• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seamalu is the Connor McGovern.

Seumalo was a third round draft pick who has been a good starter for years, and is about to get his third contract. Very different situation IMO. He was totally not a bust in any way, in fact he was a solid pick, just not a great player, merely a good one.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Falcons signed S Jessie Bates, formerly of the Bengals, to a four-year, $64.02 million contract.​

Bates was considered "as good as gone" from the Bengals by The Athletic's Jay Morrison back in February. Now, that speculation has been confirmed, as Bates inks a four-year deal with the Falcons, who will give him $23 million in the first year of his deal. Bates reluctantly played under the franchise tag last season but was due a big payday after performing at a high level for his first five years in the league. Bates was named a Second-team All-Pro in 2020 and has totaled 14 interceptions and 479 tackles in his career. He will immediately improve a Falcons pass defense that allowed the eighth-most passing yards (231.9) last season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports the Dolphins are "monitoring" Dalvin Cook's potential availability.​

The all-in Dolphins are among the teams keeping tabs on whether the Vikings are willing to part with Cook, who has three years left on his contract and is due to make $10.4 million in 2023. ESPN last week reported multiple NFL teams have engaged in trade talks for Cook. Minnesota reportedly wants to re-sign Alexander Mattison, who would be the presumed starter if Cook is dealt in the coming days or weeks. Cook in 2022 recorded his lowest yards per carry of his six-year career.

So, what's the over/under on how many years until the Dolphins are dumping players to try to get their cap under control, lol?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty good trade for the G-Men, getting one of the better tight ends in the league for the 100th pick in the draft.
Its a bit like the Chiefs getting Toney imo.

If Waller can stay on the field then its a huge win for the Giants. I can also see why the Raiders would get rid of him

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a bit like the Chiefs getting Toney imo.

If Waller can stay on the field then its a huge win for the Giants. I can also see why the Raiders would get rid of him
Yeah, I agree. I should have qualified my initial opinion with the ol' IF, as in if Waller can play a whole season relatively healthy, then it's a steal for the Giants.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. I should have qualified my initial opinion with the ol' IF, as in if Waller can play a whole season relatively healthy, then it's a steal for the Giants.
It is one of those things, too, where so many teams make the playoffs that if you can just make sure you keep him healthy for the playoffs then that can be a difference maker.

Waller is also more proven and on a big contract so the dynamics are a bit different. Still, you're getting someone who is three years younger than Travis Kelce and with a top tier coach might actually provide close to the same value on a similar contract. I feel like there were many games on the Raiders where Carr just YOLO'd the ball to Waller because he was always a tough cover.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like a great trade for the Giants. They’re sadly getting better. I wish they’d stay dumb like the Cowboys and Commanders!

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings resign Center Garrett Bradbury.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashad Penny to the Eagles on a one year deal, but I don't have the numbers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashad Penny to the Eagles on a one year deal, but I don't have the numbers.
Feast or famine kind of signing. If healthy, dude could be great behind that OL. Is he healthy though? I am still taking a RB in this draft late though.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings resign Center Garrett Bradbury.

oh no wtf GIF by CBC

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming off an ACL tear, it's a 1 year, prove-it deal.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots signed OT Calvin Anderson, formerly of the Broncos, to a two-year contract.​

Anderson played a career-high 439 snaps last season as he played out a one-year contract that kept him out of restricted free agency. He carried the load for the Broncos after Garret Bolles was lost to a broken leg at left tackle and did fairly well for himself, posting a 66.1 PFF pass block grade. The Patriots had an obvious hole at tackle with Isaiah Wynn and Marcus Cannon heading to free agency and it seems likely that Anderson will be at least part of the solution there -- perhaps the solution if the money is higher than we'd expect.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles agreed to terms with RB Rashaad Penny, formerly of the Seahawks, to a one-year contract.​

It's a smart flier for a team letting Miles Sanders walk in free agency, though obviously a risky one. Amongst the league's most dangerous home run hitters, Penny is also amongst the most injury prone. He has been limited to 42 games across five NFL seasons, just five of which came in 2022. When he was healthy the past two years, Penny averaged a dazzling 6.2 yards per carry. He averaged a league leading 2.1 yards over expected during his breakout 2021. No other back was above 1.57. He is a perfect breakaway option between the 20s for a team that will let Kenneth Gainwell catch passes and Jalen Hurts handle the goal line. Even if he is strictly a two-down back who isn't option A at the goal line, Penny would be a top-18 back were he to stay healthy.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cardinals signed LB Kyzir White, formerly of the Eagles, to a two-year contract worth up to $11 million.​

White re-joins ex-DC Jonathan Gannon in the desert. He's been a steady linebacker for the majority of his NFL career, only playing notably poorly in 2020 when he had a down year as a run defender. White is a needed boost to this unit as five of Arizona's seven inside linebackers were free agents this offseason, and White likely projects as a starter