• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a horrible trade for Utah and the Nets.

It's actually based on rumored deals between the Knicks/Jazz and then Lakers/Jazz. I just smashed them together with a couple of minor tweaks to make the money work. For the Nets, its not a great return. True (though that team would still be competitive). For the Jazz, its not about the players, its about the draft picks which they'd be getting a bunch of. They want to suck (Victor Wembanyama) anyway so its not like they are trying to be competitive this year in whatever they get for Mitchell. A bunch of picks and a good prospective player like RJ Barrett is enough (and that's basically what been included in all the rumored packages so far). Plus, its not like I was deadset on that trade on this being a good trade anyway. It was more just a rough outline of what the Lakers/Kyrie trade would look like since Mecca and trojanfan12 were talking about how it'd have to be a multi-team deal. It's gonna have to look something like that. They're gonna have to rope in a couple of other teams to get the pieces each side are satisfied with.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there may be more twists and turns coming in this whole KD, Kyrie, Nets, Lakers thing.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be very surprised if a legit contender would want him, even at the deadline. For a team like that, there would other choices available that would cost less and not risk ruining their chemistry.
Again using a different Pistons team....

Detroit traded fan favorite Dantley for asshole Mark Aguirre.

They won a tittle because of it.

So, never say never .

* which you didn't *

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually based on rumored deals between the Knicks/Jazz and then Lakers/Jazz. I just smashed them together with a couple of minor tweaks to make the money work. For the Nets, its not a great return. True (though that team would still be competitive). For the Jazz, its not about the players, its about the draft picks which they'd be getting a bunch of. They want to suck (Victor Wembanyama) anyway so its not like they are trying to be competitive this year in whatever they get for Mitchell. A bunch of picks and a good prospective player like RJ Barrett is enough (and that's basically what been included in all the rumored packages so far). Plus, its not like I was deadset on that trade on this being a good trade anyway. It was more just a rough outline of what the Lakers/Kyrie trade would look like since Mecca and trojanfan12 were talking about how it'd have to be a multi-team deal. It's gonna have to look something like that. They're gonna have to rope in a couple of other teams to get the pieces each side are satisfied with.
Yeah, my major problem is with the Nets return.

They , Allegedly, don't want to trade Harris period.

But, lets take the other teams out of the equation.

Would the Nets do a Kyrie, Harris trade for a 1st, Bev, Conley and Bogdanovic trade?

I don't think they would.

But, maybe?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again using a different Pistons team....

Detroit traded fan favorite Dantley for asshole Mark Aguirre.

They won a tittle because of it.

So, never say never .

* which you didn't *

Outliers are great...but rare. It's why they're called outliers.

I remember Adrian Dantley being an asshole.

He may have been a fan favorite...but his teammates hated him. He was traded because he had issues with Isaiah, Chuck Daly and the GM over his demands to run the offense through him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be very surprised if a legit contender would want him, even at the deadline. For a team like that, there would other choices available that would cost less and not risk ruining their chemistry.

Well, there are plenty of teams who aren’t legit contenders now.

But I bet at least a few might consider a Kyrie Irving acquisition to give them a fighting shot.

A real contender isn’t trading for him, but a team on the fringe of contention just might.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there are plenty of teams who aren’t legit contenders now.

But I bet at least a few might consider a Kyrie Irving acquisition to give them a fighting shot.

A real contender isn’t trading for him, but a team on the fringe of contention just might.

Even that would be limited, imo.

A more veteran team that is maybe looking at a rebuild if they don't make a deep run (or maybe even if they do)...may very well be interested. Kyrie's crazy is less likely to be an issue. A team like...the Lakers. lol

But a younger team that is close...not so much. We saw the result of that when he was in Boston.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outliers are great...but rare. It's why they're called outliers.

I remember Adrian Dantley being an asshole.

He may have been a fan favorite...but his teammates hated him. He was traded because he had issues with Isaiah, Chuck Daly and the GM over his demands to run the offense through him.
Yeah, I forgot Thomas hated Dantley.

But, time will tell which of us is correct.

Injuries, trades could change the Kyrie landscape for other teams come the deadline.

