• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free Agency and Trades

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why?

Among the teams that "won" the 2022 offseason were the Denver Broncos, New York Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. By January, those three had a fired head coach, a failed franchise quarterback and a sad Tom Brady, respectively. And they combined for zero playoff wins.

Also, remember this: The most needle-moving trades of the 2022 offseason were the Commanders getting Carson Wentz, the Chargers acquiring Khalil Mack, Cleveland securing Amari Cooper, Denver getting Russell Wilson, Indy getting Matt Ryan, Vegas trading for Davante Adams, Miami getting Tyreek Hill and the Eagles getting A.J. Brown.

Eight deals. Six of those teams didn’t make the playoffs. Miami did make the playoffs with the same record it had in 2021 (9-8) and was one-and-done. A.J. Brown was a godsend for Philly.:suds:
Most of those teams weren't very good to start with.

I'm also not talking over-priced skill positions. I am hoping BB addresses the Oline and DB positions with those positions, if they fit your scheme you know what you're getting.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is that.

But cap wasn't a real concern. Hopefully Bill has his eyes on one or two high priced FAs?

NE still takes it in the jaw with the Johnu dead cap.
There's cap and there's cash. I think the issue was they didn't want to pay him anymore.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why?

Among the teams that "won" the 2022 offseason were the Denver Broncos, New York Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. By January, those three had a fired head coach, a failed franchise quarterback and a sad Tom Brady, respectively. And they combined for zero playoff wins.

Also, remember this: The most needle-moving trades of the 2022 offseason were the Commanders getting Carson Wentz, the Chargers acquiring Khalil Mack, Cleveland securing Amari Cooper, Denver getting Russell Wilson, Indy getting Matt Ryan, Vegas trading for Davante Adams, Miami getting Tyreek Hill and the Eagles getting A.J. Brown.

Eight deals. Six of those teams didn’t make the playoffs. Miami did make the playoffs with the same record it had in 2021 (9-8) and was one-and-done. A.J. Brown was a godsend for Philly.:suds:
I'm so sick and tired of us just sitting on our hands as the Jets win every goddamn offseason.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally

Patriots signed OT Calvin Anderson, formerly of the Broncos, to a two-year contract.​

Anderson played a career-high 439 snaps last season as he played out a one-year contract that kept him out of restricted free agency. He carried the load for the Broncos after Garret Bolles was lost to a broken leg at left tackle and did fairly well for himself, posting a 66.1 PFF pass block grade. The Patriots had an obvious hole at tackle with Isaiah Wynn and Marcus Cannon heading to free agency and it seems likely that Anderson will be at least part of the solution there -- perhaps the solution if the money is higher than we'd expect.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally

Patriots signed OT Calvin Anderson, formerly of the Broncos, to a two-year contract.​

Anderson played a career-high 439 snaps last season as he played out a one-year contract that kept him out of restricted free agency. He carried the load for the Broncos after Garret Bolles was lost to a broken leg at left tackle and did fairly well for himself, posting a 66.1 PFF pass block grade. The Patriots had an obvious hole at tackle with Isaiah Wynn and Marcus Cannon heading to free agency and it seems likely that Anderson will be at least part of the solution there -- perhaps the solution if the money is higher than we'd expect.
Can't say I know a lot about him, I assume he will play the right side. At least now we all know Belichick is not dead. Apparently we signed him as an UDFA. Not the answer I think we are all hoping for. Changes little IMO

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots re-signed S Jabrill Peppers to a two-year contract.​

Peppers played behind Adrian Phillips at strong safety for the duration of the season but continues to be one of the best safeties against the run in the league. He played only 35% of the defensive snaps in 2022 but brings strong physicality and relentless pursuit to the field when called upon. Consider Peppers one of the better depth safeties in the league moving forward with the Patriots.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots re-signed S Jabrill Peppers to a two-year contract.​

Peppers played behind Adrian Phillips at strong safety for the duration of the season but continues to be one of the best safeties against the run in the league. He played only 35% of the defensive snaps in 2022 but brings strong physicality and relentless pursuit to the field when called upon. Consider Peppers one of the better depth safeties in the league moving forward with the Patriots.
Seems like BB is staying home less losing Meyers. Hope the Hopkins hype is real

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like BB is staying home less losing Meyers. Hope the Hopkins hype is real
Time to admit...........

Massachusetts is not friendly to professional athletes.

Jakobi Meyers signed with the Raiders because BB would not up the deal to 3/$45M so than Jakobi could have the same take home pay.
Zero state income tax in Nevada. 38% in MA with recently passed "Millionaires Tax". Per Greg Bedard.

Note: Meyers and Lazard have pissed off other WRs because they both signed $11M per year deals and set a much lower standard than was anticipated. Meyers offers were expected to be in $15M-$17M range per NFLPA.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3