• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Ongoing Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man when Bratt flips the switch he is such a dynamic player

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a deflating point. That was arguably Jack's worst game. Third line of Meier, Mercer and Holtz was completely invisible, total non factor in the game. 4tb line looked great. Bahl and Marino looked good, everyone else struggles to clear the zone.

Vanecek was ok but still a rebound machine. One thing I wish he'd do that Marty used to is kill the play when the other team clearly has momentum. Just keep freezing the play and take the wind out of their sails.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack with the atrocious turnover but VV no where to be a wall for us again

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something's really off with him, looks like he's skating in quicksand. And we still had him out there in OT for some reason.
super odd right?

hate to lose pts to PHI... I know we have the stadium game still but idk if we have any more PHI games for the season.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After tonight’s crap show, what does this team need? Goaltending is awful, but I think the young D core is really going through the growing pains.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After tonight’s crap show, what does this team need? Goaltending is awful, but I think the young D core is really going through the growing pains.

Lindy should probably go but won't, I think someone needs to be fired.

The effort just isn't there for some reason this season. Last year everyone was going 100 mph at all times. For the past 2 months they have been completely lifeless.

Goaltending needs to be upgraded but our team defense is a disaster. Need a new voice in there

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont understand what the hell is wrong with them... how can they be out of position game in and game out... its like know one understands how to play the game on defense... no goaltending, but when guys are wide open 3 feet infront of the net with no one on them all the time.... can you really blame the goaltenders all the time.... its not like this has happened one or two games... its EVERY game... this team just seems so off and it doesnt seem any of them care to try to correct it... from coaching all the way down to the players... Jack tries to do too much it seems, and its costly sometimes.... Defense no matter how many times they fuck up, keep fucking up.... like they are not learning or they are overthinking and its costing them everything... Timo is just a waste of space out there, even if he did score last night.... right now, if they dont make the playoffs, i wont be upset.. this team is going no where playing like this... perhaps this season will be a learning season and we can fix some of these glaring holes in the off season... i know that is not what we want to hear.. but this team is playing beyond bad right now... yes they can score.. but what good is scoring when you give up 5-6 goals a game, every game????

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel we're as fast as last year which was our strength

The defense isn't strong however...

Goaltending is crippling us

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when was the last time we had 3 different players with 2 goals apiece?

BTW with his 1st NHL assist Nico Daws is rapidly closing in on Paul Bissonette's career scoring numbers

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All star voting is open. Vote for your favorite Devils!
1704479270294.png

Attachments

• 1704479094789.png
    1704479094789.png
    737.7 KB · Views: 1

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game tonight... lots of action, hard hitting... the kind of game two months ago we probably would have lost.. yet we battled and found a way to win... its been a long time that we have had a fun game like that... hope they continue it tomorrow night... i want to get on a roll... time to make up some points.... Great win Devils.. lets get going....

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And back down to reality... its tough having 6 players out, esp when 3 of them are superstars..... Not having Jack hurt tonight. They battled, but Van clearly had the advantage all night... to get to 3-2 and then give up a wrap around goal seconds later just killed us. You could see they were done after that... i know they tried to battle back... but it just wasnt in the cards.... IF we miss the playoffs, one thing you can thank is the NHL for this brutal schedule of the most back to back games of any team... we are now what 1-8-1 in back to back games and we still have like 8 to go.... It is rediculous that they make any team have that many in a season... and if we only get 1 win out of 2 this year in back to backs... that is like 16 losses right there..... no other team has that kind of disadvantage.

And Marino... what were you doing on that wrap around.. you could see it developing yet you just watched it happen with no urgency to get to your corner and stop that attempt..... you were the one who was suppose to come over and stop that once he went behind the net... yet you were just watching.... Daws was late coming over.. but the D didnt help him thats for sure.....