• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free Agency and Trades

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a free agent.
You're right but could Bill have gone the trade route for Amdre and got a true #1?

I guess he still could? I just think doubtful now.

Not sure Ju Ju is that much of an upgrade over Jakobi. Ju Ju does rack up more YAC. Was the #1 in Pitt but a lesser slot role in KC. It would be nice to see a WR work out for the Pats via trade, draft or FA.

I would think BB must be still looking at other options. Maybe Hopkins? Maybe a pass catching TE with Smith now gone? Because at this point they haven't really improved. Sure a couple back up OL and a change of pace RB which isn't really an upgrade over Harris IMO.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right but could Bill have gone the trade route for Amdre and got a true #1?

Not sure Ju Ju is that much of an upgrade over Jakobi. Ju Ju does rack up more YAC. Was the #1 in Pitt but a lesser slot role in KC. It would be nice to see a WR work out for the Pats via trade, draft or FA.

I would think BB must be still looking at other options. Maybe Hopkins? Maybe a pass catching TE with Smith now gone? Because at this point they haven't really improved. Sure a couple back up OL and a change of pace RB which isn't really an upgrade over Harris IMO.
Well there is the rumor that the Pats are looking at DHOP and Jeudy. If we can manage a deal for DHOP that does not involve a 1st round pick I think we pull the trigger

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this.

Dhop to NE in exchange for Bourne our 3rd this year?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California, Massachusetts, Illinois don't give a shit where you live. You earn or your company is based there, you pay state taxes if youearn there.

Been there, got the rectal tax scars.
Not any corruption in those states...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Darnell Washington?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dhop is very available - it's about the money - not the trade!
He is not a FA so what does Very Available mean.
Cards are looking for draft capital. This allows them a WR and a selection. They don't have to trade him

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California, Massachusetts, Illinois don't give a shit where you live. You earn or your company is based there, you pay state taxes if youearn there.

Been there, got the rectal tax scars.
thats cause your not a nfl player they pay taxes differently

Do NFL players pay taxes in every state?

But athletes and other entertainers operate under different rules than the rest of us: even in states with a multiday threshold, athletes are always taxed, and the calculations are typically based on what are called “duty days,” which is the number of days they spent in that state as a percentage of their season.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not a FA so what does Very Available mean.
Cards are looking for draft capital. This allows them a WR and a selection. They don't have to trade him
It would be a salary dump for AZ.
You got $20 million per? He's your guy.
Renegotiating his contract would be giving him more years.
Can't see Bill giving him a retirement contract.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a salary dump for AZ.
You got $20 million per? He's your guy.
Renegotiating his contract would be giving him more years.
Can't see Bill giving him a retirement contract.
OKay so where did DHOP indicate he is looking for a retirement contract? I felt his intent was to take less to get out of there.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKay so where did DHOP indicate he is looking for a retirement contract? I felt his intent was to take less to get out of there.
He'll be 31 years old this season. Give him more than 3 years and he'll be losing a step?
Word is hewants to play in Dallas.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be 31 years old this season. Give him more than 3 years and he'll be losing a step?
Word is hewants to play in Dallas.....
So for three years we could have a #1. Doesn't sound bad to me.

Why he would want to play in Dallas boggles my mind

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did you move south?
B/C there is no way to get a lady born and raised in Florida to move to NH. I would move back there in a heartbeat

Last edited: