• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m looking at draft in a similar way but a little different. If they bring back both CBs then they have the luxury of drafting BPA which in this draft coupled with Eagles past 1st round priorities is best DL on their board. At 30 though, I think they surprise us with Jahmyr Gibbs and if he isn’t there, then they trade down. I think it’s telling that they didn’t even talk to Sanders and then immediately jumped on Penny who isn’t going to be a primary back. Maybe they think Gainwell is the bell cow there but I don’t think so. I think Howie breaks precedent and drafts an offensive weapon at 30.
I can see where Howie loves Gibbs or Bijan. I think Jerrah is going to go all in on Bijon. That has Cowboys pick written all over it. I would be ok with either one. I also would love to see possibly if Howie goes after Dewand Jones. Have you seen this mammoth? Check out Ohio State's OL. Jones is bigger that Jordan Maiulata. Imagine having him replace our LG. Stoutland would have a line of road grinders for an OL.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see where Howie loves Gibbs or Bijan. I think Jerrah is going to go all in on Bijon. That has Cowboys pick written all over it. I would be ok with either one. I also would love to see possibly if Howie goes after Dewand Jones. Have you seen this mammoth? Check out Ohio State's OL. Jones is bigger that Jordan Maiulata. Imagine having him replace our LG. Stoutland would have a line of road grinders for an OL.
Not a bad idea. I like the idea of only drafting OT's in your program as they are likely the best lineman on their collegiate teams coupled with Stoudtland's ability to develop.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad idea. I like the idea of only drafting OT's in your program as they are likely the best lineman on their collegiate teams coupled with Stoudtland's ability to develop.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bucs signed RB Chase Edmonds to a one-year, $1.08 million contract.​

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect he is on the Chiefs radar, too

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect he is on the Chiefs radar, too
hes on alot of radars

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY​

Dawand Jones is a ridiculous-size human being and has obvious tangibles making him massively desirable as a pro-level left tackle. What makes Jones different from your typical giant-sized prospect is that he's actually a really good player from a technical point of view and has a very well-developed skill set to go along with his raw power - showcased by his dominance in 2022 where he didn't allow a single sack on 419 pass blocks.

Jones is an outstanding pro prospect and is currently generally viewed a 2nd/3rd round prospect, however, given his potential, we consider him worthy of late first-round selection in the 2023 NFL draft.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes on alot of radars

Dawand Jones is a ridiculous-size human being and has obvious tangibles making him massively desirable as a pro-level left tackle. What makes Jones different from your typical giant-sized prospect is that he's actually a really good player from a technical point of view and has a very well-developed skill set to go along with his raw power - showcased by his dominance in 2022 where he didn't allow a single sack on 419 pass blocks.

Jones is an outstanding pro prospect and is currently generally viewed a 2nd/3rd round prospect, however, given his potential, we consider him worthy of late first-round selection in the 2023 NFL draft.
I agree that he is going somewhere in rd1. Not a lot of obvious OL talent in the draft relative to need so I suspect they'll go earlier than people initially think

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really understand what the Eagles are doing at this point, but I like it. It seems they are able to get many of their own vets to take hometown discounts. I still wonder how they're going to sign Hurts to a long-term deal at this rate though.
Repeat after me, Iggloo.

The cap is manipulable as fuck.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones had a better combine than I had expected, but I still think he might be a stretch as a first round pick. There are some good tackle prospects in this draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes on alot of radars

Weird scouting report. If he's massively desirable as a pro level left tackle, why is he projected as a 2nd/3rd rounder? Sounds more like he may be a right tackle in some scouts' eyes?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the contract details are, but Evan Brown was a good signing for the Seahawks. He filled in for injuries all over the line and the quality of play remained good. I look forward to seeing what he can do as a full time starter.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

looks like an extension after all