• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 offseason gossip & facts

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. He still has plenty of gas in the tank. Don't know what the market is for him but as you say - if he's sitting there and not getting any nibbles I'd love to have him in here again.
He wasn't very good this past year from what I was able to find. I did think he was very underrated for us and when he left was really good. He has been gone 4 years and is going to be 30 before next season starts. Not so sure how much gas is left in the tank. Wouldn't mind our football guys taking a look though I guess, as it isn't hard to help this team as an early down LB with what we ran out there lately

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't very good this past year from what I was able to find. I did think he was very underrated for us and when he left was really good. He has been gone 4 years and is going to be 30 before next season starts. Not so sure how much gas is left in the tank. Wouldn't mind our football guys taking a look though I guess, as it isn't hard to help this team as an early down LB with what we ran out there lately
The Chiefs games I saw (several as we get them while the Texans suck) he still seemed to provide solid run support. He's a liability in pass defense but he wasn't in there much in those situations. I'd take him at the vet minimum for a few years. Definitely brings leadership to that side of the ball.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs games I saw (several as we get them while the Texans suck) he still seemed to provide solid run support. He's a liability in pass defense but he wasn't in there much in those situations. I'd take him at the vet minimum for a few years. Definitely brings leadership to that side of the ball.

As I said, I'm not rushing to sign this guy, I'm interested if he's on the street after our draft. He's an in the box LB who plays the game with an attitude.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jayron Kearse is a good example of Quinns ability to bring the best out of a player. Kearse was so much better at safety than the complete trash we witnessed the past prior seasons. Kearse really impressed me with his play and football IQ. Kearse is a leader that they cant let get away

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So priority for me is bringing back Gregory,Kearse,Cedric Wilson and possibly Gallup depending on price. It would almost seem logical to draft a linebacker to pair with Cox in the first two rounds. Can you imagine Nakobe,Parsons and Cox on the field at the same time? I want to see continued improvement on defense.

Players like Cox and Nakobe Dean are what i want to see in the middle. They both got the instincts,ball skills and athletic ability i want at linebacker. I had a late 1st round grade on Cox. Dean is like a heat seeking missle. These two are winners and Quinn will get them playing at a high level. I think the plan for Cox was very obvious. Cox was going to get a a significant increase in snaps and then got hurt. That play Cox made on Daniel Jones is the type of play that changes a game.

I think you look at building around Parsons and you dont want to waste his talent. How many edge guys have we seen drop back in coverage on a wideout? And then actually make a play on the ball? Parsons is rare.

Last edited:

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the O-Line… did anyone see this bullshit from PFF the other day? I damn near spit out my coffee. It’s almost as if they didn’t watch this team - particularly in the 2nd half of the season.

The Dallas Cowboys head into the 2021 NFL playoffs with the single best offensive line in the game this season, according to PFF’s data. The Cowboys’ offensive line was back to its best this regular season. That resurgence was driven by the return of some of its best players who have missed time with injuries or seen their play fall off because of them.

Tyron Smith earned a 91.9 PFF grade this season, a career high and the first time he has been above 90.0 since 2015. He allowed 11 pressures across 460 pass-blocking snaps. Zack Martin was again one of the best linemen in the game, and the unit’s weakest link — center Tyler Biadasz — critically improved his performances and was solid overall. Only Tampa Bay’s line posted a better pass-blocking efficiency score than Dallas this season, and they were blocking for far less time on average.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the O-Line… did anyone see this bullshit from PFF the other day? I damn near spit out my coffee. It’s almost as if they didn’t watch this team - particularly in the 2nd half of the season.

The Dallas Cowboys head into the 2021 NFL playoffs with the single best offensive line in the game this season, according to PFF’s data. The Cowboys’ offensive line was back to its best this regular season. That resurgence was driven by the return of some of its best players who have missed time with injuries or seen their play fall off because of them.

