• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Lamar. Nelson Agholor is not the answer to any team’s receiver needs.

They traded away his friend Hollywood Brown, then brought in a cheaper/lesser version of him lol.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most will be late picks if anything.

The rams find a way to make it work.

Most studies find the teams that are most successful at drafting simply have more picks

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rams find a way to make it work.

Most studies find the teams that are most successful at drafting simply have more picks

I hope so, but the draft would certainly be more fun if the Rams had more early picks lol. By the time you get to day 3, they are barely discussing the picks as they happen and are instead talking about day 1 over and over.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they’ll collect all the comp picks

Most will be late picks if anything.

Right now the Ram's top FA that counts towards a positive towards the comp pick value is Matt Gay a kicker.

And remember that the comp pick formula has a window. About 1 week after the draft, any free agent that is signed doesnt count for or against comp picks. So unless Dye or Robinson signs soon and for a good amount, teams will probably wait until after that window passes to officially ink a deal.

Long and short is that the Ram's arent likely to get much value back in comp picks next year. Probably a couple of 6ths and a 7th or two. Nothing higher than that though. Their top losses this offseason were guys like Wagner and Floyd who were released and dont count towards comp picks.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the Ram's top FA that counts towards a positive towards the comp pick value is Matt Gay a kicker.

And remember that the comp pick formula has a window. About 1 week after the draft, any free agent that is signed doesnt count for or against comp picks. So unless Dye or Robinson signs soon and for a good amount, teams will probably wait until after that window passes to officially ink a deal.

Long and short is that the Ram's arent likely to get much value back in comp picks next year. Probably a couple of 6ths and a 7th or two. Nothing higher than that though. Their top losses this offseason were guys like Wagner and Floyd who were released and dont count towards comp picks.
Gay, Scott, and Gaines are borderline 6th/7th round picks. We don't know exactly how Mayfield's contract will be counted, but it's likely to register higher than the base $4M. This is without whatever happens with Robinson. The Rams are going to be looking at something like 2 X 6ths & 2 X 7ths. It's not anything substantial - and it shouldn't be.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he would get about half this

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the position. I was shocked Fletcher Cox took less to remain an Eagle and less was 10 million!
Possible, but I don't believe that any team offered Cox more than $10M per year. Seems like a similar report to Gardner-Johnson turning down more from the Eagles to sign with Detroit or that Schultz turned down $12M per year from Dallas. It's all BS this time of the year. Maybe he pulled the wool over Howie's eyes and got $10M guaranteed

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible, but I don't believe that any team offered Cox more than $10M per year. Seems like a similar report to Gardner-Johnson turning down more from the Eagles to sign with Detroit or that Schultz turned down $12M per year from Dallas. It's all BS this time of the year. Maybe he pulled the wool over Howie's eyes and got $10M guaranteed
I had read that the Jets offered him 12 million but you’re right about not knowing what’s smoke screen and what’s real with this kind of stuff.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had read that the Jets offered him 12 million but you’re right about not knowing what’s smoke screen and what’s real with this kind of stuff.
It's possible of course. I really wanted Cox last year when he was cut. I was a little less interested this year because you could see he was becoming more of a rotation guy and much less dominant, but I think he still could provide value for at least one more year even at that price. It will be interesting to see if his play drops off or not. I saw you added a rotation DL yesterday. I wonder if you draft a DT to play next to Davis going forward.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible of course. I really wanted Cox last year when he was cut. I was a little less interested this year because you could see he was becoming more of a rotation guy and much less dominant, but I think he still could provide value for at least one more year even at that price. It will be interesting to see if his play drops off or not. I saw you added a rotation DL yesterday. I wonder if you draft a DT to play next to Davis going forward.
Dude they added yesterday is just a body to be honest. I would say he’s 50/50 to even make the team depending upon if they pick up someone in the draft or sign an undrafted guy. Fletch is weird. I saw what you pointed out, but it was 3 years ago. Oddly enough he posted one of his best sack seasons last year. I think that’s a product of playing around other great pass rushers with a plus secondary behind him. I honestly don’t like the signing. I don’t know what happened but I would have rathered they spent that money to keep CJGJ here and happy. I think a guy like that who can make plays around the ball should have been valued more by the Eagles. But systemically they don’t put a premium price on safety. That was even true of Malcolm Jenkins. He was brought here in the Howie Hiatus with Chip Kelly and Howie didn’t give him much next time around.

If Jalen Carter keeps dropping I think the Eagles take him at 10. If they don’t, it’s a clear indication there’s something off. They have the real from Nakobe Dean and Jordan Davis. Eagles have a nice pipeline there to whether he’s worth the risk and assessing what the risk is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude they added yesterday is just a body to be honest. I would say he’s 50/50 to even make the team depending upon if they pick up someone in the draft or sign an undrafted guy. Fletch is weird. I saw what you pointed out, but it was 3 years ago. Oddly enough he posted one of his best sack seasons last year. I think that’s a product of playing around other great pass rushers with a plus secondary behind him. I honestly don’t like the signing. I don’t know what happened but I would have rathered they spent that money to keep CJGJ here and happy. I think a guy like that who can make plays around the ball should have been valued more by the Eagles. But systemically they don’t put a premium price on safety. That was even true of Malcolm Jenkins. He was brought here in the Howie Hiatus with Chip Kelly and Howie didn’t give him much next time around.

If Jalen Carter keeps dropping I think the Eagles take him at 10. If they don’t, it’s a clear indication there’s something off. They have the real from Nakobe Dean and Jordan Davis. Eagles have a nice pipeline there to whether he’s worth the risk and assessing what the risk is.
OMG if the Eagles get Carter I'm going to be pissed even if they trade up a few spots to do so. I think he goes top 5 for sure.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG if the Eagles get Carter I'm going to be pissed even if they trade up a few spots to do so. I think he goes top 5 for sure.
Y’all know he showed up to his pro day fat and out of shape and didn’t even make it through it?