The Nets clearly think the Lakers offer is garbage.

So, waiting likely won't make it any worse.

Push comes to shove, they can sign and trade him there in the Summer.

Unless he goes scorched earth, they shouldn't, and clearly are not, in any hurry to move him.

I'd say the Lakers are the ones on the clock.

It has already been reported that Kyrie, allegedly, wants to be in Brooklyn, with or without, Durant.

The Lakers are fucked if they start the Season with that roster.

I wouldn't be surprised to see you start 4-6, or worse, in your first 10.

NBA Twitter would burn.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even that would be limited, imo.

A more veteran team that is maybe looking at a rebuild if they don't make a deep run (or maybe even if they do)...may very well be interested. Kyrie's crazy is less likely to be an issue. A team like...the Lakers. lol

But a younger team that is close...not so much. We saw the result of that when he was in Boston.
You could totally be right.

Maybe no other team shows interest, no matter how well Kyrie behaves.

But, the Nets should wait to be sure of that if they don't get the deal they want beforehand.

Unless Kyrie is willing to take a paycut, the Lakers don't have a path to get him.

So, I doubt they'd balk at a sign and trade.

The Lakers can't trade this Year's pick.

But, they can make the pick for Brooklyn if the Nets decide to go the rebuild route.

Don't @ me about tampering.

It's already rampant.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I forgot Thomas hated Dantley.

But, time will tell which of us is correct.

Injuries, trades could change the Kyrie landscape for other teams come the deadline.

The Nets clearly think the Lakers offer is garbage.

So, waiting likely won't make it any worse.

Push comes to shove, they can sign and trade him there in the Summer.

Unless he goes scorched earth, they shouldn't, and clearly are not, in any hurry to move him.

I'd say the Lakers are the ones on the clock.

It has already been reported that Kyrie, allegedly, wants to be in Brooklyn, with or without, Durant.

The Lakers are fucked if they start the Season with that roster.

I wouldn't be surprised to see you start 4-6, or worse, in your first 10.

NBA Twitter would burn.

No doubt injuries/other trades could change the landscape.

The Lakers offer is garbage, it is also the only one the Nets have. That's why something along the lines of what @wildturkey suggested makes sense. It's still not great, but it beats the hell out of Westbrook and a couple of future firsts. lol

I really wouldn't put much stock in anything Kyrie says...a couple of weeks or so ago he said his priority was to get to the Lakers.

End of the day, what Kyrie wants likely means very little to the Nets right now because they still have to deal with KD who is and should be their priority. He says he wants Nash and Marks gone. The Nets have not only not fired them, Tsai doesn't seem willing to do that.

If KD forces his way out, the Nets position on Kyrie could change quickly. Especially since, if memory serves, there was a report that Kyrie doesn't like them either.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be nothing, could be something.

KD and Jason Tatum were photographed working out together in LA this past Thursday.

They supposedly became close friends when they played for USA in the Olympics and have been very good friends since.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could totally be right.

Maybe no other team shows interest, no matter how well Kyrie behaves.

But, the Nets should wait to be sure of that if they don't get the deal they want beforehand.

Unless Kyrie is willing to take a paycut, the Lakers don't have a path to get him.

So, I doubt they'd balk at a sign and trade.

The Lakers can't trade this Year's pick.

But, they can make the pick for Brooklyn if the Nets decide to go the rebuild route.

Don't @ me about tampering.

It's already rampant.

I agree, but with a caveat. The Nets should wait and see on Kyrie.....if KD returns. If he forces his way out, they should look to blow it up.

Yeah, I don't see the Lakers balking at a sign and trade. Assuming Lebron only plays 2 more years, a 4 year deal leaves them 2 years to see what they can do with Kyrie and AD. Although, that is a long time to have to worry about Kyries sanity.

Maybe the Lakers can hook him up with Metta Ron World Artest Peace's therapist? lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more nothing is done and it appears that will be the status with the Lakers, the greater likelihood of this season being another Lakers' mess. The losing will rival last year's train wreck. The quiet feud between Westbrook and James will metastasize into a full-blown cancer that will eat away at any miniscule chemistry that the present roster may engender. Everyone will be pissed.