• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Bengals would be going CB first in the draft. Expected as much.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if thats the smartest decision. But if they do have Watson locked up then it makes sense to make your team as good as possible. I just didnt think Ward was on 'Best CB in the NFL' tier

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if thats the smartest decision. But if they do have Watson locked up then it makes sense to make your team as good as possible. I just didnt think Ward was on 'Best CB in the NFL' tier
He is top 10 imo but once the money flows, he won't be top 2...more like in the top 10 range which is worth it. I think CB's are more valuable than ever in today's game. It's either sign him long-term or trade him for a 1st and 2nd or something in that range. Plus this reduced his 2022 salary by around $9-$11M. They will have carryover cap again this year and a ton of cap space next season. I think Berry has a long-term plan since he has been there and when we see this contract it won't look crazy year by year. A lot of bonus in there.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is top 10 imo but once the money flows, he won't be top 2...more like in the top 10 range which is worth it. I think CB's are more valuable than ever in today's game. It's either sign him long-term or trade him for a 1st and 2nd or something in that range. Plus this reduced his 2022 salary by around $9-$11M. They will have carryover cap again this year and a ton of cap space next season. I think Berry has a long-term plan since he has been there and when we see this contract it won't look crazy year by year. A lot of bonus in there.

It was smart to get this done now. Jaire Alexander is the next one out the door and he will set the market closer to what the it should be for a top CB.

It is one of the few positions that is a little underpaid right now in comparison to other positions. If I was stealing Packers at the beginning of last season, I would have rather had Alexander on my team than Adams...and paid him more too. (Although one thing we need to do after the draft is done is re-hash the REAL contracts. Adams signed kind of a shitty deal compared to the guys who came after him by about a week. )

And the difference between Ward and Alexander compared to the market level deals is both of their ages. It is rare to sign guys to 5 year deals and know you are going to get 5 years of prime age football and the player still knows he has one more deal in his career yet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was smart to get this done now. Jaire Alexander is the next one out the door and he will set the market closer to what the it should be for a top CB.

It is one of the few positions that is a little underpaid right now in comparison to other positions. If I was stealing Packers at the beginning of last season, I would have rather had Alexander on my team than Adams...and paid him more too. (Although one thing we need to do after the draft is done is re-hash the REAL contracts. Adams signed kind of a shitty deal compared to the guys who came after him by about a week. )

And the difference between Ward and Alexander compared to the market level deals is both of their ages. It is rare to sign guys to 5 year deals and know you are going to get 5 years of prime age football and the player still knows he has one more deal in his career yet.
Ward was low-balled if you think about it. There aren’t too many young players that will sign 5 year deals at a premium position

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this offseason, Travon Walker has risen from late 1st rounder to possible #1 overall. Baalke leading the draft has the potential to be humorous. Does he have a beef with Jim Harbaugh from the Niners days?

Peter Schrager's mock draft definitely the best one I've seen so far.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, there's a Fort Worth Star Telegram report that says Deebo wants a deal that pays him more than any nonQB--ala, more than Hill's deal in Miami. If that's the case, Deebo's brother is correct and he won't be a Niner, be it this year or next year.

You don't pay a guy top of the market money after ONE good season. Guys like Adams and Hill and even Hopkins, all got paid after several seasons of PB-level play.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. I guess the thought of catching passes from whoever Daniel Jones backup is doesn't thrill him:

Honestly, Baker included in a trade for Toney makes way too much sense. With Gettleman gone the new GM can start from scratch. Daniel Jones is not the future, everyone knows it

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Baker included in a trade for Toney makes way too much sense. With Gettleman gone the new GM can start from scratch. Daniel Jones is not the future, everyone knows it
True Jones isn't the answer, but most folks don't feel Baker is either including the Browns.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Jones isn't the answer, but most folks don't feel Baker is either including the Browns.
Yeah but it’s a one year rental, why not chance it at this point. The Giants are a disaster. Great reward than risk. I’m sure the Browns would throw in a pick and pay a portion of his salary. Other alternative is start Glennon? He is the starter, right….

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but it’s a one year rental, why not chance it at this point. The Giants are a disaster. Great reward than risk. I’m sure the Browns would throw in a pick and pay a portion of his salary. Other alternative is start Glennon? He is the starter, right….
They'll look for the answer in next years draft, they'll likely have a early pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants have Jones and Tyrod.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him being worth Toney. Weird that the Giants are looking to move him unless they are trying to clear space for someone else (Deebo?)