• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win tonight. I would say it was a must-win, considering we can't seem to beat our division rivals these days. Yes, it was a little too close for comfort in the end, but it's two points no matter how you slice it. We were killing penalties for almost half the 3rd period on the second night of a back to back, so I'm sure guys were tired out there and that's why it wasn't pretty.

Tyson Foerster might have the best pure shot of anyone on the team and he's only just turned 22 years old. Really bright future for that kid, I can say that for sure. He gets two tonight, one on a snipe and one on a penalty shot, which ended up being the game-winner. He's scored literally 30% of our goals over the last 9 games, which is incredible.

Sandstrom was good enough, but definitely got lucky late.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win tonight. I would say it was a must-win, considering we can't seem to beat our division rivals these days. Yes, it was a little too close for comfort in the end, but it's two points no matter how you slice it. We were killing penalties for almost half the 3rd period on the second night of a back to back, so I'm sure guys were tired out there and that's why it wasn't pretty.

Tyson Foerster might have the best pure shot of anyone on the team and he's only just turned 22 years old. Really bright future for that kid, I can say that for sure. He gets two tonight, one on a snipe and one on a penalty shot, which ended up being the game-winner. He's scored literally 30% of our goals over the last 9 games, which is incredible.

Sandstrom was good enough, but definitely got lucky late.
Foerster had a great game nice to see. Flyers were lucky with posts but it happens to everyone.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, we just set the Nhl record for penalty shot goals scored in one season with 5 and there are still 20 games left in the season!!

This is pretty ridiculous considering we've been one of the worst shootout teams for years. Perhaps though it speaks to the infusion of youth on the team and our consistent ability to move the puck up the ice fast and get breakaways. This also doesn't mesh with the idea that we don't have a lot of high level skill or talent.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept an eye on the late game tonight too because it was the Pens at the Flames. Well, our in-state rivals may have just blown their whole season. They were up 3-1 with 10 minutes left and managed to actually lose in regulation. The Flames got two goals in 32 seconds via Kadri and Coleman to tie it. Then, with less than a minute remaining, Backlund robbed Letang of the puck in his own zone, drove to the net, dropped it in the slot to Sharangovich, who rifled it home past Jarry for the 4-3 lead and eventual game-winner with only 50 seconds left on the clock. Letang then slashed his stick across the crossbar, breaking it in two. Fucking ouch!! That one has to hurt bad!! LOL

Sure, the Pens still have 4 games in hand on us, but they are 9 points back and despite beating us, have lost 14 of their last 23 games by my count. They need to win all of those games in hand to have a chance and at this rate, it's not happening.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a lot help from Yotes and Kings today
Hopefully the Oilers here shortly too. Actually, I don't understand why we are losing to the Caps, Pens and Devils recently while they are repeatedly getting throttled by other teams. It makes no sense to me. Realistically, the only reason any of them are still in the race is because we can't beat them.

Also, we're 18-8-3 against the western conference, where these teams that are beating them right now are from...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oilers are taking care of business against the Pens so far, up 3-0 just now in the 2nd, but again, our record against the Metro of 8-9-2 is killing us. Otherwise, it seems like every single time we lose, our division rivals lose too. We're very fortunate.

We have 7 games remaining against our division. We have to find a way to win at least several of those games.

Furthermore, there are only 3 more games against the west. It's time to start beating the east too or we can wave goodbye to the playoffs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Seeler another 5 blocks and another plus game is now plus 15 for the year.

Cam York with 7 blocked shots and a goal.

Foerster with 2 more goals moves into a tie for 2nd place in rookie goals and is now a plus 8.

Hathaway with 8 hits and 4 shots plays his normal disruptive game.

Farabee breaks a long goalless streak.

Atkinson invisible once again and is minus 20. :doh:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Seeler another 5 blocks and another plus game is now plus 15 for the year.

Cam York with 7 blocked shots and a goal.

Foerster with 2 more goals moves into a tie for 2nd place in rookie goals and is now a plus 8.

Hathaway with 8 hits and 4 shots plays his normal disruptive game.

Farabee breaks a long goalless streak.

Atkinson invisible once again and is minus 20. :doh:
At this point I have to believe that Atkinson is doing sexual favors for Torts. He'll sit Brink for a few rookie mistakes but leave this old vet on his last leg out there doing us no favors. WTF Torts?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I have to believe that Atkinson is doing sexual favors for Torts. He'll sit Brink for a few rookie mistakes but leave this old vet on his last leg out there doing us no favors. WTF Torts?
He always picks one young player and puts him in the dog house and most times they never get out. Hope he doesn't ruin his career.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He always picks one young player and puts him in the dog house and most times they never get out. Hope he doesn't ruin his career.
Yep and that's the one thing I've always hated about the guy. Why not help that youngster mature into a great player. If he fucks it off as I'm sure he will, I hope Brink comes to Colorado cause I Guarantee their winning another cup before the Flyers even sniff one!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and that's the one thing I've always hated about the guy. Why not help that youngster mature into a great player. If he fucks it off as I'm sure he will, I hope Brink comes to Colorado cause I Guarantee their winning another cup before the Flyers even sniff one!
You could very well be right.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, it's easy to hate the fucking Blues after tonight. On their only regulation goal, Kevin Hayes gets hit and falls to the ice and boards near his own blue line. By the time he gets up and dusts himself off, all nine of the remaining skaters are in the Flyers' offensive zone and at the point Farabee turns the puck over to Kapanen at the exact worst moment to spring Hayes on a breakaway. So, he comes in all alone, goes to deke, misses the puck and falls to the ice yet again. Meanwhile, the puck manages to somehow go straight through the legs of Ersson and into the net. It's probably the most unfortunate and unlikely set of circumstances to lead to a goal this entire fucking season.

We absolutely deserved two points tonight. Laughton opened the scoring in the 1st via a dirty goal in the crease and we led 1-0 for about a period. I think we were without question the better team in the 3rd period and the overtime, despite the fact that the Blues held onto the puck and played keep-away for probably close to 4 of the 5 minutes in the extra session. York and Sanheim had glorious scoring chances late in the OT. We hit numerous posts altogether and Foerster alone, despite not scoring once, could've probably had a hat trick in this one with any luck at all.

Idk how else to measure this right now, but we had the 41-25 edge in shots, slight advantage in faceoff wins, way more blocked shots, more takeaways and fewer giveaways.

How the Blues ended up with 3 power play opportunities to our 2 in this game, we will never know. That was some absolute fucking bullshit, quite frankly. This team has already won a Cup pretty recently, they don't deserve or need any help from the fucking zebras.

You can certainly question the decision by Torts to sit Coots all of the OT and then send him out there to take the first shot in the shootout. To me, that doesn't make any sense, but I'm not a head coach in the Nhl either and hindsight is 20/20. Anyway, the Blues win 2-1 in the shootout via a Buchnevich backhand goal that just barely beats Ersson inside the post.

Otherwise, GG tonight and it actually is a big point acquired. No issues with the way we played, we just need Konecny back ASAP. He is a difference maker, especially shorthanded and in the overtime.

Last edited: