• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 offseason gossip & facts

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like some are treating Schultz as the next Jason Witten. He is NOT that. Schultz sucks as a blocker. He does not even try to block. Its like he avoids it!!!
rumor has it that Dallas is upset with Coopers effort on a couple of plays late in the SF playoff game with regards to blocking downfield.

I still maintain Schultz couldn't block me.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horse of another Color.... (Shout out to Colors) :dhd:

Amari Cooper isn’t the only Dallas Cowboys star whose future with the team is unclear.
According to a report from the Dallas Morning News, Cowboys standout pass rusher DeMarcus Lawrence rejected a pay cut offer from the team.
Lawrence’s future with the team is now unclear, per the report.

While team officials are close to releasing Cooper, who will have a $20 million base salary guaranteed if he’s on the roster March 20, Lawrence is in a different situation.
Lawrence is considered the Cowboys’ best pass rusher and most expensive, seeing as he’s scheduled to make $19 million in 2022, which is the second-highest salary on the team. However, multiple sources said the team asked Lawrence to take a pay cut, which he refused.
Normally when a player rejects a pay cut he’s soon to be released.
Parting ways with both Cooper and Lawrence would be very tough to swallow for Cowboys fans.

Sooooooo The Question:

Would both Coop & DLaw be so hard to swallow?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys restructuring Prescott's 2022 cap hit freeing up $15.1M in cap space

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"According to Calvin Watkins of Dallas Morning News, the NFC East champions are “seriously considering” exercising the tag on tight end Dalton Schultz. Schultz is coming off a career year in which he caught 78 of 104 targets for 808 yards and eight touchdowns. He also led the Cowboys with seven catches and 89 yards in their Wild Card Round playoff loss to the San Francisco 49ers. If he surprisingly doesn't get tagged, expect a bidding war. My understanding is 9-10 teams have expressed strong interest in the 25-year-old."

HERE WE GO...reactionary Jerry & Stephen.

DIME A DOZEN I tell ya

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"According to Calvin Watkins of Dallas Morning News, the NFC East champions are “seriously considering” exercising the tag on tight end Dalton Schultz. Schultz is coming off a career year in which he caught 78 of 104 targets for 808 yards and eight touchdowns. He also led the Cowboys with seven catches and 89 yards in their Wild Card Round playoff loss to the San Francisco 49ers. If he surprisingly doesn't get tagged, expect a bidding war. My understanding is 9-10 teams have expressed strong interest in the 25-year-old."

HERE WE GO...reactionary Jerry & Stephen.

DIME A DOZEN I tell ya
I agree Schultz is nothing special. His production is more based on his situation and opportunity than his talent and you just can't play a TE that many snaps that can't block. If not for Jarwin's most recent injury I was dreading them even considering bringing back Schultz because his cap hit will surely exceed his value and I am still totally fine if they don't bring him back even with Jarwin a question mark. BUT,,,I'd much rather tag him than offer him a LT contract. You just can't lock a guy in for 4 or 5 years that just gave you his best "statistical" season that he'll likely ever have

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amari Cooper isn’t the only Dallas Cowboys star whose future with the team is unclear.
According to a report from the Dallas Morning News, Cowboys standout pass rusher DeMarcus Lawrence rejected a pay cut offer from the team.

Parting ways with both Cooper and Lawrence would be very tough to swallow for Cowboys fans.

Sooooooo The Question:

Cowboys restructuring Prescott's 2022 cap hit freeing up $15.1M in cap space
Looking at OverThe Cap and Spotrac without any moves Dallas is either 13+ or 15+M over. If a Dak restructure saves 15M, release/trade Cooper saves 16M, and Z Martin restructure saves 7M, I wouldn't be too eager to release DLaw. I'd try hard to get him to reconsider a pay cut so I could get Gregory, Schutz and Gallup signed.

If they do end up releasing DLaw I hope it pre June 1. Take the 8M savings and 19M hit this year and be cap clear going into 23. At least thats how Spotrac says it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at OverThe Cap and Spotrac without any moves Dallas is either 13+ or 15+M over. If a Dak restructure saves 15M, release/trade Cooper saves 16M, and Z Martin restructure saves 7M, I wouldn't be too eager to release DLaw. I'd try hard to get him to reconsider a pay cut so I could get Gregory, Schutz and Gallup signed.

If they do end up releasing DLaw I hope it pre June 1. Take the 8M savings and 19M hit this year and be cap clear going into 23. At least thats how Spotrac says it.
MAN...I'm stuck between a rock & a hard spot on DLaw.

I darn near think I'd draft LB round 1 and follow up with Boye Mafe (bad ass outta Minnesota)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they have restructured Martin's contract

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have restructured Martin's contract
I hope OTC and Spotrac isn't showing that or the Dak supposedly restructure, because now they are 24 or 31M over.

Cap is fluid this time of year.

I think the cap numbers included Schutz Tag, but not the restructures

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man there is a lot of doom & gloom around here.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man there is a lot of doom & gloom around here.
I don't see a lot of doom and gloom. The cap looks like a current problem, and yes it bothers me, but isn't it this was every 3 of 4 years? Hell, this year seems easier than most to get under the cap since WR depth allows Coop to be let go.

Let's not forget this is good year to need to draft a WR.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a lot of doom and gloom. The cap looks like a current problem, and yes it bothers me, but isn't it this was every 3 of 4 years? Hell, this year seems easier than most to get under the cap since WR depth allows Coop to be let go.

Let's not forget this is good year to need to draft a WR.
I dont see us having a cap problem. This is just the way it works. A lot of these contracts were designed to be restructured for cap purposes. Thats the cap game.
As far as Cooper. We all knew he was going away. I dont look at that as a negative either. We were never keeping all of our receivers this year.
People get all worried & start cannibalizing their team with yes. Doom & gloom.
Lamb is going to be fine as a #1 without Coop. Dak will be fine as well. We make our small moves on offense & continue to improve our defense & we will be just fine. We will continue to do good. I am not preaching Superbowls or anything crazy like that, but I am certainly not apart of the doom & gloom crew.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see us having a cap problem. This is just the way it works. A lot of these contracts were designed to be restructured for cap purposes. Thats the cap game.
As far as Cooper. We all knew he was going away. I dont look at that as a negative either. We were never keeping all of our receivers this year.
People get all worried & start cannibalizing their team with yes. Doom & gloom.
Lamb is going to be fine as a #1 without Coop. Dak will be fine as well. We make our small moves on offense & continue to improve our defense & we will be just fine. We will continue to do good. I am not preaching Superbowls or anything crazy like that, but I am certainly not apart of the doom & gloom crew.
I've seen Thunder on the NFL board complaining about Lamb as a #1, but he's in the minority as far as I can tell. Right now my concern is do we/can we keep DLaw and Gregory.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Thunder on the NFL board complaining about Lamb as a #1, but he's in the minority as far as I can tell. Right now my concern is do we/can we keep DLaw and Gregory.
Doesnt make sense financially to get rid of D-Law. Not gonna put to much stock into that until it grows some teeth.
I think people are just looking at what might save cap space & flinging shit at the walls right now. Saves 8 mil but dead space is 19. Then you got to pay to replace him. I imagine he is gone next year however. Gregory I think will be gone. Figured he goes after the money, not the local discount.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I have brushed my teeth after cursing Jerry and Stephen and drinking some beers. I have again concluded we led by morons in the front office. Schultz is ok no more no less. But he is not Jason or Jay and is not worth the $$$. We could do just as well in the draft! Another blunder by Dumb & Dumberson .

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still optimistic that we will sign Schultz to a longer deal to negate that 11m hit. It could be one that we can afford now then hate it two years down the road. We've seen enough of these tag situations end up hurting us more than helping, yet the FO is oblivious and keeps playing the fool.
I still would rather have used the transition tag to see if anyone else wanted him or that Schultz was hell bent on signing a lucrative deal with a bottom feeder. I think we all feel like we were bidding against ourselves once again.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doom & gloom here.
Reality towards Jerry & company being reactionary is a fact on display year after year and why someone coined the phrase years ago.

Tell death do us part and I sure hope Jerry goes first to allow me one more championship for my childhood team.

Until this time, it's onward through the fog

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumor has it that Dallas is upset with Coopers effort on a couple of plays late in the SF playoff game with regards to blocking downfield.

I still maintain Schultz couldn't block me.

Not sure I where I saw it but I heard Cooper called Dak the Black Kirk Cousins after that game.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sooooooo The Question:

As long as they keep Gregory I'm sort of OK losing Lawrence.

Sucks though, they were finally cooking with gas on the pass rush.