• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it narrows your window.

I went to add something to that comment and deleted it by mistake. Saw in another comment you wouldn't go through with this trade because of KD's age. I agree. And another reason is his recent injury history.

KD can still play obviously. Nobody would ever question that. But I do question his availability given his recent injury issues the last couple of years.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. And KD hasn’t been healthy

I’ll be happy with the move or no move cause Boston is better than last year either way
I wouldn't do it.

You have so much depth.

No need to take a shortcut if it guts your roster.

Reactions: DJ

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been busy today... just now digesting this KD news. Here are my initial thoughts:
  • Jaylen Brown is the best individual asset I've heard included in KD trade talks. So that gives the Celtics a strong trading position among a seemingly small crowd (I imagine Toronto is the main horse we have to outrace)
  • The Celtics don't have to do this. But depending on the price, they probably should.
  • Jaylen Brown, Derrick White, maybe one other reserve guy and 3 firsts seems like a reasonable compromise to me.
  • I don't like the idea of including Smart, due to Brogdon's injury history.
  • What does KD want? Is he in favor of Boston or not? <--- Seems like a question the Celtics better know the answer to.
On a final note, I do feel bad for Jaylen Brown. He deserves better then to be bandied around in trade talks. If it wasn't KD we're talking about, it'd be an insult. But because it's KD we're talking about...

the-godfather-its-not-personal.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to add something to that comment and deleted it by mistake. Saw in another comment you wouldn't go through with this trade because of KD's age. I agree. And another reason is his recent injury history.

KD can still play obviously. Nobody would ever question that. But I do question his availability given his recent injury issues the last couple of years.
Agree 100%.

All of your guys are mostly on the same trajectory, outside of Horford.

Obviously, Durant is better than Brown.

But, the Nets want Brown, White, Smart and picks.

The sum of their parts > Durant's offense.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't do it.

You have so much depth.

No need to take a shortcut if it guts your roster.

Really not a lot of depth. It’s basically an 8 man roster with dreg on the back end

Smart
Brogdan
White
Brown
Tatum
grant
Gallo
Big swat bob
Al

And then Dreg lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been busy today... just now digesting this KD news. Here are my initial thoughts:
  • Jaylen Brown is the best individual asset I've heard included in KD trade talks. So that gives the Celtics a strong trading position among a seemingly small crowd (I imagine Toronto is the main horse we have to outrace)
  • The Celtics don't have to do this. But depending on the price, they probably should.
  • Jaylen Brown, Derrick White, maybe one other reserve guy and 3 firsts seems like a reasonable compromise to me.
  • What does KD want? Is he in favor of Boston or not? <--- Seems like a question the Celtics better know the answer to.
On a final note, I do feel bad for Jaylen Brown. He deserves better then to be bandied around in trade talks. If it wasn't KD we're talking about, it'd be an insult. But because it's KD we're talking about...

What does KD want? Well he's ring hunting (for a 3rd time) and wants to play for a title contender (again).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they are both reporting this.

So, maybe it wasn't a past discussion and it's actually a ongoing negotiation?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%.

All of your guys are mostly on the same trajectory, outside of Horford.

Obviously, Durant is better than Brown.

But, the Nets want Brown, White, Smart and picks.

The sum of their parts > Durant's offense.

The Nets want too much for a player that's now injury prone. I think it's a serious gamble to trade for KD.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really not a lot of depth. It’s basically an 8 man roster with dreg on the back end

Smart
Brogdan
White
Brown
Tatum
grant
Gallo
Big swat bob
Al

And then Dreg lol
Take Smart, Brown and White away and your defense is fubar, outside of Time Lord.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smart
Brogdan
White
Brown
Tatum
grant
Gallo
Big swat bob
Al

And then Dreg lol
No love for Fast PP? :tsk:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone may need to explain that to Jaylen.