• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand why they lost so many players. i read on here they don’t have any cap concerns and have never lost a player due to the cap:noidea:

still a pretty good team IMO but a year to year roster comparison seems to show they took a hit And go into next year worse than they ended this year by a decent amount. But, the Biggest move for them might have been Kelce coming back. Dude is just a superstar. Can he please just get old already…

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t understand why they lost so many players. i read on here they don’t have any cap concerns and have never lost a player due to the cap:noidea:

still a pretty good team IMO but a year to year roster comparison seems to show they took a hit And go into next year worse than they ended this year by a decent amount. But, the Biggest move for them might have been Kelce coming back. Dude is just a superstar. Can he please just get old already…
You think he’s not an Eagle because of the cap? He got 6.5 guaranteed and up to 8 in incentives. Something must have happened during the process that the Eagles didn’t match.

This is a stupid move from CJGJ. I don’t blame him for being butt hurt over the Eagles but go play in a real scheme like the Bengals. He’s going on a show me deal to arguably the worst Defensive coordinator in the league. Aaron Glenn is likely getting fired after this season and this dude is gonna go play safety in that scheme? He’s going to get hung out to dry.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he’s not an Eagle because of the cap? He got 6.5 guaranteed and up to 8 in incentives. Something must have happened during the process that the Eagles didn’t match.

This is a stupid move from CJGJ. I don’t blame him for being butt hurt over the Eagles but go play in a real scheme like the Bengals. He’s going on a show me deal to arguably the worst Defensive coordinator in the league. Aaron Glenn is likely getting fired after this season and this dude is gonna go play safety in that scheme? He’s going to get hung out to dry.
Glenn sucks, but the defense is also completely devoid of talent. Lions have added 4 improvements to the worst secondary in football, we might even be league average now. You ignore the linebackers and most of the dline and we are set!

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Thielen to Carolina.

Nice contract for a guy about to be 33.

I like Adam Thielen, he's a class act and has done a ton for the community.

His wife Caitlyn, on the other hand, is a total harpy that does not stop running her mouth on social media about stuff like how he's not being used correctly or enough (despite being top 7 in targets last year in the entire NFL). She will not be missed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t know what you’re talking about. CJGJ shit the bed and overplayed his value.

The salary cap has nothing to do with why CJGJ isn’t an Eagle.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t know what you’re talking about. CJGJ shit the bed and overplayed his value.

The salary cap has nothing to do with why CJGJ isn’t an Eagle.
stop it already. All that shows is the Eagles wanted him back. You can’t even fit his one year contract under your cap. You have $3M in cap space. He got $8M for this year.

Once they signed both Bradbury and retained Slay they couldn’t afford him. Had they signed him to that original deal they likely wouldn’t have both of the other two. I wouldn’t be surprised if cutting/trading Slay and keeping him (not that he is near as good but much cheaper) was the plan and once things turned sour with him was when they changed their plan and kept Slay Which meant he wasn’t coming back

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stop it already. All that shows is the Eagles wanted him back. You can’t even fit his one year contract under your cap. You have $3M in cap space. He got $8M for this year.

Once they signed both Bradbury and retained Slay they couldn’t afford him. Had they signed him to that original deal they likely wouldn’t have both of the other two. I wouldn’t be surprised if cutting/trading Slay and keeping him (not that he is near as good but much cheaper) was the plan and once things turned sour with him was when they changed their plan and kept Slay Which meant he wasn’t coming back
Haha you’re crazy. That’s proof positive that he isn’t a cap casualty. You just refuse to admit it. Your singular point is that because there’s a salary cap you can’t pay people unlimited dollars. Of course that is the case. He or his agent fucked himself royally here. He now is playing for less than he could of and his show me deal is in a horrid situation making him less likely to go get his bag. This guy is not a cap casualty. If they wanted to match they are one restructure away. You are married to this narrative. You are dying for it to be true and it just isn’t.CIGJ isn’t an Eagle because he fucked up and all that was left on the table was to go play for a dude who is getting fired this off season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha you’re crazy. That’s proof positive that he isn’t a cap casualty. You just refuse to admit it. Your singular point is that because there’s a salary cap you can’t pay people unlimited dollars. Of course that is the case. He or his agent fucked himself royally here. He now is playing for less than he could of and his show me deal is in a horrid situation making him less likely to go get his bag. This guy is not a cap casualty. If they wanted to match they are one restructure away. You are married to this narrative. You are dying for it to be true and it just isn’t.CIGJ isn’t an Eagle because he fucked up and all that was left on the table was to go play for a dude who is getting fired this off season.
that is exactly the point that you can’t pay unlimited dollars. No team can. That’s what I’ve said from day 1. The cap is math and nothing else. There are no tricks just strategies to decide what year to have those dollars hit the cap.

your point about him specifically doesn’t make sense. At the time of the offer they could afford him. Now they can’t. That is what I’m saying. everything else is just white noise. You think they took it personal and moved on because he didn’t accept their offer or something?

The Slay restructure will give them more than the current $3M they have in cap space I assume based on what we have read. After that you really have no one else you can restructure other than Johnson that frees up much money. I’m not sure if you know how restructures work but You can’t just restructure guys at will. You need to convert salary to some type of bonus and spread it out. No one else is making enough money in salary to restructure And a Hurts extension is on the horizon and now with out the savings from cutting Slay.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is exactly the point that you can’t pay unlimited dollars. No team can. That’s what I’ve said from day 1. The cap is math and nothing else. There are no tricks just strategies to decide what year to have those dollars hit the cap.

your point about him specifically doesn’t make sense. At the time of the offer they could afford him. Now they can’t. That is what I’m saying. everything else is just white noise. You think they took it personal and moved on because he didn’t accept their offer or something?

The Slay restructure will give them more than the current $3M they have in cap space I assume based on what we have read. After that you really have no one else you can restructure other than Johnson that frees up much money. I’m not sure if you know how restructures work but You can’t just restructure guys at will. You need to convert salary to some type of bonus and spread it out. No one else is making enough money in salary to restructure And a Hurts extension is on the horizon and now with out the savings from cutting Slay.
They can absolutely afford him. They are one restructure away. The Eagles walked away from him, not the other way around. You just cited the player that would be restructured haha.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cjgj was an extra get anyway. Just like Hargrave. Eagles weren't supposed to have either, but they managed their resources so well that they were able to have BOTH for a season together.

In June last year Eagles had no safeties, and by September they had 2 that were worth millions to other franchises at the end of the year. They'll do it again.

Easy when your corners are Slay and Bradberry.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Eagles restructured Slay and Johnson to the maximum amount possible over 5 years it could create $23M. I don't think they can avoid doing it at this stage. However, some of that money will be needed to sign Draft picks and replace players who are cut or go onto IR during the season. $3M of that money will be needed to fund the PS. What's left of it will be needed for Hurts, unless he's willing to delay getting the signing bonus from a new contract until 2024, (and he might be willing to do that provided the new contract comes before the 2023 season). The Eagles are pretty much extended to the maximum in real terms. I don't think they designated anyone as a post June 1 cut to increase later 2023 cap space.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles lost the two most desired when FA started and now...

LOL

ONWARD EAGLE HOOPA FANS

cheap entertainment but worth it all the same
Enjoy it my guy. Cowboys fans don’t get much to celebrate.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your spin.

You remain pure spinner
Onward coach.
No that’s not spin at all. You’re a miserable old man who has little to live for any more. The perceived failures of other teams is all you have left. Enjoy the parade, Pappy.