• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 seasons. But will he play 20 total minutes this year? I'll take the under.
Yeah when people are loyal to you then you try to do the same. I assume he wanted to say he played 20 yrs with the same franchise prior to retiring. Glad they didnt force him out

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more nothing is done and it appears that will be the status with the Lakers, the greater likelihood of this season being another Lakers' mess. The losing will rival last year's train wreck. The quiet feud between Westbrook and James will metastasize into a full-blown cancer that will eat away at any miniscule chemistry that the present roster may engender. Everyone will be pissed.
A healthy LeBron and Davis will help.

Nunn too.

That will make the Season more palatable on its own.

The big problem is, outside of a guy on a 2-way comtract, LeBron is your best 3 PT shooter.

That is simply ridiculous when every other Team in the West got better, outside of the Spurs and Jazz.

I know Rob is trying.

But, goddamn.... Lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but with a caveat. The Nets should wait and see on Kyrie.....if KD returns. If he forces his way out, they should look to blow it up.

Yeah, I don't see the Lakers balking at a sign and trade. Assuming Lebron only plays 2 more years, a 4 year deal leaves them 2 years to see what they can do with Kyrie and AD. Although, that is a long time to have to worry about Kyries sanity.

Maybe the Lakers can hook him up with Metta Ron World Artest Peace's therapist? lol
Imo....

Even then, it depends on who they get back.

Say it's the Celtics or Raps.

Jaylen Brown, one of the Williams, Kyrie and their current roster is a playoff team.

Ditto for Siakam.

Obviously, that comes with the caveat of Kyrie playing nice in the sandbox.

The Nets have no incentive to tank.

They have no picks.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nunn too.

The big problem is, outside of a guy on a 2-way comtract, LeBron is your best 3 PT shooter.

That is simply ridiculous when every other Team in the West got better, outside of the Spurs and Jazz.

I know Rob is trying.

But, goddamn.... Lol

That's why, imo, I think it may be about time to start looking at other rumored trades more closely and start moving to complete one.

Whether Hield/Turner or the one with Gordon Hayward, they're going to need to do something.

With a healthy Lebron and AD, they can make the playoffs and even win a series or 2.

But to even have a punchers chance at the finals, they're going to have to address the perimeter shooting.

''Corner 3 Russ'' ain't gonna cut it. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why, imo, I think it may be about time to start looking at other rumored trades more closely and start moving to complete one.

Whether Hield/Turner or the one with Gordon Hayward, they're going to need to do something.

With a healthy Lebron and AD, they can make the playoffs and even win a series or 2.

But to even have a punchers chance at the finals, they're going to have to address the perimeter shooting.

Why not?

I really want to count how many times his shot misses on the wrong side of the backboard.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nunn too.

I know Rob is trying.

But, goddamn.... Lol
Nunn is a career 36.4% trey shooter.

James is at 34.6%.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo....

Even then, it depends on who they get back.

Say it's the Celtics or Raps.

Jaylen Brown, one of the Williams, Kyrie and their current roster is a playoff team.

Ditto for Siakam.

Obviously, that comes with the caveat of Kyrie playing nice in the sandbox.

The Nets have no incentive to tank.

They have no picks.

True.

Depends on what they end up getting for KD. If it's players along the lines of what you suggest, then maybe they decide to see what they can do with Kyrie.

On the other hand, do they want to just be a playoff team with no real shot at a title? A deal with expiring contracts and lots of picks could put give them incentive to tank.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree.

This can go 1 or 2 ways....

If they just let Russ fall off the books, you can't just go sign another 47 mil per year player.

But, If you did hold onto him, it does help in a sign and trade for Kyrie next Summer because your books will be pretty clean.

However, you would be hardcapped.

Which means, all the other spots are basically vet minimum guys.

I'd do it for Kyrie if it didn't mean wasting 1 year of Lebron.

Or, you could pivot to another trade package that makes you competitive immediately.

I like the Utah guys best.

I know having Bryant and Jones isn't a good reason to pass on Turner.... and Buddy gives you what you really need.

My biggest problem, after the fact that you are already stacked at those positions, is the money.

Buddy has another year at what 20 mil?

Plus, you would have to pay Turner this Summer.

That clogs your books and prevents you from adding anything meaningful to the roster in the Summer.

You would face a similar issue with Utah, depending on who you get.

If it's Bogdanovic and Beasley, cap space gone.

If it's Bogdanovic, Pat Bev or even Conley...you can maneuver and they fill a need.

Bogdo is a tradeable contract, especially if he has another good year, Conley will be tradeable because he is only partially guaranteed for next year and Bev is flat out expiring.

This road makes you competitive and you'd still have a path to Kyrie.

Only problem?

The cost because Danny Ainge is a prick.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make for a fun drinking game. lol
* contestants after every game played *

tenor.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

Depends on what they end up getting for KD. If it's players along the lines of what you suggest, then maybe they decide to see what they can do with Kyrie.

On the other hand, do they want to just be a playoff team with no real shot at a title? A deal with expiring contracts and lots of picks could put give them incentive to tank.
Not the Lakers picks because of how far out they are in the future.

Now, if they flipped those picks for something that helps them today?

Yeah.

If the Lakers picks have little or no protections, they become very valuable.