• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There it is. The Devils and Isles both get blown away, putting them both 7 points back of us with only 1 game in hand. Would be nice to sweep this weekend, but that's a bit of a greedy proposition. I'll be happy if we show up in both games and beat the Pens in their building again.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing a lot of speculation about Laughton going to the Avs, been trying to see what they have to offer? I think it may be just a second rounder which I don't think would cut it IMO. They are saying Maybe they'd part with Girard or Byrum, I'd take Byrum.

Thanks for sharing the article. I have the perfect solution! Laughton $3M and Walker 2.65M for Byram 3.85. Flyers retain the 600k or so on Walker to make the cap work for the Avs. They get a top 4 guy back to replace Byram for a cup run, plus Laughton to help down the middle. Flyers get a young, high upside top 4 dman.

Seems perfect to me? Throw a draft pick or two in there to balance out the value if you have to. But Byram is probably better than the Flyers would do with late 1st rounders or 2nd round they might get for moving those guys individually.

Could also do Seeler instead of Walker if he fits what Colorado needs more.

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for sharing the article. I have the perfect solution! Laughton $3M and Walker 2.65M for Byram 3.85. Flyers retain the 600k or so on Walker to make the cap work for the Avs. They get a top 4 guy back to replace Byram for a cup run, plus Laughton to help down the middle. Flyers get a young, high upside top 4 dman.

Seems perfect to me? Throw a draft pick or two in there to balance out the value if you have to. But Byram is probably better than the Flyers would do with late 1st rounders or 2nd round they might get for moving those guys individually.

I'd be on board with this 100%.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this except for the Seeler part.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read Walker looking to get paid 5 million per season and Flyers are offering 4 million per season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • TSN’s Darren Dreger reported on Thursday evening that the Philadelphia Flyers have begun contract extension talks with Nick Seeler, a pending unrestricted free agent.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be like Christmas if we could beat the Rags and stop their 9 game win streak.

Please god let that happen.:pray::pray::pray::pray:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yea, lasgop8 on both fronts. Keeping Seeler and kickin the Rags ass would be a great Christmas in February!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read Walker looking to get paid 5 million per season and Flyers are offering 4 million per season.
IMO he's having a decent year, don't believe he's a 5 million per year guy though, who knows with the league these days though. I think we could do better trading him.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we ever wanted a measuring stick game to see exactly where we stand, tomorrow afternoon in Philly is it. We've been average on home ice this season. In come the Rags, winners of 9 straight games overall and 18-9-3 on the road.

Do we rise to the occasion or do we fold and regroup against the Pens the very next day? Either way, I hope to get at least 2-3 points out of this weekend. It won't be easy and it shouldn't either.

It's time to sack up against the East and the Metro or we can forget about making the playoffs way ahead of schedule.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we ever wanted a measuring stick game to see exactly where we stand, tomorrow afternoon in Philly is it. We've been average on home ice this season. In come the Rags, winners of 9 straight games overall and 18-9-3 on the road.

Do we rise to the occasion or do we fold and regroup against the Pens the very next day? Either way, I hope to get at least 2-3 points out of this weekend. It won't be easy and it shouldn't either.

It's time to sack up against the East and the Metro or we can forget about making the playoffs way ahead of schedule.
Two wins are in the bag this weekend. Take it to the bank.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are we liking the blue “IBX” logos on the flyers jerseys. ?

You heard it here first that allowing this shit on sweaters was going to look like shit.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deserved a win.
Yes. I love this team and I stand by their performance this afternoon 100%. The bounces did not go our way and Shesterkin, while in a bit of a zone, was extremely fortunate not to give up a couple more goals.

It's a damn miracle that this game didn't at least go to OT. The game-winner was a total fluke bounce of the puck off the knee of a 4th line rookie that literally darted right between Ersson's legs as if it had eyes.

Later on, we had a shorthanded breakaway that was actually two Flyers on Shesterkin without a conversion. Frost shot one wide that if on net would've tied it. With 5 seconds remaining and the goalie pulled, Coots put one off the post and out from a severe angle. Not only is it miraculous that he missed the yawning cage, it's also surprising that the puck went all the way through the crease without hitting Shesterkin and deflecting back into the net. We had more chances to tie this game up than I care to remember at this point.

We put up 40 shots and won 63.3% of the faceoffs all without Konecny too. I'm actually proud of our crew here, despite the loss.

If we go this hard at Pittsburgh tomorrow, we will rebound quickly and take the two points there.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had plenty of opportunities to tie and win this game. We didn't get there. I have said this before many times: I HATE THE DAMN RAGS!!! I hope the team takes out their frustration angst on Pissburgh!! Die, you cross-state jackasses!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had plenty of opportunities to tie and win this game. We didn't get there. I have said this before many times: I HATE THE DAMN RAGS!!! I hope the team takes out their frustration angst on Pissburgh!! Die, you cross-state jackasses!!
On the late shorthanded breakaway, I'm almost amazed that Sanheim took the shot instead of dropping it to Laughton, who probably would've put forth a great shot.