• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a new show to get me through to football season
if you have HBO and have not watched the first season of True Detective- I dont know what to tell you.

If I had to rate the top 5 single seasons of any show- that would easily be in there...maybe no. 1. McConoughy and Woody are detectives who are partners. It is really incredible TV. It is a "serial" installments so Allen and McConaughy were not in seasons 2 or 3- which both were very very underwhelming if not straight out bad. But Season 1 of True Detective may be #1 on the TV mountain.

Season 5 of mad men is up there. Though most people will tell you season 4 is one of the best seasons of television ever.
Season 3 of Game of Thrones (has both the red wedding and Daenerys freeing the unsullied)
Season 4 and 5 of Breaking Bad are great.

if you have Apple TV- "For All Mankind" just came out with Season 3. Season 2 was amazing. Season 1 of Severance was as weird and inventive of a show as you will see.

Watchman and Station 11 are single season shows on HBO that are both excellent.

If you want some laughs- there is nothing better on TV right now than The Boys. holy shit....it is an absolutely ridiculous, disgusting, hilarious show. Season 3 just ended.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, so underrated.

Loved that show. My wife told me about it. She had watched the first 3 or 4 episodes and told I would like it. I kept putting it off until she made me sit and watch the first couple of episodes.

Some of the fight scenes were just amazing. I think Burton vs. Nola might be my favorite one.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers do nothing, and it looks as though that is what will transpire, Westbrook in the same locker room with James is going to be a nightmare. I say good, you wanted him, James, you live with his ridiculous delusional and lazy ass!

The Lakers are going to eff-up a chance to move Westbrook and bring in Hield and Turner for what?? A couple of draft picks?? Holding out for Kyrie who is going to hold them hostage to his ever-changing whims?? Seriously?? And fans what this egomanical douchebag??

The Lakers will have a hell of a season coming-up with a whole bunch of players basically playing for themselves. We will see where Ham ends-up say 20 games into it!

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers do nothing, and it looks as though that is what will transpire, Westbrook in the same locker room with James is going to be a nightmare. I say good, you wanted him, James, you live with his ridiculous delusional and lazy ass!

The Lakers are going to eff-up a chance to move Westbrook and bring in Hield and Turner for what?? A couple of draft picks?? Holding out for Kyrie who is going to hold them hostage to his ever-changing whims?? Seriously?? And fans what this egomanical douchebag??

The Lakers will have a hell of a season coming-up with a whole bunch of players basically playing for themselves. We will see where Ham ends-up say 20 games into it!
Long way between now and the start of the season....

But, if so the Lakers game threads will be entertaining....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal was Hield and Turner to the Lakers for Westbrook and the 2027 and 2029 First Round picks.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved that show. My wife told me about it. She had watched the first 3 or 4 episodes and told I would like it. I kept putting it off until she made me sit and watch the first couple of episodes.

Some of the fight scenes were just amazing. I think Burton vs. Nola might be my favorite one.
Anthony Starr is so good in Banshee and The Boys.

But, Job was my favorite character....lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lego movie GIF
The deal was Hield and Turner to the Lakers for Westbrook and the 2027 and 2029 First Round picks.
I know you were working, Retro but you got....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you have HBO and have not watched the first season of True Detective- I dont know what to tell you.

If I had to rate the top 5 single seasons of any show- that would easily be in there...maybe no. 1. McConoughy and Woody are detectives who are partners. It is really incredible TV. It is a "serial" installments so Allen and McConaughy were not in seasons 2 or 3- which both were very very underwhelming if not straight out bad. But Season 1 of True Detective may be #1 on the TV mountain.

Season 5 of mad men is up there. Though most people will tell you season 4 is one of the best seasons of television ever.
Season 3 of Game of Thrones (has both the red wedding and Daenerys freeing the unsullied)
Season 4 and 5 of Breaking Bad are great.

if you have Apple TV- "For All Mankind" just came out with Season 3. Season 2 was amazing. Season 1 of Severance was as weird and inventive of a show as you will see.

Watchman and Station 11 are single season shows on HBO that are both excellent.

If you want some laughs- there is nothing better on TV right now than The Boys. holy shit....it is an absolutely ridiculous, disgusting, hilarious show. Season 3 just ended.
Did you watch Mare of Eastown?

I feel bad for the casts of True Detective Season 2 and 3.

They weren't bad.

They just cold not live up to the greatness of Season 1.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, Burton vs Nola was fire!!!!

Chayton's storyline gets the Chef Kiss as well.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s a no brainer for the lakers and they blew it

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season hasn't started yet, has it?

They fix it. But dead is strong

This should’ve been a pretty easy sell.

Sure you just hold out at first to try, but when push seems to shove, you make the move

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Lakers have not learned anything from last summer as they are once again listening to James the GM who, according to several sources wants the Lakers to do what it takes to move Westbrook and bring in Irving!! (see the above posted article by Marc Stein) LOL!!

When are they going to learn a valuable lesson? The Lakers and Pacers came to a dead-end and just like last summer, another very good deal, this time for both the Lakers and Pacers, is getting nowhere as James runs his mouth about what should be done. What a flippin joke!!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Lakers have not learned anything from last summer as they are once again listening to James the GM who, according to several sources wants the Lakers to do what it takes to move Westbrook and bring in Irving!! (see the above posted article by Marc Stein) LOL!!

When are they going to learn a valuable lesson? The Lakers and Pacers came to a dead-end and just like last summer, another very good deal, this time for both the Lakers and Pacers, is getting nowhere as James runs his mouth about what should be done. What a flippin joke!!

They seem to think they can make this deal and still make a kyrie deal with the other first?

That would be wild

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was it? I fucking hate Russell Westbrook as a player, especially for the Lakers. But I am NOT giving up 2 draft picks for fucking Buddy Hield and Myles Turner. That move does what, get them from 9 seed to the 7th? I'd rather eat another season with Westbrook or punt it until the deadline and see if the price lowers. They should trade both picks for Kyrie. Anything else is just giving up assets for minimal gain.