• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 offseason gossip & facts

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're on to something here.

Good shot from the little we saw...Cox is going to be a player
For sure. My favorite play of his was when he rang Jones bell near the goal line and stopped a TD from happening

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys re-sign Carlos Watkins DL
Decent signing. Played better than Poe did... so far i give the Cowboys a C- for all the ofseason moves. I want to give a D,but i got a feeling Washington and Fowler could do some good things. I still think we need another good linebacker or safety.. Hooker and Kearse should be a good tandem,but no depth

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent signing. Played better than Poe did... so far i give the Cowboys a C- for all the ofseason moves. I want to give a D,but i got a feeling Washington and Fowler could do some good things. I still think we need another good linebacker or safety.. Hooker and Kearse should be a good tandem,but no depth
We still have $18M in cap space less Watkins and our draft class. I suspect some more signings are to come. Hopefully at least one is an impact player :hope:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have $18M in cap space less Watkins and our draft class. I suspect some more signings are to come. Hopefully at least one is an impact player :hope:
Looking at Spotrac we have 18.6 in space not counting Watkins, Dante Fowler, James Washington and Luke Gifford. The draft is supposed to eat up 9.6M.

With those numbers Dallas isn't signing any impact player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at Spotrac we have 18.6 in space not counting Watkins, Dante Fowler, James Washington and Luke Gifford. The draft is supposed to eat up 9.6M.

With those numbers Dallas isn't signing any impact player.
It won't be $9.6M for the draft and those guys you mentioned none will have big cap hits this year. As guys get added to the cap total others drop off. They absolutely will have room to sign someone if they want

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh... He is absolutely horrendous. I hate this.

I kind of like it. I think a little extra help for Moore will help and I think he will play a role in scouting teams when it comes to game planning. The coordinators don't have to listen. I think it's just another voice

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is very similar to what McAdoo did last year

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be $9.6M for the draft and those guys you mentioned none will have big cap hits this year. As guys get added to the cap total others drop off. They absolutely will have room to sign someone if they want
Minimum salary for the per CBA will be 4.5M. The 9.6 is per spotrac. Therefore the team has a little over 4M in cap space.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minimum salary for the per CBA will be 4.5M. The 9.6 is per spotrac. Therefore the team has a little over 4M in cap space.
They can create space if they want. This is what this front office is. Very good at drafting, terrible at contract negotiations, more concerned with their bottom line than winning. I think that's hard to argue

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can create space if they want. This is what this front office is. Very good at drafting, terrible at contract negotiations, more concerned with their bottom line than winning. I think that's hard to argue
I think they've re-did the available contracts just to get to where they are. Kicking that can down the road yearly is what caused the cap situation in the first place.

Eventually the team will have to let the high end contracts end and rebuild. I'm afraid this constant retooling will keep this teams wheels spinning in the mud.

They do enough to keep us fans excited then peter out with a dud.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they've re-did the available contracts just to get to where they are. Kicking that can down the road yearly is what caused the cap situation in the first place.

Eventually the team will have to let the high end contracts end and rebuild. I'm afraid this constant retooling will keep this teams wheels spinning in the mud.

They do enough to keep us fans excited then peter out with a dud.
You may be right, but I disagree. Once you start paying your QB franchise money, I think you have a 5-6 year window if you want to win a title. I understand kicking the can has consequences, but this team us going to continue to bleed players going forward. With what Hill got paid yesterday, $30 million a year, what are Lamb and Gallup gonna demand? Diggs is gonna want big money. Parsons is liable to be a $30 million plus defender when he comes due. Add in Dak's contract, and your window was last year, this and the next couple IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the websites already show 51 players counted against our cap, as a new player is signed/added, a cheaper player comes off so only the incremental $'s affect our cap. Also, we won't be keeping all of our draft picks. So, we have more space than that. Look at the cap hit listed on spotrac on 9/1 for all of our draft picks and see if it is $9.6M or less

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Liked the signing and few others but I still feel like we were fleeced for Cooper.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the websites already show 51 players counted against our cap, as a new player is signed/added, a cheaper player comes off so only the incremental $'s affect our cap. Also, we won't be keeping all of our draft picks. So, we have more space than that. Look at the cap hit listed on spotrac on 9/1 for all of our draft picks and see if it is $9.6M or less
I don't really have the time to calculate the contracts individually, but this is from Spotrac.

2022 Projected Draft Pool Cap​

Estimated cap dollars necessary to sign upcoming draft picks (not included in the cap figure yet)

So looking at the current cap space you have to subtract the amount the rookies will eat from the number.

Now depending on who gets cut for each rook that earns a spot ot will change the space.

O also see Collins is still counted under the cap as he's a post june cut, meaning Dallas clears 10M . Thats good news as it covers the rookies. So I will admit we have a little more cap space than I said.

So yes Dallas could afford to pay someone about 14M, but no rookies would ve able to sign until Collins contract cleared the books