• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just meant in generalities. He did the same with Mette and Belpedio instead of Andrae, Attard, or Grans. And it's the same as keeping Poehling, Deslauries, and Hathaway in the lineup instead of getting guys like Brink and Frost in the lineup together. And Zamula getting scratched so Staal and Risto can be in the lineup.

There's a balance between making players earn their time. I get that. And holding people accountable etc. And creating a winning culture. But at some point you have to have young guys in the lineup to balance out the seesaw. Their average age tonight is 27.7 years old. There's no balance, they're just not playing the young guys.

IMO, the Flyers roster management this season looks exactly like it has for 10 years. We'll see what happens at the deadline, but I'd be shocked to see them actually sell and do anything to hurt their chances at making the playoffs. Maybe this is all part of the plan. Up until the deadline they dress a veteran heavy lineup to show the kids what it takes. Then sell at the deadline with the expectation that the kids will step in and play the same style/level. But Flyers and Torts history shows otherwise.
At the very least Sean Walker and Seeler will be dealt and you will have Zamula and Belpedio back in the line up. Andrae and Attard aren't NHL ready players right now and neither is Grans which is why they are not on the team. As far as Deslauriers and Hathaway and Poehiling we have nobody who are better 4th liners in our system and putting guys like Frost or Brink on the 4th line would really make us look like we have for the last 10 years. I remember Laughton and Frabee getting their heads beat in because we had nobody to do the dirty work.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched parts of each period last night. Definitely a different team than in years past, but unfortunately the same result. The team speed is night and day from the past as is the overall effort. Down 2 -1 for most of the 3rd and pressing, but could not get another goal. I thought the 3rd Hart gave up was on the weak side. Obviously a team without a star player.
Thanks for the update.

We dont have the best offense lately because Couts and Atkinson are not first line players and we have them on our top line.

We have a few years to go before we build the top line.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very least Sean Walker and Seeler will be dealt and you will have Zamula and Belpedio back in the line up. Andrae and Attard aren't NHL ready players right now and neither is Grans which is why they are not on the team. As far as Deslauriers and Hathaway and Poehiling we have nobody who are better 4th liners in our system and putting guys like Frost or Brink on the 4th line would really make us look like we have for the last 10 years. I remember Laughton and Frabee getting their heads beat in because we had nobody to do the dirty work.

If the bold happens, I'll be fine with the season and I'll trust them a little more. The question I have is whether or not they actually do that. Not worth getting super riled up about it yet, but I am concerned.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the bold happens, I'll be fine with the season and I'll trust them a little more. The question I have is whether or not they actually do that. Not worth getting super riled up about it yet, but I am concerned.
Last year of their deals, both UFAs. If their agents dont bring them into free agency they should both be fired. Im pretty sure Briere knows that and will be shopping them at the deadline or before.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year of their deals, both UFAs. If their agents dont bring them into free agency they should both be fired. Im pretty sure Briere knows that and will be shopping them at the deadline or before.
Which kind of sucks because I love Seelers effort and heart every game. Guy hustles every shift.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which kind of sucks because I love Seelers effort and heart every game. Guy hustles every shift.
What would be great is if Danny B finds a way to move Risto and resign Seeler with a small bump in pay then bring up Zamula. Im sure Walker gets traded and then Belpedio comes back too.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would be great is if Danny B finds a way to move Risto and resign Seeler with a small bump in pay then bring up Zamula. Im sure Walker gets traded and then Belpedio comes back too.
That would be an awesome scenario, unfortunately he'll bring as much interest as JVR. :pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's a wrap. 0-9-1 when giving up the first goal.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This teams defense is pure fuckin garbage! There isn't an NHL caliber player on our defensive side period. I've never seen a bunch of idiots stand around and watch play after play develop around them. I don't care what you say, you can't coach garbage.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously wish I could make a video montage of our defense watching guys skate up the ice, dump it into a corner and chase the scared to get hit dman into the boards because I know he's scared to get hit, so he's gonna pump it up the boards to my waiting team mate who will make a offensive play. Why are our dmen so scared to go into the corner and take a hit for pick possession? It's been this way for years now, no skating it out or support coming down, it's just get to it and shoot it up the boards? I know I'm not the only one seeing this am I?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's a wrap. 0-9-1 when giving up the first goal.
Didn't take long to fix that. 1-9-1 when giving up the first goal. We even trailed 1-2 in the 3rd last night and still pulled out the shootout victory via some dominant special teams play. We not only defended their power play all night long, Laughton got one shorthanded and Foerster sniped a power play goal late to give us a lead that we couldn't hold onto. We survived a frantic overtime, Couturier scores on his patented shootout move and Ersson shuts the door for the W.

Despite all of our recent years of futility, we are (by my count) 21-10-6 lifetime at PPG Paints Arena (formerly Consol Energy Center). This includes playoff games. We won the first game ever played there 3-2 on October 7th 2010 and have not looked back since. I fucking love this, for the record. That was also game number one in the Nhl for a 22 year old Sergei Bobrovsky. Some guy named Claude had the game-winning, shorthanded goal.

Crosby can have all of the fucking goals and assists that he wants against us, but if we still own his team in his building, I can live with that. As shown above, throughout over 13 years of regular and postseason games, we own them in Pittsburgh. That appears to hold true even now.

Anyway, hopefully we can continue to win games regardless of who scores first and this will no longer be a thing. Meanwhile, fuck the Pens and all of their high-priced, over the hill talent. There's no fucking way that team is going anywhere. They rely heavily on Jarry and Letang, quite frankly, and they're more a collection of players than a real team.

Would love to sweep this home and home tomorrow night!! Go Flyers!!!

Last edited: