• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Woody has a bad look here but no should have to parrot his responses
I am thinking he could have been a factor getting Seager but this year I think he should be under scrutiny

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@DTC well maybe his brother will do

Reactions: DTC

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Woody has a bad look here but no should have to parrot his responses
I am thinking he could have been a factor getting Seager but this year I think he should be under scrutiny
at the moment that Woodward contacted IKF, IKF was the #1 choice to be our opening day 3Bman. on that day. the Rangers had just signed Seager and Siemen and Woodward wanted IKF to know he was still an integral fixture in the infield.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about all the players left who "might" be considered to play 3B all have warts and some major warts at that. I don't think that the person who is going to play 3rd is on the roster or in their system for that matter, but I could be wrong... :noidea:

It would be interesting to see if they're talking to Kyle about coming out of retirement. But I got the impression the reason he retired was the Mariners weren't trying to get better in his eyes (make the playoffs) so that could be a difficult sell with the current roster even though he would be playing with his brother. I think the Rangers would have to get someone like Suzuki to play LF and trade for a good SP before Kyle would consider coming back... :think:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about all the players left who "might" be considered to play 3B all have warts and some major warts at that. I don't think that the person who is going to play 3rd is on the roster or in their system for that matter, but I could be wrong... :noidea:

It would be interesting to see if they're talking to Kyle about coming out of retirement. But I got the impression the reason he retired was the Mariners weren't trying to get better in his eyes (make the playoffs) so that could be a difficult sell with the current roster even though he would be playing with his brother. I think the Rangers would have to get someone like Suzuki to play LF and trade for a good SP before Kyle would consider coming back... :think:
Point well taken.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so who do we trade for? Sonny Gray?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I don’t mind letting some guys play within organization. Perhaps some wart remover can be applied
:laugh3:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don’t mind letting some guys play within organization. Perhaps some wart remover can be applied
:laugh3:
i'm all for Ibanez and Yonny getting time with big team as long as we have someone ahead of them and Wendzel and the other start at AAA, AA etc

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who do we trade for? Sonny Gray?
He's one of many options and probably one of the cheaper ones in the amount of players/prospects it would cost the team. I figured any trade for a SP would start with IKF and a few others, so needless to say I was surprised he was traded to fill a small hole instead of the larger one in pitching...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of many options and probably one of the cheaper ones in the amount of players/prospects it would cost the team. I figured any trade for a SP would start with IKF and a few others, so needless to say I was surprised he was traded to fill a small hole instead of the larger one in pitching...
we might have to give up a couple of pitching prospects like Otto, Allard, Burke etc

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We will not finish last this year

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we might have to give up a couple of pitching prospects like Otto, Allard, Burke etc
I think it will depend on what team we are dealing with, one trying to dump salary but are still looking to put on a good show will want someone they think could pitch in the bigs a bit this year (Reds and A's). Someone dealing (Rays? and Padres) because they have a glut they would probably be willing to take some prospects 2-3 years out from possibly contributing...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will depend on what team we are dealing with, one trying to dump salary but are still looking to put on a good show will want someone they think could pitch in the bigs a bit this year (Reds and A's). Someone dealing (Rays? and Padres) because they have a glut they would probably be willing to take some prospects 2-3 years out from possibly contributing...
both Otto and Allard pitched for us last year so they'd be getting at least 2

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sir make me think ala shades of Washington when JD brought Profar up and would not play him
I always said back then that JD needed to Wash-proof the team by trading away the veterans that he would play when he should be playing the youngsters. Lol. Maybe he and Young just Woodward-proofedbthe team.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bad taste for this

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland A’s and TB rays seem to always be light years ahead of whatever our front office is doing. I hope Chris young is changing that trend tho.