standard than was anticipated. Meyers offers were expected to be in $15M-$17M range per NFLPA.
What if there permanent residence is NH?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His employment is MA so he would pay in MA.
they pay in every state they play in so the tax nonsense is not a factor otherwise everyone would go to miami or tampa:suds:

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports the Patriots have "called about" the availabilityof DeAndre Hopkins and Jerry Jeudy.​

New England also attended Odell Beckham's workout last week as the 30-year-old free agent seeks a deal worth $20 million. The Patriots, after losing Jakobi Meyers to the Raiders in free agency, are definitely in the market to upgrade at wideout. Hopkins, who is reportedly "flexible on the last two years of his contract," would likely soak up a huge target share if he were to land with the Patriots. Jeudy, meanwhile, is available for "at least" one first-round draft pick, per reports. It's a price no team is likely to pay for the fourth-year wideout.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England also attended Odell Beckham's workout last week as the 30-year-old free agent seeks a deal worth $20 million. The Patriots, after losing Jakobi Meyers to the Raiders in free agency, are definitely in the market to upgrade at wideout. Hopkins, who is reportedly "flexible on the last two years of his contract," would likely soak up a huge target share if he were to land with the Patriots. Jeudy, meanwhile, is available for "at least" one first-round draft pick, per reports. It's a price no team is likely to pay for the fourth-year wideout.
Excellent point.

Jeudy has never lived up, to the expectations the Broncos had for him because they were expecting way too much. His performance barely would call for a third round pick. A 1st is laughable.

Hopkins on the other hand is willing to "rewrite" his contract which means he's will to discuss a reduction per year for more years and a guarantee of some of it. I would gues that he's will to drop for 2 years at $17M per for a 3 year maybe $45M with $30M guaranteed or something in that range. Basically the third year would be a discount of $6M.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they pay in every state they play in so the tax nonsense is not a factor otherwise everyone would go to miami or tampa:suds:
And playing half the games in a "no income tax" state doesn't help at all?

I di think the tax thing is overstated since the state portion is far less than Fed, but places like NYC add up since there are taxes at more levels.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all the states I travelled to for work, I paid those taxes but claimed my home residence come filing time and got that money back.

Right now...for the last 19 years...I have worked in Fort Campbell, Kentucky and paid zero state income tax as I live in Clarksville, Tennessee.

So home state does make a difference.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. Rogers announced today that he intends to play for the Jets in 2023 if the trade can be negotiated. He just upped the price the Jets will have to pay.
He reduced it since no other team will try to bid for him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent point.

Jeudy has never lived up, to the expectations the Broncos had for him because they were expecting way too much. His performance barely would call for a third round pick. A 1st is laughable.

Hopkins on the other hand is willing to "rewrite" his contract which means he's will to discuss a reduction per year for more years and a guarantee of some of it. I would gues that he's will to drop for 2 years at $17M per for a 3 year maybe $45M with $30M guaranteed or something in that range. Basically the third year would be a discount of $6M.
Jeudy is also very familiar with BOB and his schemes from Bama. So the donks may see that as a driving force

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to admit...........

Massachusetts is not friendly to professional athletes.

Jakobi Meyers signed with the Raiders because BB would not up the deal to 3/$45M so than Jakobi could have the same take home pay.
Zero state income tax in Nevada. 38% in MA with recently passed "Millionaires Tax". Per Greg Bedard.

Note: Meyers and Lazard have pissed off other WRs because they both signed $11M per year deals and set a much lower standard than was anticipated. Meyers offers were expected to be in $15M-$17M range per NFLPA.
WTF? Ever lived in California? My property tax for my house in Georgia would cost 5 times my mortgage if I was in California.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always pay your state of residence.
You get credit back to the states you play in for taxes paid to your home state.

The Dallas Cowboys players who visited Santa Clara to play the 49ers drew a bill from California. This burden is known as the jock tax. Professional athletes owe a portion of their salary to most states and cities they visit — even for a single day.