• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Otto and Latz. Maybe even Arihara.

Benny you hate Arihara and Latz is not ready and I thought Otto was working on a 3rd pitch

Re Howard. Yes obvious issues but this is still a rebuild year. Also sure you heard about Crouse last outing. I would not give up on him either

Maybe both can do well.

Re Allard- to me he is like how some feel about Willie. He has had many chances and just not worked out. Hope I am proved wrong
I think you are making the mistake of assuming that just because I rank some of our starting pitching candidates ahead of Howard that that means I think those guys are good starting pitchers. That is not necessarily the case. Most of them, I cannot see starting for us more than part of this season or maybe as long as part of next season.

This is a comparison discussion for me.

You mention me not liking Arihara. I always expected his ERA for us would be at 5.00 or higher, from the moment we signed him. I still think that is the case. I would not expect Howard to be able to keep his ERA that low.

I think a lot of Alexy, but eventually we will probably be able to bring up some pitchers who will most likely not only be better than Alexy, but better than anyone we currently have in the rotation. I think in Leiter, Winn, White, Vanasco and Roby we have five guys who will, within a couple of years or so, most likely be better than anyone who begins 2022 in the rotation. Very likely, guys like Alexy, Dunning, and Hearn will have to be moved out of the rotation for guys who are better than them. If that does happen, we will be in great shape.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very likely, guys like Alexy, Dunning, and Hearn will have to be moved out of the rotation for guys who are better than them. If that does happen, we will be in great shape.

On a personal note, I am really hoping that Hearn is someone that stays in. By that I mean his performance is such that he earns that spot.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a personal note, I am really hoping that Hearn is someone that stays in. By that I mean his performance is such that he earns that spot.
Seems like his velocity is up there not like Leiter or prob Vanasco but better than average for a starter

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely feel he has earned a spot. I am hoping that our younger guys are even better at some point within the next 2 to 3 years.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely feel he has earned a spot. I am hoping that our younger guys are even better at some point within the next 2 to 3 years.

right, I was referring to 2-3 years down the road. I'd like a scenario where Hearn is the 5th guy in a rotation chock full of our young starters

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to begin today's discussion by stating that I can't stand Bumgarner. Never have liked that dude.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Seger just dbl?

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00