• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't mind McVay taking a shot with him on the cheap (or with Zach Wilson, who is likely out soon with the Rodgers trade completed).
Imo, the Jets won't release Wilson. At least not until the end of year 4 and Rodgers will likely be retired by then. As for Lance, unless some foolish team offers an overpay. he isn't going anywhere. This thing was a bunch of smoke by Lynch and Shanahan to see if a sucker was out there, imo.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, the Jets won't release Wilson. At least not until the end of year 4 and Rodgers will likely be retired by then. As for Lance, unless some foolish team offers an overpay. he isn't going anywhere. This thing was a bunch of smoke by Lynch and Shanahan to see if a sucker was out there, imo.
I was thinking more via trade, but the Rams drafted Stetson Bennett anyway (ugh).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Davis is better than all these fools.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Donald Driver is next.

d65d239d-2a33-4db4-a645-0723ded5667b_text.gif

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL has to redo how they account for compensatory free agents. Or start going after teams for tampering or false contract agreements.

I guarantee you that Balt had agreed with him on this deal quite awhile ago but waited until the comp free agent period ended so that they could keep the 4th round pick they are netting for Powers departing as a free agent. Basically means the Raiders lose a comp pick while they gain a pick even though they are the ones who are getting the free agent signing.

I've had my eye on him for quite awhile as it made no sense why he wasnt signed already and had it narrowed down to 4 teams in the league that were going to sign him and Balt was one of those 4 teams. This was clear manipulation of the rules.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has to redo how they account for compensatory free agents. Or start going after teams for tampering or false contract agreements.

I guarantee you that Balt had agreed with him on this deal quite awhile ago but waited until the comp free agent period ended so that they could keep the 4th round pick they are netting for Powers departing as a free agent. Basically means the Raiders lose a comp pick while they gain a pick even though they are the ones who are getting the free agent signing.

I've had my eye on him for quite awhile as it made no sense why he wasnt signed already and had it narrowed down to 4 teams in the league that were going to sign him and Balt was one of those 4 teams. This was clear manipulation of the rules.

How about the Vikings losing out on the comp pick that they would have gotten for Sam Bradford because the Cardinals were dumb enough to sign a broken QB? They didn't get that pick because Arizona cut him.