Tyron Smith earned a 91.9 PFF grade this season, a career high and the first time he has been above 90.0 since 2015. He allowed 11 pressures across 460 pass-blocking snaps. Zack Martin was again one of the best linemen in the game, and the unit’s weakest link — center Tyler Biadasz — critically improved his performances and was solid overall. Only Tampa Bay’s line posted a better pass-blocking efficiency score than Dallas this season, and they were blocking for far less time on average.
The Cowboys had the best OL in 2016. This rating is BS. The OL failed to protect on 3rd and long. I argue Williams was a weaker link than Biadz. I know Farniok played in garbage time,but he dominated the Eagles. He could potentially take over Williams spot. We still dont know if Ball can play,but i like the potential. His college tape was impressive

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RG costs this team more than 10M a year it's a bad investment. I keep hearing talk of us moving Tank. Let's not create a hole and become desperate to tag RG.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RG costs this team more than 10M a year it's a bad investment. I keep hearing talk of us moving Tank. Let's not create a hole and become desperate to tag RG.
I dont see us cutting D-Law. That is 19 mil in dead cap & saves us 8 mil
So we would have to replace his output with 8 mil or less. Unless they have a post 6/1 trade planned. I really think he sticks around.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see us cutting D-Law. That is 19 mil in dead cap & saves us 8 mil
So we would have to replace his output with 8 mil or less. Unless they have a post 6/1 trade planned. I really think he sticks around.
I agree. Jerry is a reactional fan and he liked everything he saw last year on defense. It's the flavor of the month this offseason.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda interesting Peters would cost us 10 mil straight up, but it does save cap space. (plus whatever bottom feeder that gets cut)
what I do find also interesting is on 3/20 Coopers 2022 salary becomes fully guaranteed. So if he was ever gonna get cut it would before then. Of course trading could happen any time.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Cooper, BUT!

Dallas Cowboys: Pros of cutting Amari Cooper​

The most obvious pro to cutting Cooper when he still has three years left on his contract is the amount of salary cap space he would free up. Cooper has played through two years of his five-year contract worth $100 million. He accounts for 10.37 percent of the team's cap in 2022. While he is a $22 million cap hit, Cooper is only a $6 million dead cap hit and just $2 million post-June 1.
By cutting Cooper, the Cowboys are essentially back to breaking even with the cap by making one move. They could release other players, but everybody else making at least eight figures would be way too punitive with the dead cap. The Joneses may not want to do this, but cutting Cooper is the quickest way to freeing up between $16 million and $20 million depending on when it goes down.
Two other upsides to cutting Cooper are that freed up capital will make it easier to re-sign tight end Dalton Schultz and potentially wide receiver Michael Gallup. Dallas also has an emerging star receiver in CeeDee Lamb still on his rookie contract. While letting Cooper walk means someone else could be getting a Pro Bowler, the Cowboys have done a great job of winning in the NFL Draft.

Dallas Cowboys: Cons of cutting Amari Cooper​

The cons of cutting Cooper are plentiful. He would take it personally and then go out and have his best season ever for another franchise still very much in his prime. By letting him go, it means that Lamb has no choice but to become a superstar in 2022. He becomes the unquestioned featured wide receiver and with this power comes great responsibility. If Lamb up for this type of challenge?
While cutting him will help the Cowboys get back to even, they will need to part ways with at least one more big name or have several restructures to even take part in free agency. Releasing Cooper provides the greatest level of cap relief, but it does not get the Cowboys 100 percent back in the black. But even outside of a financial standpoint, the Cowboys would be losing a top-tier player.
Not only that, but Dak Prescott is at his best when he can trust Cooper in the passing game. Dallas stands to be the favorite to win the NFC East again next year. Depending on what happens throughout the rest of the NFC, the Cowboys could be in the mix to play in the conference title bout and get to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1995. Can they do this without Cooper?

Dallas Cowboys: Should they cut Amari Cooper?​

The only way the Cowboys are not cutting Cooper is if as many of their top 10 players as possible agree to restructures and we kick this can down the road, Saints style. The savings the Cowboys can make from parting ways with Cooper is too much to not seriously consider doing it. But because they have drafted so well, Dallas can bet on itself to add another wide receiver that way.
It might sting initially, but the Cowboys are better served by letting Cooper go and seeing him star for someone else than to pay him all that money. He may be a favorite target of Prescott, but this offense is going as far as the ground game takes it. Cooper has a bad history of drops and him missing games because he was unvaccinated could be the reason The Joneses part ways with him.
If the Cowboys were in a better cap spot, Cooper may stick, but the possible savings is too much.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe to some's surprise, this one I'm not sure of.

" it means that Lamb has no choice but to become a superstar in 2022. He becomes the unquestioned featured wide receiver and with this power comes great responsibility. Is Lamb up for this type of challenge?"

and I assume this assumes Gallup & Wilson resign with Dallas. WELL...Lamb is a talent, no question BUT, it hasn't shown itself to be Big Dog thus far.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horse of another color.

It's kinda funny how all the Dallas mediaheads NOW repeat themselves how Dallas MUST be a good running team for this team to see a conference championship game. The very same guys just this past September spoke of 40 burgers each week and unstoppable offense.

