• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fuck-ass.gif

This guy really is me in 25 years.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t get the best out of everyone though…

He’s not knocking the door at 30. Dude just got beat out by a freak of nature the shook the tree on, a New Zealand rugby player. Mailotta was such a find and a testament to the Eagles development at the OL position. I’ve said it before, Jeff Stoudtland is a boss. Shit, this contract for Dillard is a testament to that as well. Stoudtland is why I have no worries about the future of the Eagles OL post Kelce/Lane Johnson.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, let’s hear it for the fat guys. Huge day for DTs yesterday. Lots of chubby young men who grew up being teased, not being able to fit in desks like the other kids, called Baby Huey and other mean shit now get to claim a bag where they could buy and sell those fucks that used to tease them haha.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dillard to the Commanders is a good flyer. We have no idea how good he can be. No shame in not being able to break the rotation of the Eagles oline.
He fucking sucked when he was 21. Never draft a young OL in the first round. They can't compete in the trenches. Also never draft an old one. They beat up on kids to raise their draft stock. Gotta hit the sweet spot.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True the Eagles got his peak but DTs tend to age well so I don't see him falling off a massive cliff or anything like that because he turned 30 so he should be up there in terms of effectiveness even if it does start to slip a bit.
Small ones are riskier.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hargrave is a good player, but the Eagles could not afford that kind of money for him. That's going to happen. They basically need to find the next Hargrave, the next ascending guy they can sign to a moderately priced free agent contract or draft. It's obviously easier said than done, but when they sign Hurts to a long-term contract, it is going to have some ramifications.
There are plenty of DTs to match up with Jordan Davis. Trust Howie.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Andre Dillard, I am still not sure if the guy can play.

He was somewhat undersized coming out of college and reportedly cried in training camp after getting worked over by DE Derek Barnett a few seasons ago (himself something of a disappointing first round pick).

He's a pretty good pass blocking LT who struggles with physicality. He added some strength since coming into the league, so maybe now he can hold up at the point of attack, but he has also faced some injuries. He did well as a backup OT in spot duty, but I think he's a pretty big risk as a starting LT.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not knocking the door at 30. Dude just got beat out by a freak of nature the shook the tree on, a New Zealand rugby player. Mailotta was such a find and a testament to the Eagles development at the OL position. I’ve said it before, Jeff Stoudtland is a boss. Shit, this contract for Dillard is a testament to that as well. Stoudtland is why I have no worries about the future of the Eagles OL post Kelce/Lane Johnson.
That's an interesting take on his 4 years in the league. Injuries were a part of course, but it seems more like he didn't get much out of Dillard and that another team thinks they can. I guess we will see.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was somewhat undersized coming out of college and reportedly cried in training camp after getting worked over by DE Derek Barnett a few seasons ago (himself something of a disappointing first round pick).

He's a pretty good pass blocking LT who struggles with physicality. He added some strength since coming into the league, so maybe now he can hold up at the point of attack, but he has also faced some injuries. He did well as a backup OT in spot duty, but I think he's a pretty big risk as a starting LT.
Now THAT sounds like the Andre Dillard I know...:thumb:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of DTs to match up with Jordan Davis. Trust Howie.
Eagles still have their top 3 sack guys under contract for next year. Like you said, they have some depth waiting in the wings with Jordan Davis. I don’t know that he can be counted on as a starter but Milton Williams can compete in a rotation there. I wouldn’t be averse to bringing back one of Suh or Joseph to play about 15 snaps a game inside as well. Probably need another body through the draft. The Eagles evaluate this position so well over the years. Every Eagles fan said “Who?” when they signed Hargraves. But you read Eagles Twitter yesterday and it was like the sky was falling. Also, from what I’ve read about Desai, he likes to employ that “NASCAR” package on obvious pass rush downs with four DEs. Under Gym Shorts, Brandon Graham has already played inside in that scheme. In fact, I think that’s the front they were in when BG gets the strip sack of Giselle’s Ex-Husband in Super Bowl LII. Most importantly, it’s just Day 1. This spring some organization is going to react to the huge DT money given out yesterday and they’re either going to cut a guy who can play or make him available for a 3rd or 4th round pick thinking they need to get something for a player they won’t sign next off season. Eagles will be fine.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fucking sucked when he was 21. Never draft a young OL in the first round. They can't compete in the trenches. Also never draft an old one. They beat up on kids to raise their draft stock. Gotta hit the sweet spot.
Sewell, Slayer, Wirfs all hit the ground running. Andrew Thimas took a few years, but no way Giants regret that pick. Cross and Ikem both played decent with clear sign they will be dominant. No position is full proof, but 1st is where you want you tackles most often.

Dillard started slow, but overall we have no idea how good he is right now because Mialata. He would have moved 90% of firsts to the bench.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. I think it’s a solid risk reward position for a LT at a smidge under 10 million a year. He may not be All Pro, but he’s going to be adequate at a minimum. My only concern is that the stuff you cite translates to him being less than as a run blocker. That’s an odd take for Derek Henry’s team. At the same time, Titans have been rumored to be shopping him so maybe they’re adopting a new identity on offense in their rebuild.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting take on his 4 years in the league. Injuries were a part of course, but it seems more like he didn't get much out of Dillard and that another team thinks they can. I guess we will see.
The issue for Dillard is that he missed his window. The Eagles added Mailotta who eventually developed and Dickerson became a Pro Bowl Guard. I don’t think there’s any shame to him not being able to beat out Mailotta or Lane Johnson. Those two are two of the top end tackles in the game.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now THAT sounds like the Andre Dillard I know...:thumb:

Quite frankly, he's our Connor McGovern. But McGovern was much more successful transitioning inside. Dillard is basically too weak to play inside and that also limited his potential.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly, he's our Connor McGovern. But McGovern was much more successful transitioning inside. Dillard is basically too weak to play inside and that also limited his potential.
I think Seamalu is the Connor McGovern.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to spot trac only vikes/rams/bucs are still ova the cap:suds:

1678801143040.png

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have a definitive view on whether Javon Hargrave counts towards the compensatory pick formula or not? In practice he had a 3 year deal that expired but technically it was a 6 year deal that had 3 years which voided. Either it helps the 49ers or the Eagles.
Everything I've read indicates that He will count toward the comp formula--he'd count as a player signed by the Niners and a player lost by the Eagles.

Re the comp formula, For the Niners his signing will probably cancel out the loss of either Jimmy G or McGlinchey.