• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunning makes me nervous
I think he will only be a short term starter here. Maybe a year to a year and a half until he is replaced.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been around baseball a long time. Played and coached and I'm here to tell ya if you don't have pitching, you better get some. Spending millions on IF and OF is a waste without spending big on hurlers. You're seeing it here today.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been around baseball a long time. Played and coached and I'm here to tell ya if you don't have pitching, you better get some. Spending millions on IF and OF is a waste without spending big on hurlers. You're seeing it here today.
When the rebuild is completely over we will have both. This is a better team than last year, but not nearly as good as next year and not even close to as good as they will be the year after next.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They got some guys on the way

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-2 with the guys we paid to produce the runs is what is expected. Not only will we get better pitching next year, we will likely have at least 2 new bats one of which is Jung. I suspect 3.
Josh Smith will be here and another COF IMO.
We will be better offensively and defensively
Winn should be pitching and likely on other. We will have a better pen as some flamethrowers will be coming. Our bullpen will be better after the break for that matter

So yeah we are still finishing out the rebuild
And when we are competing with likely Seattle for the division we might add another ace as a finishing piece but by that time Leiter will be here and we will be a force to be reckoned with
I expect we make the playoffs next year but the year after watch out

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-2 with the guys we paid to produce the runs is what is expected. Not only will we get better pitching next year, we will likely have at least 2 new bats one of which is Jung. I suspect 3.
Josh Smith will be here and another COF IMO.
We will be better offensively and defensively
Winn should be pitching and likely on other. We will have a better pen as some flamethrowers will be coming. Our bullpen will be better after the break for that matter

So yeah we are still finishing out the rebuild
And when we are competing with likely Seattle for the division we might add another ace as a finishing piece but by that time Leiter will be here and we will be a force to be reckoned with
I expect we make the playoffs next year but the year after watch out
Much much easier to predict than to produce. Agree we should be much better this year and next. We all believe pitching should be good but predicting is hard to manage because of unknowns. Will Jung be what he was before a bad injury? Will Lieter suffer TJ before he comes up? None of us know. Just saying that pitching is not something you take for grantied and it is much harder to acquire than position players.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much much easier to predict than to produce. Agree we should be much better this year and next. We all believe pitching should be good but predicting is hard to manage because of unknowns. Will Jung be what he was before a bad injury? Will Lieter suffer TJ before he comes up? None of us know. Just saying that pitching is not something you take for grantied and it is much harder to acquire than position players.
I do think pitchers are much harder to develop and yes injuries are things we hope we are not snakebit with. Fortunately we have the best farm depth in the majors

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess the point is I am not sweating pitching right now. Even Howard who in the long run is at best a placeholder. Surely the franchise won’t rise or fall with his success or failure lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all prediction/projection. We have to hope the front office is good at it. No matter if it is a prospect, a young player or a veteran, it is an exercise in prediction/projection. They have predicted Semien and Seagar will hit well for the next several years.

Sometimes things happen that they don't predict and things don't go as well. I bet the White Sox didn't predict Lance Lynn would need knee surgery.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale and deGrom both missing a good chunk of this year too. Pitchers are finicky
Yes, it is very dangerous to spend heavily on them. As JD said after Cliff Lee turned us down, "we have to develop our own ace "