AND THEN

the season plays out and shit shifted, and the smart guys NOW have it all figured out.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe to some's surprise, this one I'm not sure of.

" it means that Lamb has no choice but to become a superstar in 2022. He becomes the unquestioned featured wide receiver and with this power comes great responsibility. Is Lamb up for this type of challenge?"

and I assume this assumes Gallup & Wilson resign with Dallas. WELL...Lamb is a talent, no question BUT, it hasn't shown itself to be Big Dog thus far.

Horse of another color.

It's kinda funny how all the Dallas mediaheads NOW repeat themselves how Dallas MUST be a good running team for this team to see a conference championship game. The very same guys just this past September spoke of 40 burgers each week and unstoppable offense.

AND THEN

the season plays out and shit shifted, and the smart guys NOW have it all figured out.
I thought the game plans were not good. Cowboys had games where they did not attack vertically enough. The Niners secondary was their weak link. Now maybe the Cowboys missed Gallup and that is why they did not take advantage. I just thought Moore stunk the last half of the season. It reminded me of Garretts game planning.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
INDIANAPOLIS -- Dallas Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy said Dak Prescott had surgery on his left shoulder last week, but that it will not impact the quarterback's availability for the off-season program.

McCarthy said the non-throwing-shoulder injury was an "irritant" to Prescott as the season progressed, but added he did not think it impacted the quarterback's play last season.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Cooper, BUT!

Dallas Cowboys: Pros of cutting Amari Cooper​

The most obvious pro to cutting Cooper when he still has three years left on his contract is the amount of salary cap space he would free up. Cooper has played through two years of his five-year contract worth $100 million. He accounts for 10.37 percent of the team's cap in 2022. While he is a $22 million cap hit, Cooper is only a $6 million dead cap hit and just $2 million post-June 1.
By cutting Cooper, the Cowboys are essentially back to breaking even with the cap by making one move. They could release other players, but everybody else making at least eight figures would be way too punitive with the dead cap. The Joneses may not want to do this, but cutting Cooper is the quickest way to freeing up between $16 million and $20 million depending on when it goes down.
Two other upsides to cutting Cooper are that freed up capital will make it easier to re-sign tight end Dalton Schultz and potentially wide receiver Michael Gallup. Dallas also has an emerging star receiver in CeeDee Lamb still on his rookie contract. While letting Cooper walk means someone else could be getting a Pro Bowler, the Cowboys have done a great job of winning in the NFL Draft.

Dallas Cowboys: Cons of cutting Amari Cooper​

The cons of cutting Cooper are plentiful. He would take it personally and then go out and have his best season ever for another franchise still very much in his prime. By letting him go, it means that Lamb has no choice but to become a superstar in 2022. He becomes the unquestioned featured wide receiver and with this power comes great responsibility. If Lamb up for this type of challenge?
While cutting him will help the Cowboys get back to even, they will need to part ways with at least one more big name or have several restructures to even take part in free agency. Releasing Cooper provides the greatest level of cap relief, but it does not get the Cowboys 100 percent back in the black. But even outside of a financial standpoint, the Cowboys would be losing a top-tier player.
Not only that, but Dak Prescott is at his best when he can trust Cooper in the passing game. Dallas stands to be the favorite to win the NFC East again next year. Depending on what happens throughout the rest of the NFC, the Cowboys could be in the mix to play in the conference title bout and get to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1995. Can they do this without Cooper?

Dallas Cowboys: Should they cut Amari Cooper?​

The only way the Cowboys are not cutting Cooper is if as many of their top 10 players as possible agree to restructures and we kick this can down the road, Saints style. The savings the Cowboys can make from parting ways with Cooper is too much to not seriously consider doing it. But because they have drafted so well, Dallas can bet on itself to add another wide receiver that way.
It might sting initially, but the Cowboys are better served by letting Cooper go and seeing him star for someone else than to pay him all that money. He may be a favorite target of Prescott, but this offense is going as far as the ground game takes it. Cooper has a bad history of drops and him missing games because he was unvaccinated could be the reason The Joneses part ways with him.
If the Cowboys were in a better cap spot, Cooper may stick, but the possible savings is too much.

I like Cooper but he has been injury prone lately.

I think if they could lose anybody it might be him. Gallup, Lamb, Wilson and maybe a rookie should be enough.

And I'd hate to not keep my man Gregory who has finally gotten off the schneide.

And I'd still dump Zeke if push came to shove.