• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is even though I've never really been a big fan of Hardman. Skyy Moore clearly isnt elevating himself at all and MVS has not worked out as a deep threat.

Hardman did have a stretch of 5 TDs in 3 games last year and then got hurt.

Seems like a good move.

Skyy Moore has disappointed, but the Chiefs continuous rotation of every receiver on their roster doesn't give consistent opportunities to any of them it seems. Works for the Chiefs as a team, but makes it hard for any of these guys to emerge.

Hardman has largely been a gadget and speed player, but with the Chiefs rotation of players, he'll fit right back in. Toney hasn't worked in that role.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, you liked it for the Jets too. Rodgers going down 4 plays into the season killed his value. He wasn't even getting snaps with Wilson at QB.
Rodgers spreads the ball around more than Zach.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skyy Moore has disappointed, but the Chiefs continuous rotation of every receiver on their roster doesn't give consistent opportunities to any of them it seems. Works for the Chiefs as a team, but makes it hard for any of these guys to emerge.

Hardman has largely been a gadget and speed player, but with the Chiefs rotation of players, he'll fit right back in. Toney hasn't worked in that role.
I do think a WR would emerge if they earned it. In 2015 Maclin got 124 targets. Obviously Tyreek Hill was a game changer. Sammy Watkins had more than 2x the yards per game as Toney.

All I know is that Watson has been basically the only Chiefs deep threat this year and he is out for a least a few games. Chiefs basically need Hardman, MVS, or Ross to step up. MVS has played his career with Rodgers and Mahomes. I think he is who he is. Ross playing well is the most ideal scenario for the Chiefs. On a passing down if the Chiefs can have Rice, Ross, Watson, Kelce, and McKinnon then that seems ideal imo. Hardman will sub for Watson while he is hurt. Use MVS, Moore, and Toney sparingly. For better or worse, Rice and Ross probably have to outplay the veterans for them to get a shot on a team that wants to win a Super Bowl.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think a WR would emerge if they earned it. In 2015 Maclin got 124 targets. Obviously Tyreek Hill was a game changer. Sammy Watkins had more than 2x the yards per game as Toney.

All I know is that Watson has been basically the only Chiefs deep threat this year and he is out for a least a few games. Chiefs basically need Hardman, MVS, or Ross to step up. MVS has played his career with Rodgers and Mahomes. I think he is who he is. Ross playing well is the most ideal scenario for the Chiefs. On a passing down if the Chiefs can have Rice, Ross, Watson, Kelce, and McKinnon then that seems ideal imo. Hardman will sub for Watson while he is hurt. Use MVS, Moore, and Toney sparingly. For better or worse, Rice and Ross probably have to outplay the veterans for them to get a shot on a team that wants to win a Super Bowl.
Rice looks like he can eventually be the heir apparent to Hill.....

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only downside of the Chiefs trading for Hardman is it means they arent going to do anything else at the position.

If I were a Chief fan, I think I would have been hoping for a bigger splash at the position. But I cant get week 1 out of my head where the Chiefs lost a game for the sole reason that their WR's were complete shit.

It's hard for me to look at the Chief's WR corp without thinking back to Andy's days in Phili with a WR corp of James Thrash, Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston where it was literally that position group that cost the Eagles some SB appearances and wins.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only downside of the Chiefs trading for Hardman is it means they arent going to do anything else at the position.

If I were a Chief fan, I think I would have been hoping for a bigger splash at the position. But I cant get week 1 out of my head where the Chiefs lost a game for the sole reason that their WR's were complete shit.

It's hard for me to look at the Chief's WR corp without thinking back to Andy's days in Phili with a WR corp of James Thrash, Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston where it was literally that position group that cost the Eagles some SB appearances and wins.
Yeah that's a good point. idk how much Hardman helps. Only plus is he knows the system and a connection with Mahomes. Marquise Brown is out there as an option. The Cards will be sellers no doubt. He would become deep threat Mahomes needs immediately.

Actually hoping the Browns trade for him. DPJ has been a disappointment, he can't even get open.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think as a Chiefs fan I get that but during the Mahomes era you had 2018 where they arguably had their best offense and the defense was a dumpster fire that got Bob Sutton fired after Brady went down the field in OT to make a Super Bowl. The 2019 team won a Super Bowl but the LT and S position was so bad that the Niners almost beat the Chiefs and would have beaten the Chiefs with top 15 QB play. Bosa and the Niners TEs won all night. Jimmy G missed an open deep throw. 2020 Chiefs had their whole oline messed up and they still somehow almost went undefeated and made the Super Bowl despite have no oline or defense only for it to show up in the Super Bowl. 2021 we saw Jamar Chase and Joe Burrow embarrass the Chiefs secondary. They did also need another WR. Thats four straight years of bad secondary play which did wind up with 1 Super Bowl win. 2022 basically saw the Chiefs finally get healthy at the right time and Mahomes basically played a perfect game in the Super Bowl to win a 2nd ring and they did it without a star WR.

Its hard to have a Super Bowl roster. Chiefs big splash move in the offseason was at OT and so far its been a bust. Toney was a smaller splash move at WR. If a team is trading with the Chiefs, it probably means something went wrong. Often times you'll get a Claypool and they'll totally bust. Teams are also probably going to assume that Chiefs draft picks generally aren't worth much while they make the playoffs every year. Its going to be hard for the Chiefs to outbid another team.

Unfortunately I think the Chiefs made their mistake in the offseason. If you're a KC fan you just have to hope that a better defense still translates into a championship.

Reactions: DJ

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's not forget bad clock management and bad QB play.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as a Chiefs fan I get that but during the Mahomes era you had 2018 where they arguably had their best offense and the defense was a dumpster fire that got Bob Sutton fired after Brady went down the field in OT to make a Super Bowl. The 2019 team won a Super Bowl but the LT and S position was so bad that the Niners almost beat the Chiefs and would have beaten the Chiefs with top 15 QB play. Bosa and the Niners TEs won all night. Jimmy G missed an open deep throw. 2020 Chiefs had their whole oline messed up and they still somehow almost went undefeated and made the Super Bowl despite have no oline or defense only for it to show up in the Super Bowl. 2021 we saw Jamar Chase and Joe Burrow embarrass the Chiefs secondary. They did also need another WR. Thats four straight years of bad secondary play which did wind up with 1 Super Bowl win. 2022 basically saw the Chiefs finally get healthy at the right time and Mahomes basically played a perfect game in the Super Bowl to win a 2nd ring and they did it without a star WR.

Its hard to have a Super Bowl roster. Chiefs big splash move in the offseason was at OT and so far its been a bust. Toney was a smaller splash move at WR. If a team is trading with the Chiefs, it probably means something went wrong. Often times you'll get a Claypool and they'll totally bust. Teams are also probably going to assume that Chiefs draft picks generally aren't worth much while they make the playoffs every year. Its going to be hard for the Chiefs to outbid another team.

Unfortunately I think the Chiefs made their mistake in the offseason. If you're a KC fan you just have to hope that a better defense still translates into a championship.
Hardman knows the system and Mahomes is familiar with him. That means a lot.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns DESPERATELY need to trade for a QB. Commanders are 3-4.......I would offer a 4th or 5th for Brissett before the end of the night.

PJ Walker is hot garbage. Watson is hurt and a mess mentally. That Titans game where he looked great seems so long ago.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns DESPERATELY need to trade for a QB. Commanders are 3-4.......I would offer a 4th or 5th for Brissett before the end of the night.

PJ Walker is hot garbage. Watson is hurt and a mess mentally. That Titans game where he looked great seems so long ago.

Do you want Cousins?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1698078352860.jpeg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife wants to see what this kid Ross has.....he have potential?
And....Ross was just arrested. Allegedly dragged a significant other through a house and broke a laptop, phone, and car keys.

Rice and Hardman should be good, though.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And....Ross was just arrested. Allegedly dragged a significant other through a house and broke a laptop, phone, and car keys.

Rice and Hardman should be good, though.
Should have gotten him on the field. He was getting antsy.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but the better question is...do you want Watson? :D

200w.gif

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought maybe Watson was back to his old form after the Titans game but it looks more and more like the outlier. Granted, he's injured now but overall, he's been a colossal failure for you guys and losing Chubb and now Ford being down makes QB play all that much more important. Brissett is a nice option if everything else is good but I doubt he moves the needle much. A slight upgrade over Walker. I doubt the Commanders will move him anyway, considering it's looking more and more like Howell is going to get killed out there the way things are going.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Broncos asking price for Jeudy is at least a first rounder and for Sutton a second rounder. I'm not sure I'd give that if I'm a GM but it sounds like there's some interest out there.
As for Surtain, they are asking for a king's ransom. Supposedly, they want more than the Rams gave up for Ramsey.