• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the way you do it. 3 headed monster on the cheap. Invest in the line of scrimmage.

If Penny is healthy it could be huge for the Eagles. If not, you may be regretting that strategy this year with as much as you like to run. But, I never really thought Miles Sanders was very good and he sure worked in that Offense, so who knows you may not miss a beat even if Penny goes down

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Penny is healthy it could be huge for the Eagles. If not, you may be regretting that strategy this year with as much as you like to run. But, I never really thought Miles Sanders was very good and he sure worked in that Offense, so who knows you may not miss a beat even if Penny goes down
Sanders led the league last year in yards BEFORE contact. They've truly made this a plug-and-play position for them. Honestly, I think Gainwell is the starter here not Penny. Not that it matters as all 3 guys will get touches. Even if Penny does get hurt, they'll have someone to elevate from the practice squad. Last year, that guy was Trey Sermon. My only worry with this model is making sure the players you choose to go to battle with can do their job in pass pro. That's the single biggest trait that gets in the way of young guys getting run at this position in the NFL.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really didn’t think was a possibility. In the end, culture wins.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steelers signed LB Cole Holcomb, formerly of the Commanders, to a three-year contract.​

Holcomb, 26, has started 48 games for Washington over the past four seasons. His career year came in 2021, when Holcomb recorded 145 tackles. He has 4.5 sacks in his NFL career and will join a Steelers defensive making free agency moves to improve for 2023 and beyond.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Panthers are expected to sign TE Hayden Hurst, formerly of the Bengals, to a three-year contract.​

In Hurst's lone season with the Bengals, he caught 52 passes for 414 yards and two touchdowns while being among the league leaders in tight end pass routes. The always-inefficient Hurst, entering his age-30 seasons, would immediately start for the Panthers as the team's primary pass-catching tight end, dashing the hopes of every remaining Tommy Tremble truther. Hurst is well positioned to be a frustrating streaming option for fantasy managers in 2023.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke will find a home somewhere. He can still pound it in short yardage situations. He'll just have to settle on taking a massive pay cut.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are releasing Darius Slay. Damn. The dead cap for him on Spotrac is listed at 21.625 million. Still hoping this is a negotiating ploy showing Slay how far Eagles are willing to go. However, they need to draw the line in the sand. The Eagles model is clear. If you take a big bag, you’re also agreeing to redo your deal with a restructure and extension. If Slay isn’t on board with freeing up space for his teammates to get paid then he has to go.

Much appreciation for the years he spent here and I wish him the best of luck going forward. He still has some really good football left in him.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are releasing Darius Slay. Damn. The dead cap for him on Spotrac is listed at 21.625 million. Still hoping this is a negotiating ploy showing Slay how far Eagles are willing to go. However, they need to draw the line in the sand. The Eagles model is clear. If you take a big bag, you’re also agreeing to redo your deal with a restructure and extension. If Slay isn’t on board with freeing up space for his teammates to get paid then he has to go.

Much appreciation for the years he spent here and I wish him the best of luck going forward. He still has some really good football left in him.
Post June 1st designation means a little over $8M this year and $13-14 next year.
It is what it is.
If he wanted 3 years guaranteed as top dawg, better to pass now.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of the things that Patricia did to screw over the Lions, trading Slay is by far the worst. Lions did not have an elite CB for 30 years before him, and have not had one since. I am hoping Sutton changes that. I would love to have him back in Detroit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post June 1st designation means a little over $8M this year and $13-14 next year.
It is what it is.
If he wanted 3 years guaranteed as top dawg, better to pass now.
Just saw that. This is much better. You extend the money out as the cap rises and you have others willing to restructure. I feel bad for Slay. I don’t blame a man for wanting his money but he’s not likely to fall into as good a situation as what he had in Philly. Good luck to him though. I appreciated the time he played as an Eagle and he did a fine job.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that. This is much better. You extend the money out as the cap rises and you have others willing to restructure. I feel bad for Slay. I don’t blame a man for wanting his money but he’s not likely to fall into as good a situation as what he had in Philly. Good luck to him though. I appreciated the time he played as an Eagle and he did a fine job.
That was the problem after the Super Bowl 52 win when Howie started rewarding players for past performance.
No more nostalgia.
All business.