• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong signing. He’s a difference maker for them on the DL. Giants have a lot of space in 2024. I would imagine this gives them a chance to free up some current cap to continue to shop post June 1st for other pieces to round out the roster. And…this is the only sports win I will allow for you this weekend. Fuck Boston haha.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong signing. He’s a difference maker for them on the DL. Giants have a lot of space in 2024. I would imagine this gives them a chance to free up some current cap to continue to shop post June 1st for other pieces to round out the roster. And…this is the only sports win I will allow for you this weekend. Fuck Boston haha.
Dexter Lawrence is the man... pay that man his money...

... the only thing surer than Dex is the Celtics in the Conference Finals. :D

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dexter Lawrence is the man... pay that man his money...

... the only thing surer than Dex is the Celtics in the Conference Finals. :D

Good signing. Dude is an absolute stud. He absolutely killed the Vikings in that playoff game. It was like he was playing against a JV line.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has to redo how they account for compensatory free agents. Or start going after teams for tampering or false contract agreements.

I guarantee you that Balt had agreed with him on this deal quite awhile ago but waited until the comp free agent period ended so that they could keep the 4th round pick they are netting for Powers departing as a free agent. Basically means the Raiders lose a comp pick while they gain a pick even though they are the ones who are getting the free agent signing.

I've had my eye on him for quite awhile as it made no sense why he wasnt signed already and had it narrowed down to 4 teams in the league that were going to sign him and Balt was one of those 4 teams. This was clear manipulation of the rules.
I'm sure teams and players have agreements in place that will result in contracts after the compensatory pick formula date expires. Teams also factor in the value of a compensatory pick into their decisions when they consider how much they offer their players on expiring contracts. None of this is against the rules and it isn't an issue. It's just business. Owners, the NFLPA, and players all wanted the June 1 date brought forward. At some point in the future the Draft will be brought forward and the June 1 date will be even earlier. Even more late FA signings will take place and consequently the compensatory picks will be in lower rounds. Personally I think this is a good thing. The raison d'être of the Draft is to help the weaker teams not reward the better teams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the OT they signed from Jacksonville is going to be playing RT after all?
Probably. Although I think Donovan Smith has to play better than he did last year to start I'd imagine.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Vikings losing out on the comp pick that they would have gotten for Sam Bradford because the Cardinals were dumb enough to sign a broken QB? They didn't get that pick because Arizona cut him.
Minny was dumb to trade for him, they didn't deserve a comp pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for a quick nickname....Diego En Fuego? Any chance his last name is pronounced like the soda Faygo?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still pissed the MN front office made 90% of the NFL fans wrong, for saying no team will trade for him. MN, just had to save the iggs

That was Spielman. The same moron GM that gave them a 2nd for AJ Feeley when he was with the Dolphins. He couldn't evaluate the QB position to save his life.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, least the skins are good at something.
:noidea:
Hey! You know historically speaking, it’s either the redskins or giants turn to take the division don’t you?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the gm
Hey! You know historically speaking, it’s either the redskins or giants turn to take the division don’t you?
maybe the gmen but Ron has one last curtain call for last place.
pulling a small bit for you guys

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the gm

maybe the gmen but Ron has one last curtain call for last place.
pulling a small bit for you guys
All depends on Howell.