• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, the Pats also waived Cunningham and McSorley and have just 1 QB right now.....Mac.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, the Pats also waived Cunningham and McSorley and have just 1 QB right now.....Mac.
Wow! Spoke too soon above, had not read any news today.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Pats have some interest in Colt McCoy.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would be decent backup QB for a team with solid O Line that gives him more than 2 seconds to throw the ball. He’s pretty accurate when given a little time.
maybe they are gambling on sneaking him onto the practice squad?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would be decent backup QB for a team with solid O Line that gives him more than 2 seconds to throw the ball. He’s pretty accurate when given a little time.

Isn't that 95% of NFL QBs (the ones that aren't glorified RBs)?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings cut Cook to save a little money and elevated a RB who has averaged less than 4ypc in Mattison to be the starter.

....and so they needed to find a backup who wouldnt make their new starter look bad so they needed just the right RB to compliment him.

Luckily for the Vikes the Dolphins cut a terrible RB who also has a career average of less than 4ypc in Miles Gaskin and we were able to add him to our roster. Now we truly are "set" at RB.

Face Palm What GIF by SWR3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings cut Cook to save a little money and elevated a RB who has averaged less than 4ypc in Mattison to be the starter.

....and so they needed to find a backup who wouldnt make their new starter look bad so they needed just the right RB to compliment him.

Luckily for the Vikes the Dolphins cut a terrible RB who also has a career average of less than 4ypc in Miles Gaskin and we were able to add him to our roster. Now we truly are "set" at RB.

...and they cut McBride before adding Gaskin? Weird. I hope the Rams consider McBride, they could use a back with some power.

The Bills cut Darrynton Evans, Jordan Mims, and Ty Johnson, all who showed well this summer, would expect them to latch on somewhere.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and they cut McBride before adding Gaskin? Weird. I hope the Rams consider McBride, they could use a back with some power.

The Bills cut Darrynton Evans, Jordan Mims, and Ty Johnson, all who showed well this summer, would expect them to latch on somewhere.

McBride looked pedestrian during preseason. He is a practice squad player. He is just a banger is all he is right now. Needs to work on the other aspects of RB other than run it up the gut.

.....and from the looks of it during preseason, I dont think it was an accident that he had a bad hamstring and couldnt give speed times at the combine or his pro day.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Image result for wow gif
Thats Bad GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was hoping the Dolphins would cut him and/or Ahmed last year and that the Rams would move for whomever was released. I know they're nothing special but the Rams only had 2 healthy RBs going into 2022 and both of those had a history of missing games.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay strikes again

seems like an ass hole to me

If it's a swap of late 2026 picks, who cares? McVay probably won't even still be the coach then, and unless Kevin O'Connell can fix his entire backfield QB and RB on the fly, along with adding to his defense, this offseason, he won't still be around then either.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Noy looks to be signing with the Ravens.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have a WR on the trade block. :D

I could see a WR-desperate team like the Panthers offering a late rounder for Claypool or a pick swap.

It's incredible how fast these teams are getting off some of these high priced FAs.

Jacksons' fit in NE will be a natural since that's where he played before San Diego, and they definitely need CB help with Gonzalez being out for the rest of the year.

I doubt we'll see any team trade for Gregory, so the question will be whether Gregory rejoins Dallas or whether he joins some other contender to pump up his FA value?